The Pennsylvania Candidate Freaking Out Both the Left & Right...Doug Mastriano's come-from-nowhere popularity is fusing religion & politics in new way

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Protesters call for removal of Congressman Scott Perry and GOP gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano from November ballot after it is revealed they breached the Capitol on Jan 6...

excerpts:

MERCERSBURG, Pa. — On Memorial Day morning, Doug Mastriano, the retired Army colonel, election conspiracy pusher and, now, Pennsylvania’s Republican nominee for governor, put on his dress military uniform, with his white gloves, saber and golden spurs, and fell in behind the color guard for a small parade here.

Winding through town from an elementary school to a cemetery, he was followed by a black Ram pickup, whose driver aired Christian pop rock through an open window before the marching band picked up. A man along the parade route said to him, “Good luck!” And though Mastriano said at the cemetery it was a day for “no politics,” not long after, when he called into the Wendy Bell Radio program, it plainly was, and had been all along — the uniform, the church, the “days of turmoil and uncertainty” that he’d referenced at the cemetery.

The Democratic Party, Mastriano told the conservative talker, had become “so far left, so radical.” America was “going through dark times.” The Democratic “party machine” and the mainstream media was against him.

What Mastriano had was a “movement.”

His hope, he said, is that “it’s going to be such a great blessing to all people.”

Mastriano told his supporters they were part of a new generation of leaders “raised up” by God. And when people at the patriotic, flag-dotted events he participated in on Memorial Day weekend stopped to talk about him, they fell into religious language quickly, too: “I’m a Christian, and I think we need more of that,” one of them told me. “He represents the restoration of religious liberty,” another said. “Prayer,” a third person said, “can help him win.”

Last edited:
Protesters call for removal of Congressman Scott Perry and GOP gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano from November ballot after it is revealed they breached the Capitol on Jan 6...

excerpts:

MERCERSBURG, Pa. — On Memorial Day morning, Doug Mastriano, the retired Army colonel, election conspiracy pusher and, now, Pennsylvania’s Republican nominee for governor, put on his dress military uniform, with his white gloves, saber and golden spurs, and fell in behind the color guard for a small parade here.

Winding through town from an elementary school to a cemetery, he was followed by a black Ram pickup, whose driver aired Christian pop rock through an open window before the marching band picked up. A man along the parade route said to him, “Good luck!” And though Mastriano said at the cemetery it was a day for “no politics,” not long after, when he called into the Wendy Bell Radio program, it plainly was, and had been all along — the uniform, the church, the “days of turmoil and uncertainty” that he’d referenced at the cemetery.

The Democratic Party, Mastriano told the conservative talker, had become “so far left, so radical.” America was “going through dark times.” The Democratic “party machine” and the mainstream media was against him.

His hope, he said, is that “it’s going to be such a great blessing to all people.”

Mastriano told his supporters they were part of a new generation of leaders “raised up” by God. And when people at the patriotic, flag-dotted events he participated in on Memorial Day weekend stopped to talk about him, they fell into religious language quickly, too: “I’m a Christian, and I think we need more of that,” one of them told me. “He represents the restoration of religious liberty,” another said. “Prayer,” a third person said, “can help him win.”

This is right wing Christian fascism. Mastriano will lose by a large margin for a swing state.

excerpts:

I read your article......he organized buses to go to the capitol......nothing about your claim of him 'breaching the capitol' unless he was driving a Greyhound.

From your article:

Last week, Mastriano shared materials with the Jan. 6 select committee investigating Trump’s effort to overturn the result of the 2020 election, including documents regarding his work to arrange buses carrying pro-Trump protesters to Washington on Jan. 6, 2021.

Forum List

Back