The Prez is immoral, get a load of this

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Republicans love to boast about their president, President Bush, being consistent. He says what he means, they say, and he means what he says. His faith, which he conveniently found after his life hit rock bottom, is, to hear it, his guide. But above all else, he's consistent. And they may be right, as Wednesday's news proved. In vetoing legislation that had the potential to improve - and even save - lives, the president again proved his supporters right. He has been consistent. Bush has consistently supported pain. Consistently supported suffering. Consistently supported death.

But that's not all. When announcing his veto of the legislation, Bush said, "It crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", later adding "America must never abandon our fundamental morals." Bush, therefore, has also consistently been a hypocrite. And so has his party. Your suffering, after all, is their electoral gain. Your suffering excites their base. Your suffering doesn't matter to them.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Sending our armed forces into Iraq based on a pack of lies. Then, once they're there, denying them the proper equipment while serving them spoiled food and contaminated water. Then, once they return home - if they're lucky enough to return home - cutting their benefits while seeking to redefine what constitutes a "veteran" in order to further cut costs. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Overseeing widespread human rights violations at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay. Operating secret prisons. Sending terror suspects for detention and interrogation to nations known for torturing prisoners. Using chemical weapons in Iraq while claiming at one point to have invaded the nation to prevent it from developing weapons of mass destruction. Looking the other way as a few bad apples turn their time in Iraq into a civilian killing spree, while the Pentagon relaxes recruitment guidelines so much so that the Southern Poverty Law Center has said that hate groups are infiltrating the military. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Picking up a guitar while thousands died along the Gulf Coast. Then, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, using firemen as props instead of lifesavers. And claiming that "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees" despite the fact that the president was warned ahead of time - in grave terms - that disaster was fast approaching. Not only that, but also asking no questions and saying "We are fully prepared" during these briefings. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Claiming to be a "compassionate conservative" and promoting a "culture of life" while, when you were governor of Texas, presiding over 131 executions. "I've said once and I've said a lot that in every case," you said, "we've adequately answered innocence or guilt." You added that defendants "had full access to the courts. They've had full access to a fair trial." How, Mr. President, do you square your statements with the fact that of those cases, 43 of the 131 defense attorneys were later disciplined or disbarred for their legal ineptitude. Some didn't even present evidence. This, to me, crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Thanking your financial backers by putting many of them in high-ranking government positions. Positions with responsibility for, among other things, mine safety. Then, to further scratch the back of the energy industry that had so supported your campaigns, relaxing regulations and slashing budgets. What's more, looking the other way as violations rose at the Sago mine. I'm sure you remember what happened there, don't you, Mr. President? Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

But this isn't about respecting moral boundaries is it, Mr. President? No, it's about pandering to your base, those stupid Americans who, in some cases, amount to a scant 3 percent. What's more, pandering to your base using arguments which not only don't hold water, but also aren't supported by a majority of Americans. At every turn - medicinal marijuana, forcing Americans to seek less expensive prescription drugs from Canada, end-of-life issues and now stem cell research - this administration has taken a pro-pain, pro-suffering, pro-death stance. And for what? Certainly not political expediency, as America isn't on the administration's side on this issue, as it isn't on so many others. In fact, the commercials this fall ought to write themselves. No, this was done to appease the extremist fringe that still manages to support this president. Congratulations, guys, your continued ignorance can remain responsible for continued suffering.

"If this bill would have become law, American taxpayers would, for the first time in our history, be compelled to fund the deliberate destruction of human embryos," Bush said Wednesday with his trademark smug arrogance. "And I'm not going to allow it." Tough talk from a president whose cowboy diplomacy has been silenced in the face of global events beyond his intelligence. Tough talk from a president whose administration just had its bluff called by North Korea. Tough talk from a president who is shirking his responsibilities as a global diplomat because he would rather attack Iran than work for peace. I suppose it's far easier to talk tough when those on the receiving end are innocent Americans. So, when you look around at the millions who could have benefited from government-sponsored stem cell research and who instead suffer, thank a Republican. Your suffering doesn't matter to them.

Psychoblues

You have become soooo boring......

All you do is start another tread, that is the same old rehashed shit you started in the last ten treads.......

Please kick that old phonograph, the record you keep playing, keeps skipping, skipping, skipping

We all know how you feel about Bush and any Republicans.

You and Democrats and Clinton(blow job and all), Clinton IMPEACHED for lying, Somolia, Kosovo, Clinton bombing Sadam while he was in office, the first trade center bombing, the USS Cole, Clinton and Albrigh burning down the Davidians compond with 80 people in it, 20 of them children, Clinton and Albright jack booting a little Cuban boy from his relatives arms(that his mother gave her life to get her and her little boy out of Cuba) so he could send him back to a hellhole........
you see as GOOD

Bush and Republicans bad...

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

You are,Stuck, stuck, stuck on stupid...
:lame2::sleep:

Is there any point in reading a new Psychoblues post? Its all the same gibberish regurgitated over and over.

Stephanie said:
You have become soooo boring......

All you do is start another tread, that is the same old rehashed shit you started in the last ten treads.......

Please kick that old phonograph, the record you keep playing, keeps skipping, skipping, skipping

We all know how you feel about Bush and any Republicans.

You and Democrats and Clinton(blow job and all), Clinton IMPEACHED for lying, Somolia, Kosovo, Clinton bombing Sadam while he was in office, the first trade center bombing, the USS Cole, Clinton and Albrigh burning down the Davidians compond with 80 people in it, 20 of them children, Clinton and Albright jack booting a little Cuban boy from his relatives arms(that his mother gave her life to get her and her little boy out of Cuba) so he could send him back to a hellhole........
you see as GOOD

Bush and Republicans bad...

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

You are,Stuck, stuck, stuck on stupid...
:lame2::sleep:

I think you meant Janet Reno.

Madeleine Albright was Secretary of State.

nt250 said:
I think you meant Janet Reno.

Madeleine Albright was Secretary of State.

Yep, your right...
I was so frustrated typing that, my thoughts were way ahead of my typing .... maybe I've been seeing Albright so much on the talk shows lately...She must be stuck in my head...:eek:

For some reason I couldn't spell thread last night either....:D

Thanks
:thup:

Guys... dont' worry about tards like this.... there is no-way they can preach what is moral or what is immoral because libs like him believe in moral relativism - therefore there is no absolute right or wrong on their book... So who are they to preach on what is moral and what isn't?

-Cp said:
Guys... dont' worry about tards like this.... there is no-way they can preach what is moral or what is immoral because libs like him believe in moral relativism - therefore there is no absolute right or wrong on their book... So who are they to preach on what is moral and what isn't?

Psychoblah is going to smite you hip and thigh for THAT!

Are you Preaching, arguing for areement, or simply ignoring the conversations?

Name calling and innuendo is your mantra or is it not? I expected better from you.

Do YOU have an understanding of "moral relativism"? I do not and I have never advocated such. What does that make you? And, again, I am not "preaching".

I was accused earlier in USMB of lecturing by a reader that was trying to open his eyes. Now it's "preaching" from another reader that is obviously ignorant and content to stay that way. I'm just Psychoblues, an American and as entitled through my civic/military service and U.S. citizenship to at least my opinion. I haven't seen much opposition here for my opinions but I have damn sure seen a lot of name calling and innuendo. Couple all that with general ignorance and lack of intelligent response, I share the same low opinion of you as you have of me.

Psychoblues

-Cp said:

Go ahead. Make your 13 year old smart ass remarks and avoid the subject. I have grand kids and raised a few kids of my own. Your statements are painfully familiar but understandably ill percieved. I see that a lot in my examinations of right wing playbook expounderations. TeeHee.

Psychoblues

MtnBiker said:
And still not say anything.

Psychoblues said:
Go ahead. Make your 13 year old smart ass remarks and avoid the subject. I have grand kids and raised a few kids of my own. Your statements are painfully familiar but understandably ill percieved. I see that a lot in my examinations of right wing playbook expounderations. TeeHee.

Psychoblues
It is impossible to refute someone elses fantasy. It's your twisted dream, Psycho, and all your factless rhetoric will not make it reality, no matter how many times you click those little red shoes of yours together. By the way, the fact that you raised kids of your own and have grandkids doesn't lend any validity to your POV either.

Actually, CSM, it is not impossible to refute a fantasy. As a former politician Union official and a veteran, I can honestly say that I've refuted more than a few fantasies. As a present voluntary member of a Homeland Security issues group, I refute even more of them. As a regular spokesman for Veterans issues, I find myself capable and successfully refuting even more of them.

You don't know crap about realities, do you, CSM? BTW, I don't have any "red shoes" and my kids and grand kids couldn't care less about your POV either. I don't try to be any Patriarch, but my young un's know where I stand, especially on the lying and repetitive tactics of the Republican Party.

Get real, who has repeatedly demonstrated genuine compassion for American working and thusly poor people? If Republicans had their way, as demonstrated time and time again, working and poor people, also black, female, or non property owners, would not even be given an opportunity to vote. Democrats fight for all that, not Republicans. It's amazing to me how the falsehood of the "American Dream" is so readily accepted by so many that so willingly vote against their own self interests. But, that's a book of it's own.

Psychoblues

CSM said:
It is impossible to refute someone elses fantasy. It's your twisted dream, Psycho, and all your factless rhetoric will not make it reality, no matter how many times you click those little red shoes of yours together. By the way, the fact that you raised kids of your own and have grandkids doesn't lend any validity to your POV either.

Psychoblues said:
...many that so willingly vote against their own self interests.

Voting for public interest rather than your *own* self interst is more noble, no? I for one can give up individual luxuries willingly to better life for everyone else. I guess thats what makes me a republican, and you a democrat.

Psychoblues said:
Republicans love to boast about their president, President Bush, being consistent. He says what he means, they say, and he means what he says. His faith, which he conveniently found after his life hit rock bottom, is, to hear it, his guide. But above all else, he's consistent. And they may be right, as Wednesday's news proved. In vetoing legislation that had the potential to improve - and even save - lives, the president again proved his supporters right. He has been consistent. Bush has consistently supported pain. Consistently supported suffering. Consistently supported death.

But that's not all. When announcing his veto of the legislation, Bush said, "It crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", later adding "America must never abandon our fundamental morals." Bush, therefore, has also consistently been a hypocrite. And so has his party. Your suffering, after all, is their electoral gain. Your suffering excites their base. Your suffering doesn't matter to them.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Sending our armed forces into Iraq based on a pack of lies. Then, once they're there, denying them the proper equipment while serving them spoiled food and contaminated water. Then, once they return home - if they're lucky enough to return home - cutting their benefits while seeking to redefine what constitutes a "veteran" in order to further cut costs. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Overseeing widespread human rights violations at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay. Operating secret prisons. Sending terror suspects for detention and interrogation to nations known for torturing prisoners. Using chemical weapons in Iraq while claiming at one point to have invaded the nation to prevent it from developing weapons of mass destruction. Looking the other way as a few bad apples turn their time in Iraq into a civilian killing spree, while the Pentagon relaxes recruitment guidelines so much so that the Southern Poverty Law Center has said that hate groups are infiltrating the military. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Picking up a guitar while thousands died along the Gulf Coast. Then, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, using firemen as props instead of lifesavers. And claiming that "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees" despite the fact that the president was warned ahead of time - in grave terms - that disaster was fast approaching. Not only that, but also asking no questions and saying "We are fully prepared" during these briefings. Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Claiming to be a "compassionate conservative" and promoting a "culture of life" while, when you were governor of Texas, presiding over 131 executions. "I've said once and I've said a lot that in every case," you said, "we've adequately answered innocence or guilt." You added that defendants "had full access to the courts. They've had full access to a fair trial." How, Mr. President, do you square your statements with the fact that of those cases, 43 of the 131 defense attorneys were later disciplined or disbarred for their legal ineptitude. Some didn't even present evidence. This, to me, crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

You know what "crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect", Mr. President? Thanking your financial backers by putting many of them in high-ranking government positions. Positions with responsibility for, among other things, mine safety. Then, to further scratch the back of the energy industry that had so supported your campaigns, relaxing regulations and slashing budgets. What's more, looking the other way as violations rose at the Sago mine. I'm sure you remember what happened there, don't you, Mr. President? Those things, to me, cross a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect.

But this isn't about respecting moral boundaries is it, Mr. President? No, it's about pandering to your base, those stupid Americans who, in some cases, amount to a scant 3 percent. What's more, pandering to your base using arguments which not only don't hold water, but also aren't supported by a majority of Americans. At every turn - medicinal marijuana, forcing Americans to seek less expensive prescription drugs from Canada, end-of-life issues and now stem cell research - this administration has taken a pro-pain, pro-suffering, pro-death stance. And for what? Certainly not political expediency, as America isn't on the administration's side on this issue, as it isn't on so many others. In fact, the commercials this fall ought to write themselves. No, this was done to appease the extremist fringe that still manages to support this president. Congratulations, guys, your continued ignorance can remain responsible for continued suffering.

"If this bill would have become law, American taxpayers would, for the first time in our history, be compelled to fund the deliberate destruction of human embryos," Bush said Wednesday with his trademark smug arrogance. "And I'm not going to allow it." Tough talk from a president whose cowboy diplomacy has been silenced in the face of global events beyond his intelligence. Tough talk from a president whose administration just had its bluff called by North Korea. Tough talk from a president who is shirking his responsibilities as a global diplomat because he would rather attack Iran than work for peace. I suppose it's far easier to talk tough when those on the receiving end are innocent Americans. So, when you look around at the millions who could have benefited from government-sponsored stem cell research and who instead suffer, thank a Republican. Your suffering doesn't matter to them.

Psychoblues

Dude, for the last time, if you are going to claim President Bush is a liar, then you need to provide evidence that he lied of something. Repeatedly stating that President Bush lied to get us into Iraq doesnt make it true.

Disagreeing with you about energy policy doesnt make one immoral either.

President Bush doesnt force people to go to Canada for drugs. Why is it you libs fail to understand something so basic such as: It costs money to produce drugs. You see if you companies spend billions of dollars in research to create the drug. In order to make enough money just to recooperate the funds they have spent on development and research the drugs are going to be expensive. Dont forget that the whole point of working is to produce money to pay the people who work for them and the scientists who develop the drugs and the owners who come up with the ideas to produce them in the first place.

You can't turn around and demand they charge next to nothing. They would go bankrupt. They would be unable to pay their workers. Hundreds of thousands of people would be out of work and even more importantly there would be no one who would be willing to invest the amount of money it would take to create new drugs for future treatments. Without those drugs millions would die.

You want to know why drugs cost so much in the US? Its because other nations such as Canada have bought the liberal nonsense you are spouting and forced companies to sell drugs for a loss at lower prices. They have to recooperate their losses and where do they do it? In the US.

Do you know whats immoral? Demanding people give you something for nothing and feeling as though if they dont want to they are the bad guys. Stop trying to be generous with the money and resources of others and start taking responsibility for yourself. People are more than willing to help out those who are needy. But when people start demanding money and benefits without doing any work as if they are entitled to it without showing any gratitude at all people start to get pissed off.

I'll admit, readily, that I am no match for your obviously ignorant and absolutely brainwashed ideologies. Even FoxNews admits that Bush is a liar but a compassionate and respectable one they go on to intimate. BULLSHIT!!

Psychoblues

Dude, for the last time, if you are going to claim President Bush is a liar, then you need to provide evidence that he lied of something. Repeatedly stating that President Bush lied to get us into Iraq doesnt make it true.

Disagreeing with you about energy policy doesnt make one immoral either.

President Bush doesnt force people to go to Canada for drugs. Why is it you libs fail to understand something so basic such as: It costs money to produce drugs. You see if you companies spend billions of dollars in research to create the drug. In order to make enough money just to recooperate the funds they have spent on development and research the drugs are going to be expensive. Dont forget that the whole point of working is to produce money to pay the people who work for them and the scientists who develop the drugs and the owners who come up with the ideas to produce them in the first place.

You can't turn around and demand they charge next to nothing. They would go bankrupt. They would be unable to pay their workers. Hundreds of thousands of people would be out of work and even more importantly there would be no one who would be willing to invest the amount of money it would take to create new drugs for future treatments. Without those drugs millions would die.

You want to know why drugs cost so much in the US? Its because other nations such as Canada have bought the liberal nonsense you are spouting and forced companies to sell drugs for a loss at lower prices. They have to recooperate their losses and where do they do it? In the US.

Do you know whats immoral? Demanding people give you something for nothing and feeling as though if they dont want to they are the bad guys. Stop trying to be generous with the money and resources of others and start taking responsibility for yourself. People are more than willing to help out those who are needy. But when people start demanding money and benefits without doing any work as if they are entitled to it without showing any gratitude at all people start to get pissed off.

Psychoblues said:
I'll admit, readily, that I am no match for your obviously ignorant and absolutely brainwashed ideologies. Even FoxNews admits that Bush is a liar but a compassionate and respectable one they go on to intimate. BULLSHIT!!

Psychoblues
This is the fallacious argument used in this thread by Psychoblues..

Argument By Repetition (Argument Ad Nauseam):

if you say something often enough, some people will begin to believe it. There are some net.kooks who keeping reposting the same articles to Usenet, presumably in hopes it will have that effect.

Then when asked for evidence to the "lies" he says FoxNews "admits" it then gives no links, once again working the Repitition factor. People here are smarter than that. That you have fallen for such fallacy doesn't work to change our minds, it only works to underline the fact that you haven't backed up your argument with one bit of evidence... And it also works to make you look about as crazy as the Cat Lady on the Simpsons...

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Psychoblues said:
Actually, CSM, it is not impossible to refute a fantasy. As a former politician Union official and a veteran, I can honestly say that I've refuted more than a few fantasies. As a present voluntary member of a Homeland Security issues group, I refute even more of them. As a regular spokesman for Veterans issues, I find myself capable and successfully refuting even more of them.

You don't know crap about realities, do you, CSM? BTW, I don't have any "red shoes" and my kids and grand kids couldn't care less about your POV either. I don't try to be any Patriarch, but my young un's know where I stand, especially on the lying and repetitive tactics of the Republican Party.

Get real, who has repeatedly demonstrated genuine compassion for American working and thusly poor people? If Republicans had their way, as demonstrated time and time again, working and poor people, also black, female, or non property owners, would not even be given an opportunity to vote. Democrats fight for all that, not Republicans. It's amazing to me how the falsehood of the "American Dream" is so readily accepted by so many that so willingly vote against their own self interests. But, that's a book of it's own.

Psychoblues

You see here it is again, you constantly have to tell everyone what an important individual you "supposedly" are, if you really did all these things like union official and served your country you wouldn't have to say a damn thing.

But then again, all you have to do is show some proof of either and I will personally offer you a public apology but until then please stop bullshitting USMB and seek a 12 step program.

BTW, stemcell research MAY solve medical problems.......again MAY, it is not for certain.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Yet another well-presented case by psycho when asked to provide evidence to support his allegations.

:bow2:

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Really? I watch Fox news frequently and Ive never heard them admit such a thing. If this is true then why just tell us what President Bush supposedly lied about. Ive been waiting 6 years for someone to do so.

Forum List

Back