The politics of Laura and George Bush

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
The former first lady has written a book which I look forward to reading where she states that she supports gay marriage and a woman's right to choice.
Now say what you want about W's politics and term at the helm but I respect greatly a married couple that may differ on certain issues and continues to have such a strong relationship as a married couple. Both of them are to be commended and respected for this. I respect the former President even more on this.
Many men sit back and simply dictate to their wives how and what they should think. Clearly, this is not the case with the former President.

My wife just started reading her book, she loves it so far.

The former first lady has written a book which I look forward to reading where she states that she supports gay marriage and a woman's right to choice.
Now say what you want about W's politics and term at the helm but I respect greatly a married couple that may differ on certain issues and continues to have such a strong relationship as a married couple. Both of them are to be commended and respected for this. I respect the former President even more on this.
Many men sit back and simply dictate to their wives how and what they should think. Clearly, this is not the case with the former President.

Are we sure Bush is anti-gay?

gannon-gate6.gif

Are we sure Bush is anti-gay?

gannon-gate6.gif

I assume your post is in jest as it is funny but Bush was "bushwhacked" by the right wing kooks in his party and the Lush dittoheads just like most all in the GOP these days.
W at one time courted Log Cabin Republicans and had gay couples as guests in the White House on numerous occasions.
He only claimed he was anti gay for political reasons. The dumbass American right wing voting masses believed him.
They will believe anything as long as "family values" is attached to it.

Ahh how refreshing, a Bush praise thread.
I had not seen one of those in a few years.

Something about him not being president any more?

BOOOSH!

What you are saying is Bush LIED about his beliefs at the cost to Americans to get elected by people he did not agree with.

The right has courted the right wing christian nutters to get elected and still had to cheat to win elections.

GREAT

He lied to the American people about war which got Americans killed.

He a liar plain and simple.

Obama will be seen in the light of history as a great president.

Bush will hover amoung the worst.

You really do not understand what has been accomplished in the economy by him in one year do you?

You really do not understand what has been accomplished in the economy by him in one year do you?

I understand that a president has very little effect on an economy in the short term. 18 months is not nearly long enough to view his policy impact on the economy.

Too bad you don't.

Sure we do.
Prolonged the recession by months.
Increased unemployment to near record levels
Increased federal debt to almost unsustainable levels
Destroyed the rule of law in bankruptcy cases with Chrysler and GM
Asserted federal power over private matters like executive pay and hiring and firing.

Wow, quite an accomplishment for someone with zero experience. Color me impressed.

No liberal will ever beseen as a "great President" by producers.
It is real easy to be a liberal President spending other people's $.

10 Charts You Need To See Before The Weekend

take a look at this chart you silly man

So?

<ctrl>F Obama.

Nope. Not in there. Just because the economy is recovering does not mean that Obama did it. Although many who do not take a longer view will give him credit for it.

I don't think we'll see the real impact of his economic policies for at least 4 or 5 years. This most recent downturn is all Clinton/Bush IMO, but it's too soon to say if anything Obama has done is actually helping...or if this is the natural swing of the business cycle. Get back to me in a few years when more data is compiled and we can discuss it then.

No liberal will ever beseen as a "great President" by producers.
It is real easy to be a liberal President spending other people's $.

And yet, it's under Republican Administrations that the deficit always explodes. Odd that.

Forum List

Back