The People of North Carolina Made a Good Choice

You are aware he got in a accident when he was 18 and became a para and the guy that was driving was not hurt and paid him off to a cool 30 million bucks, aren't you.

He is a young rich guy , and of course he is a tramper, he loves low taxes and is in real estate, and they get maga cuts in real estate.

He got a gold spoon from the accident. Why was he napping?? they were returning from Spring Break in Florida. Why did his friend fall asleep at the wheel??

They are Christians so no drinking, Christians I find drink more than teetotalers.

So if you were in an accident, and won a lawsuit you would consider yourself getting a golden spoon? You hit a new low.

I don’t care what the money is being paralyzed for life would not be worth it. No offense however you pretty screwed up in the head to even think that way.

The rest of your post is just hate and bigotry buy a person that someone was paralyzed.

I believe in the real story not the BS on Glen Becks show.

So they guy is not paralyzed? You believe being 20 and getting paralyzed for life is a golden spoon? I don’t care what the story is, you are sick. So, if you were 20, you’d take 30 million to be paralyzed for life? That is really, really, moronic. What else would you do for30 million?

And again, you are a hateful bigot, you have done nothing to change that narrative.

No I believe 30 million is a golden spoon. He was 18 and the driver was 17. They both fell asleep. So who pays?

They were tired from checking Christian churches at the area of Spring Break in Florida.

So would you’d take 30 million to be paralyzed for life at the age of 18?

They both fell asleep? Who was driving? My wife falls asleep on lots of trip we take, what difference does it make when a passenger falls asleep? Are you saying it should be illegal for passengers to sleep in cars? Not sure why a passenger needs to be awake, your hate, bigotry and ignorance is showing again.

You didn't read the article that I posted. He will probably get elected, its a republican stronghold.

I don't care if he gets elected or not, that is not the point. The very idea that you believe a person is handed a Golden Spoon at the age of 18 and is going to be paralyzed for life, is ignorant, bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't take the 30 mill, you said you wouldn't and I'd bet he would give the 30 mill back to have the use of his legs, so it is not a Golden Spoon, not even close. All this is just a cheap jab to make yourself feel better about your ignorance, bigotry and hate.

You are aware he got in a accident when he was 18 and became a para and the guy that was driving was not hurt and paid him off to a cool 30 million bucks, aren't you.

He is a young rich guy , and of course he is a tramper, he loves low taxes and is in real estate, and they get maga cuts in real estate.

He got a gold spoon from the accident. Why was he napping?? they were returning from Spring Break in Florida. Why did his friend fall asleep at the wheel??

They are Christians so no drinking, Christians I find drink more than teetotalers.

He loves low taxes? WTF, get a fricken job and you'd love low taxes too...idiot.

it will be interesting

The youngest woman in Congress is so far left.
The youngest man in Congress is so far right. (assuming he wins)

it will be interesting how they fight or get along!!

I would hope they get along however in this atmosphere, I don't see it, however stranger things have happened.

If Cawthorn’s account of racking up $3 million in medical debt is true, though, he might not have paid it out of pocket. Court records in a complicated (to me) legal battle reveal that his friend Brad Ledford’s car insurance company seemed perfectly willing to pay him and his family $3 million shortly after the 2014 accident (and eventually did). But—in a twist!—the initial $3 million offer apparently wasn’t enough for Cawthorn and his family, who ended up suing not only the car insurance company but Cawthorn’s friend who was driving the vehicle. Cawthorn then got his $3 million from the auto insurance company (which again, the company had offered to him before the lawsuit) and settled with his friend Ledford for a cool $30 million, who then transferred that judgment to him so Cawthorn could sue the insurance company for that same amount. Cawthorn then sued the insurance company again, a case that he lost and then lost again on appeal.

He didn't recover the $30 million. The insurance company paid $3 million, which was below policy limits (or untimely tendered). His friend then assigned his rights to sue the friend's insurance company for exposing the friend to an excess judgment (i.e., a judgment above policy limits, in this case, the $30 million consent judgment), which is known as a "insurer bad faith" suit. My firm handles these cases all the time.

By taking that assignment to sue the insurer in a bad faith suit, you can't come back and try to collect that consent judgment from the friend if you lose the bad faith suit. It's called a covenant not to execute, and it is a standard feature of these cases.

Read your own article. It says very clearly at the end of your post that he lost the bad faith suit against the insurer to recover the $30 million, and he lost the appeal. Hence, the only money he actually recovered was the $3 million settlement, which was subrogated to cover past medical expenses, so it's unlikely he took away more than a couple hundred thousand after attorney's fees and medical liens were paid. Now consider that he also has future medical expenses for the rest of his life as a result of this, which will easily exceed whatever amount he was left with.

You call that a golden spoon? You are one sick puppy, and/or just completely detached from the human experience.

Last edited:

You constantly confirm how stupid you are.

So if you were in an accident, and won a lawsuit you would consider yourself getting a golden spoon? You hit a new low.

I don’t care what the money is being paralyzed for life would not be worth it. No offense however you pretty screwed up in the head to even think that way.

The rest of your post is just hate and bigotry buy a person that someone was paralyzed.

I believe in the real story not the BS on Glen Becks show.

You watch Glenn Beck ?

If Cawthorn’s account of racking up $3 million in medical debt is true, though, he might not have paid it out of pocket. Court records in a complicated (to me) legal battle reveal that his friend Brad Ledford’s car insurance company seemed perfectly willing to pay him and his family $3 million shortly after the 2014 accident (and eventually did). But—in a twist!—the initial $3 million offer apparently wasn’t enough for Cawthorn and his family, who ended up suing not only the car insurance company but Cawthorn’s friend who was driving the vehicle. Cawthorn then got his $3 million from the auto insurance company (which again, the company had offered to him before the lawsuit) and settled with his friend Ledford for a cool $30 million, who then transferred that judgment to him so Cawthorn could sue the insurance company for that same amount. Cawthorn then sued the insurance company again, a case that he lost and then lost again on appeal.

He didn't recover the $30 million. The insurance company paid $3 million, which was below policy limits (or untimely tendered). His friend then assigned his rights to sue the friend's insurance company for exposing the friend to an excess judgment (i.e., a judgment above policy limits, in this case, the $30 million consent judgment), which is known as a "insurer bad faith" suit. My firm handles these cases all the time.

By taking that assignment to sue the insurer in a bad faith suit, you can't come back and try to collect that consent judgment from the friend if you lose the bad faith suit. It's called a covenant not to execute, and it is a standard feature of these cases.

Read your own article. It says very clearly at the end of your post that he lost the bad faith suit against the insurer to recover the $30 million, and he lost the appeal. Hence, the only money he actually recovered was the $3 million settlement, which was subrogated to cover past medical expenses, so it's unlikely he took away more than a couple hundred thousand after attorney's fees and medical liens were paid. Now consider that he also has future medical expenses for the rest of his life as a result of this, which will easily exceed whatever amount he was left with.

You call that a golden spoon? You are one sick puppy, and/or just completely detached from the human experience.

She did what she says about others....

She read the bullshit that fits her fancy and went with it.

Way to shove it up her ass.

Something wrong with low taxes? I live in a rundown old manufactured home on a small piece of land and I absolutely want low taxes. I also want lower property taxes. The damn county keeps jacking up the property taxes for schools, impacting negatively on my fixed income and as the schools these days are only Communist breeding grounds, I will never say yes to more taxes when the voting comes around.

You should put yourself on ignore

Trump backed the other guy but the People made the best choice. He is also a Trumpster

I can’t believe you think a moron who brags about reciting 5 words in a test is going to lead you to the promise land.

Biden could resolve this issue real easy by taking the test, but we all know he's terrified of that.

Trump backed the other guy but the People made the best choice. He is also a Trumpster

I can’t believe you think a moron who brags about reciting 5 words in a test is going to lead you to the promise land.

No one thinks he's going to lead us to the promised land, but he will prevent the looming disaster known as Biden and the Democrat party.

No one thinks he's going to lead us to the promised land, but he will prevent the looming disaster known as Biden and the Democrat party.

'Cause, unlike the Democrats, we don't refer to our candidates as god, Jesus, or the messiah.

Forum List

Back