The Poll that you need to watch

I look at the ubiquity of polls as being on the level of psychics. Make enough predictions about the future fate of celebrities and you will get lucky once in a while. Then hype the hits and don't mention the misses.

There is only one poll I care about; the voting booth.

Last edited:
What in particular do you think drives their accuracy and thus credibility ?

It is hard to say right now. I have only been following it for a couple weeks. A guy in my office told me about it and the uncanny accuracy in the past. If you read his methodolgy, it may give you and idea of the factors that he uses. Here is his methodology:

Methodology - NYTimes.com

Agreed.

As we can see the numbers continue to trend toward the president.

Obama: EC votes: 290.8, Romney: 247.2.

And the president’s chances of winning are back above 70 percent, at 70.3.

Most importantly, Obama continues to maintain a lead in Ohio, where the polling average gives the president a 48.2 percent to 45.3 percent advantage over Romney.

Im a huge Obama supporter however, I thought PA was leaning aggressively Romney as of late. This poll has it close to locked up for Obama.

Well, gowwwwwwwleeeee!

RCP composite starts to trend away from Obiedoodle and the fluffers and buttbois need to find a new pollster!

Pathetic. :lol:

I have been watching fivethirtyeight.com for weeks. It is the most balanced and reasonable that I have seen. RCP has been all over the map...and is the only site that gives the EV map to Romney. I think there are sites that show partisanship, but fivethirtyeight.com is not one of them.

You know what poll you need to watch? The one that is done on November 6.

No other polls matters ultimately.

and the is a reason Romney has been gaining momentum. and it isnt because he's going to lose in November:)

Well, gowwwwwwwleeeee!

RCP composite starts to trend away from Obiedoodle and the fluffers and buttbois need to find a new pollster!

If you studied politics and the 2008 and 2010 elections you would now who Nate Silver is. If you are a true fan of baseball you would know who Nate Silver is.

and the is a reason Romney has been gaining momentum. and it isnt because he's going to lose in November:)

Romney doesn't have the Electoral Votes, not now or on Nov 6th.

Well, gowwwwwwwleeeee!

If you studied politics and the 2008 and 2010 elections you would now who Nate Silver is. If you are a true fan of baseball you would know who Nate Silver is.
If you studied the forum for the last several months, the lolberals had been posting links to the RCP composite on a nearly daily basis.

Now that the RCP average is trending toward Romney, they need to find someone else to help them maintain their delusions.

Well, gowwwwwwwleeeee!

If you studied the forum for the last several months, the lolberals had been posting links to the RCP composite on a nearly daily basis.

Now that the RCP average is trending toward Romney, they need to find someone else to help them maintain their delusions.

You seem to study neither. Check out Silver's accuracy.

Romney doesn't have the Electoral Votes, not now or on Nov 6th.

There is one out of many EV maps that show Willard with a lead. Hoooorrraayyyy!!

More from Nate Silver!! Boy Genius!!! He'll hold your liberal hands and sing Kumbya with you as Obama loses!!

6a00d8341c90b153ef0154335e2c81970c-320wi

Seriously, this is your guy? His "uncanny accuracy" was for 1 whole election- he's a one hit wonder. Wow, what a track record!!

How'd he do after 2008? Well in 2010 midterms he was off by 20%...of course he underestimated the number of seats the Republicans would win in both the House and the Senate. He took his silly model to England to try it there- he was WAY WAY WAY off and laughed off the Island......

At any rate, it's all in good fun. Nate Silver is willing to do anything to bolster the hopes of the mindless zombies that Obama calls his "base"..... He knows they'll forgive him next time anyway because "he meant well"......:eusa_whistle:

Nate Silver is a biased hack.. and this has been shown before... While NO small sample poll should be touted like the Bible... RCP at least averages many polls to gain a slightly broader picture

New Topics

Forum List

Back