The park and the little biting doggie

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
This started last week at the local park we go walk at. My wife was walking and I stayed in the car because I felt bad. Now both entrances to the park are clearly marked that all pets must be on a leash, but this old man and old woman were walking around and did not have their dog on a leash. It was a small dog so I didn't worry too much about it. Well, no sooner than I thought that the little bastard charged my wife and bit her on the leg! I yelled at the man to put his dog on a leash and he did. Ok, the bite didn't break the skin and we just left.

Let me say that I do NOT like to call the police for anything but after this incident I decided if we saw any more unleashed dogs I was gonna call it in. I've seen too many large aggressive dogs off the leash in this park. My wife and I are are both pretty old and can't get around as well as we used to. This small dog nearly tripped her up also.

Today we go walk and I see the same man and woman walking around
and their dog is not on a leash again. I just watch and as soon as the dog sees my wife he charges her! Barking and yipping and trying to bite my wife! And here comes the woman and she's just laughing about it. My wife pepper sprays the dog and I called the police. Sorry bitch doesn't care if her dog bites anyone. I told her I called the police and she just smiles and thanks me. Well she put the dog on a leash and animal control gets there and can't give them a ticket because the dog is on a leash now. She talks to the people for a long time and then comes over to talk to us. The officer said she's sorry she can't give them a ticket and the city is thinking about prohibiting pets in the park just because of things like this. I told her I should have just gone over and kicked the crap out of the dog but I didn't think of it in time. She said that if an animal endangers you that you can use any force to protect yourself from the animal, and I told her that if it's a big dog I'd have to shoot it.

I sure don't want to do that but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some assholes dog bite my wife and hurt her! Damned sorry people!

Last edited:
This started last week at the local park we go walk at. My wife was walking and I stayed in the car because I felt bad. Now both entrances to the park are clearly marked that all pets must be on a leash, but this old man and old woman were walking around and did not have their dog on a leash. It was a small dog so I didn't worry too much about it. Well, no sooner than I thought that the little bastard charged my wife and bit her on the leg! I yelled at the man to put his dog on a leash and he did. Ok, the bite didn't break the skin and we just left.

Let me say that I do NOT like to call the police for anything but after this incident I decided if we saw any more unleashed dogs I was gonna call it in. I've seen too many large aggressive dogs off the leash in this park. My wife and I are are both pretty old and can't get around as well as we used to. This small dog nearly tripped her up also.

and their dog is not on a leash again. I just watch and as soon as the dog sees my wife he charges her! Barking and yipping and trying to bite my wife! And here comes the woman and she's just laughing about it. My wife pepper sprays the dog and I called the police. Sorry bitch doesn't care if her dog bites anyone. I told her I called the police and she just smiles and thanks me. Well she put the dog on a leash and animal control gets there and can't give them a ticket because the dog is on a leash now. She talks to the people for a long time and then comes over to talk to us. The officer said she's sorry she can't give them a ticket and the city is thinking about prohibiting pets in the park just because of things like this. I told her I should have just gone over and kicked the crap out of the dog but I didn't think of it in time. She said that if an animal endangers you that you can use any force to protect yourself from the animal, and I told her that if it's a big dog I'd have to shoot it.

I sure don't want to do that but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some assholes dog bite my wife and hurt her! Fucking people!
Bear spray is good. 9MM will almost always do the job. If a dog is actually attacking, no need to feel remorse as it is a wasted uncalled for emotion. Never feel guilty for doing what has to be done.

• Banned

I sure don't want to do that but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some assholes dog bite my wife and hurt her! Fucking people!
Bear spray is good. 9MM will almost always do the job. If a dog is actually attacking, no need to feel remorse as it is a wasted uncalled for emotion. Never feel guilty for doing what has to be done.
In that particular case, it's the persons fault, not the dogs.

Time to aim the pepperspray higher....

• Banned

Time to aim the pepperspray higher....
I wish.

I sure don't want to do that but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some assholes dog bite my wife and hurt her! Damned sorry people!
You should have kicked the shit out of the dog. I had a pit bull that wouldnt harm anything his size or smaller and he was extremely well trained. I had a lady with a tiny dog (off the leash) attack him and latched onto his back leg. I stopped and my dog sat at heel and just looked up at me like "why is this little thing on my leg". However, when he sat down he sat on top of the little dog. The woman screamed like my dog was killing her dog and literally said she was going to call the police because I had a vicious dog. I just looked at her and shook my head. We walked off and the little dog was yelping like my dog had bitten him. I wished I had kicked him.

Right. Lack of owner control and training can get a dog killed. BTW, hopefully will not come up, but if so, retain situation awareness of your flanks.

It's never the dogs fault. They are dogs. Always the owners fault. The owner is responsible for everything the dog does. If the dog gets the opportunity to cause harm that opportunity was given by the owner thus they are at fault.

i have three dogs....two over 50 lbs then the shithead....19 lbs...i still dont let him jump on people...he can slip a collar so i have a body harness for him...i never have trouble outta the bigger dogs but the rat terrier lives up to his name...i have 10 acres so if they are unleashed they are unleashed here...my grandmother was diabetic and people always thought it was funny if a little dog ran up to her and jumped on her legs....they didnt have a reamed them a new asshole...a simple cut could kill her....and bringing dogs into the grocery and putting them in the buggy wtf is that...i was always tempted to take a doberman and see how that went over...

Forum List

Back