The Paradox of Police and Property.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
Yet the cops are not paid to protect your property...
We have a Second Amendment. Why do we have security problems in our free States? Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!

Regulate means well practiced and functioning smoothly, as in "well regulated clock".
In the constitution, regulating interstate commerce means to prevent any one state from blocking or slowing it.

The "security problems" we have in our free states come from federal over step, like federal weapons and drug law, that are supposed to be out of federal jurisdiction.

Is a thief more concerned with being arrested by police or being shot by the property owner? What deters him more?

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
Yet the cops are not paid to protect your property...
We have a Second Amendment. Why do we have security problems in our free States? Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!
I have never had to shoot anyone since I carried a Bowie knife in a sheath for years and used it a couple of times....I have tens dogs now, trespass at yer own risk I always say....And I leave the 9mm in the dresser drawer...The cops don't want to come to my place. Cops exist merely as another form of extortion er taxation
Not the point. We should have no security problems in our free States.

No security problems can only exist when there are no humans...
We need Constitutional solutions.

We always had constitutional solutions, but since we have been ignoring the constitutional restrictions on the federal government for over a century, it is our implementations that are at fault.

7. While private property is at the heart of our civilization, and inseparable from prosperity.......what can one expect from the executive power of the state, the police force????

Nothing.....if politically correct individuals are in charge.

For example, the Police Chief of Raleigh, North Carolina.

Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown has a particularly.......odd......view of policing.
She isn't inclined to do it.

At 14:30 “I will not put an officer in harms way to protect the property….”

View attachment 426579

Why shoot anyone over property?
If nothing else, all that blood will ruin the carpeting.

Burglars are rarely armed or any sort of threat.
All you have to do is get them to leave.
Most of them are ignorant teens who don't realize how much risk they are at.
Real criminals don't bother with petty stuff like burglarizing a house.

If you don't care to be shot, refrain from taking someone else's property.

Try to follow the logic therein.

7. While private property is at the heart of our civilization, and inseparable from prosperity.......what can one expect from the executive power of the state, the police force????

Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown has a particularly.......odd......view of policing.

View attachment 346967

You can arrest people for property crimes without risking lives.
Avoiding deadly risks does not mean you don't arrest and prosecute.
It just means you do things more slowly and carefully.
You do not charge in, but instead demand the suspect come out instead.
Waiting them out is safer than leaving cover.

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

Is a thief more concerned with being arrested by police or being shot by the property owner? What deters him more?

A point made, as well, in here:

1607444209672.png

“…will America be made better by curbing religion in the name of secularism, or vice versa?” Ben Shapiro

View attachment 345441
The majority of humans in the USA are religious...duh...Why do you listen to the liars? What is worse is you become the same liars the liars are leading you.

Black-Religion-Denomination-Pie-Chart.jpg

That misses the point.
These many religions have no problem with violence against other religions, so none of the religions work to prevent violence or crime. That 12% who are not religious are likely the least likely to commit violence because they do not have an agenda against others believing in religions.
If you want historical context, think Crusades, Inquisitions, Holocausts, etc.
That was not the point of posting as such, please stay within your own arguments.

The first post just asked with was better, religion or secularism?
You pointed out most people are religious, which did not answer that question at all.
Your post made no point then at all really.

If anyone thinks about it for even a second, it is easy to see that in history, religion has caused far more violence than it has prevented violence.
It was the religious who burned witches at the stake for example, like Joan of Arc was burned.

Obviously thieves are much more concerned about the police.
The owner is a single person and easily tracked to avoid or to kill by surprise.
It is the fact police are so numerous, everywhere, and constantly looking for evidence trails, that are the main deterrent.

View attachment 346967

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

That not only risks ruining the carpeting, but shots go through walls, so you risk your own family, neighbors, etc. And that does not even consider when the intruder is not really a criminal and it is wrong to shoot them at all, such as unexpected relatives, those who just had an accident and need emergency phone use, etc.

Many years ago the HaShomer Jewish guards formed to protect their settlements from Bedouin thieves were ordered not to kill but to chase them away. He came to steal not to murder you so do not kill him were the orders.

View attachment 346967

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

That not only risks ruining the carpeting, but shots go through walls, so you risk your own family, neighbors, etc. And that does not even consider when the intruder is not really a criminal and it is wrong to shoot them at all, such as unexpected relatives, those who just had an accident and need emergency phone use, etc.

Nay, nay....it is you who is at risk when entering uninvited.

I bet you look good in red.

View attachment 346967

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

Shooting a gun in a house, in a crowded neighborhood, is very irresponsible.
There can be times it is necessary, but extremely rare.
You don't just shoot someone because you don't know who they are.
The could be a plumber called by a landlord for an emergency at an unoccupied house, and he got the address wrong.
Even if he as a thief and wanted to steal something, there is no advantage in shooting them if they leave without taking anything.

View attachment 346967

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

The could be a plumber called by a landlord for an emergency at an unoccupied house, and he got the address wrong.
Even if he as a thief and wanted to steal something, there is no advantage in shooting them if they leave without taking anything.

So you believe ( I almost said 'think') that home invasion is 'responsible'?????

"You don't just shoot someone because you don't know who they are."

Someone breaks into your home.....yeah, you do.
Until you're out of ammo.

I don't know how you were raised.....None of my plumbers ever broke it.

"Even if he as a thief and wanted to steal something, there is no advantage in shooting them if they leave without taking anything."
Same for bank robbers?

Your brain is not working as designed. Look into the problem.

Many years ago the HaShomer Jewish guards formed to protect their settlements from Bedouin thieves were ordered not to kill but to chase them away. He came to steal not to murder you so do not kill him were the orders.

How do you know if they were there to kill you?

Sanhedrin 72a-b: If Someone Comes to Kill You Judaism does not subscribe to the idea that one should "turn the other cheek" when attacked. In fact, one important rule taught by the Talmud is ha-ba le-horgekha, hashkem le-horgo - if someone comes planning to kill you, you should hurry to kill him first.

How do you know if they were there to kill you?

Sanhedrin 72a-b: If Someone Comes to Kill You Judaism does not subscribe to the idea that one should "turn the other cheek" when attacked. In fact, one important rule taught by the Talmud is ha-ba le-horgekha, hashkem le-horgo - if someone comes planning to kill you, you should hurry to kill him first.

the HaShomer policy was only kill a thief in the night if you must. In 1967 we struck first. Read King Huesseins book My War With Israel. He tells of the planned attack on Israel from the Arab perspective. So we were justified in attacking. Also in 1981 to prevent Saddam Huessein from building nuclear bomb.

Maybe Mossad is responsible for assasinations in Iran maybe not so but if so it is just since Iran has threatened to destroy us.

View attachment 346967

I'd rather shoot them.

Do drop by after dark.

So you believe ( I almost said 'think') that home invasion is 'responsible'?????

"You don't just shoot someone because you don't know who they are."

Someone breaks into your home.....yeah, you do.
Until you're out of ammo.

I don't know how you were raised.....None of my plumbers ever broke it.

"Even if he as a thief and wanted to steal something, there is no advantage in shooting them if they leave without taking anything."
Same for bank robbers?

Your brain is not working as designed. Look into the problem.

Lives are more valuable than property, but if they took nothing, then shooting them would be the act of a depraved lunatic that enjoyed causing harm.
That person should never be allowed free on the streets, and should instead never be let out of a straight jacket.

Maybe Mossad is responsible for assasinations in Iran maybe not so but if so it is just since Iran has threatened to destroy us.

That is just a lie.
Iran NEVER threatened Israel.
They also could never, because the majority of the people in Israel are Arab Muslims.

Forum List

Back