The positive numbers about young black men

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

0222jackson.jpg

Damned by faint praise. After all , 70% of black fathers have little or nothing to do with their children's rearing.

Baby-daddies really suck at that.

Damned by faint praise. After all , 70% of black fathers have little or nothing to do with their children's rearing.

100% of that post is bull pucky
No, the state of black-American youth is an abysmal failure by any standard. Skewed statistics is not going to save enough of them from crime, murder and incarceration. You have no point..

100% of that post is bull pucky
No, the state of black-American youth is an abysmal failure by any standard. Skewed statistics is not going to save enough of them from crime, murder and incarceration. You have no point..

Ok, but your post is still 100% made up

What an asshole. As if bullshit graphics from the NAACP are empirical proof regarding any reality on America's mean streets. Of course there are millions of decent black men in this country; I knew many in Vietnam and in the military at large and in my life ever since, but that doesn't excuse the millions who aren't decent, who gun each other down at horrific rates every year, and who make life so miserable for the rest of society. Have the guts to face life's problems head-on instead of finding proxy targets for your hate. It makes you leftists look such fucking cowards.

What an asshole. As if bullshit graphics from the NAACP are empirical proof regarding any reality on America's mean streets.

The graphics arent the point the point is the statistics. Here it is without the graphics...I thought the pics made it easier to read

9 out of 10 black people 12 or older currently don’t use illicit drugs.

93% don’t suffer from substance abuse issues.

7 out of 10 black fathers ages 15 to 44 who live with their children bathe, dress, diaper, or help their child use the toilet daily — the highest ratio by race.

Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
Black or African-American, single race
Fathers who don’t live with their children
Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
DATA: US Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

9 out of 10 young black adults ages 25 to 29 have completed high school or its equivalent — the same ratio as the national average.

■ Among Boston-area universities and colleges, Tufts, Harvard, MIT, Boston College, Boston University, Bentley, Babson, and Emerson graduate at least 8 out of 10 black men enrolled.

School Black Males (%) All Males (%) Total (%)
Babson 94 89 90
Bentley 81 89 90
Boston College 77 90 91
Boston University 78 83 84
Emerson 83 82 81
Harvard 97 97 97
MIT 83 91 93
Tufts 87 90 92
DATA: NCAA.org

■ There are 59% more black men in postsecondary education than jail.

■ Black high school graduates are 3x more likely to be in college or employed than unemployed.

■ Black fathers ages 15 to 44 had the highest rates of helping children with homework and taking them to and from activities of any race.

Fathers who live with their children and helped with homework every day
Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
Fathers who live with their children and took them to and from activities every day
Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
DATA: US Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

6 out of 10 black young adults 25 to 29 (compared to 18 percent in 1971) have at least some college — the same ratio as the national average.

4 out of 5 black fathers living with their children read to them.

Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
Fathers who don’t live with their children
Hispanic or Latino
White, single race
* Figure did not meet standards of reliability or precision

■ Urban public institutions which serve populations from tougher circumstances are known for lower graduation rates. But UMass Boston has gone from 2 out of 10 black men graduating in 2004 to 4 out of 10 in 2010, one of the fastest rises in the nation.

SOURCES: US Census, American Council of Education, US Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The Education Trust, NCAA.org, Pew Social Trends

I also appreciate the fact that when I post something positive on blacks I get attacked and called an asshole because...yanno, I shouldnt do that or something

Forum List

Back