The Putin billionaires have gained $62 billion during the 'pandemic'

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Over the past two months, the number of dollar billionaires in Russia has increased from 99 to 101, and their combined fortune has grown from $392 billion to $454 billion.

The March collapse of the OPEC+ deal and the coronavirus pandemic all over the world hit the business of Forbes's richest people. However, in the more than two months since then, the dollar billionaires are the wealthiest people in the world - the top 25 leaders of the rating alone rose by $255 billion during this period.

Forbes list members from Russia have also not been left out. During the pandemic, the total wealth of Russian dollar billionaires increased by $62 billion - from $392 billion to $454 billion, according to the Forbes Real Time counter, which evaluates changes in the wealthiest people in the world in real time.

We took March 18 as a starting point for comparison - this date was chosen for the final calculation of the states of businessmen who were included in the Forbes 2020 list. At the same time, stock markets were experiencing one of the strongest declines. And a week earlier, on 11 March, WHO recognized the spread of coronavirus as a pandemic. Since then, the Dow Jones index has risen by 23%, S&P by 23%. The Moscow Stock Exchange Index was 2112.64 points on 18 March, up 30% to 2757.9 points by 25 May.

The state of the five richest Russians in the reporting period increased by $22.6 billion, to $109.5 billion. Vladimir Potanin, the main owner of Norilsk Nickel, became richer than others. The businessman, who ranked first in the Russian part of the Forbes rating this year, increased his fortune by $6.4 billion during the pandemic, from $19.7 billion to $26.1 billion.

ec7a9f23ea0c16070eddded33a1e45ae.jpg

Remember when Obama claimed sanctions would cause "slow strangulation" to Russian oligarchs?

Remember when Obama claimed sanctions would cause "slow strangulation" to Russian oligarchs?

Thats pretty unequal distribution among billionaires but should come as no surprise. Those with the most to gain from video conferencing, shop at home and general internet nonsense are the ones pushing for a continued shutdown. Every last one, except possibly Musk, are Hillary donors. BIG Hillary donors.

When will people learn?

PSSSST...Your're just traitorously lying MAGAcidal
'Alt'- KGB freaks for Mommy loanshark USSR...dddduh

3 years ago, a complete moron of a president told NBC's Lester Holt,
"I was going to fire Comey. … [W]hen I decided to just do it I said to myself,
I said, 'You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.'"
BAM! SPECIAL PROSECUTOR! Donald J. Trump on Twitter— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) May 24, 2020

Last edited:

Forum List

Back