The painful truth about restraint -Israeli hold down- George Floyd

You don't have to sit on someone's neck to restrain them.

~~~~~~
Obviously you have no experience....
I have a great deal of experience specifically in restraining people and controlling them on the ground. A great deal.
One of the most important aspects of holding a subject down is pinning them in a way that they can't cause themselves any facial damage because facial damage is highly liable in court.

krav maga and BJJ are close but no cigar

I fought in MMA and bounced one of the roughest bars in America... the most important thing is your liability profile post incident and if your subject has a busted lip you might wind up in jail even though you didn't do anything wrong.. that's why making sure they can't hurt their face is one of the most important things you must do in arrest procedures from a purely logistic standpoint

It's terribly entertaining to see how foolish and emotional people are over a subject they know absolutely nothing about

They focus on everything but the logistics LOL

80 percent of BJJ is only for sport
Krav is a good starter system
Mma is the best but it depends on coach

The knee on neck restraint is designed specifically to keep a subject's head under control so they can't bite and spit, spread disease or thrash about causing severe facial injury that heavily complicates arrest procedures and post-arrest legal Fallout

The old "Israeli hold down" has been used for millennia but was popularized after American and international officers learned the technique from Israeli Special Forces and police training materials

In fact the Minneapolis Police even visited Israel where they were trained on the technique

The fact is there is no safe way to restrain an individual for any length of time

Individuals are highly variable as fragile Health and or intoxication/overdose can lead to a bad outcome when someone is restrained

In fact animal science has long understood the phenomena of capture myopathy where a perfectly healthy animal dies from a restraint technique even though it was not abused in any way... simply restrained

The simple fact is there is no safe way to restrain someone and when restraint is entered into it must be accepted that there is no guarantee the individual being restrained will not have a bad outcome

A character like George Floyd would have died if he was restrained with a knee on his ass

If we ban the standard Israeli hold down because a couple drug addicts OD'd and had a bad outcome from that position we will eventually reach the point where it's illegal to restrain someone at all

Someone who has taken a lethal dose of of drugs could die running up a flight of stairs so are we going to ban Pursuit as well?

When someone takes a lethal dose of drugs and resist the police their life is simply a roll of the dice and no one can guarantee their safety under any circumstances... once we take away the standard Israeli hold down we will make police much more liable because subjects will be able to thrash about causing severe facial injury to themselves and this will cause a Litany of severe consequences for both law enforcement and the general community

The notion that an arresting officer should get off someone the moment they go limp is also ridiculous and will lead to numerous officer fatalities because 95% of people who go limp are faking and waiting for their opportunity to violently attack the arresting officer

I believe that the wholesale attack on government law enforcement is motivated largely by actors who want to see the American government atrophy and be replaced by private organizations

There are a lot of private for-profit corporations that would like to run critical Human Services for profit and will take a lot of legal liability off the government because they will be able to fire a few people and simply Rebrand their Police Department over and over

There's also the phenomena of crowdfunding where a fallacious narrative can generate billions of dollars for a criminal and their family even though they were 100% at fault and proved so at trial because the money is already safely in the bank long before the 1st juror is seated

as we slowly take away government law enforcement's ability to protect us life will become more and more difficult, dangerous and unpredictable for the citizens.

Private for-profit corporations like Blackwater mercenaries will be able to swoop in and take over the management of law enforcement departments all over the nation and potentially the world because they will offer a make-believe better system and people in their desperation to find a safe way to deal with dangerous criminals will be putty in their hands

Ultimately the United States will atrophy like the Roman Empire and become part of History...

when the history book is written
I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about the George Floyd situation as one of the Lynch pins of America's ultimate demise

The fact that you took a whole afternoon to write that shit is too fucking funny.

Man, you do dumb good.

Nor do you have to OD on illegal drugs, pass counterfeit bills, resist arrest, or point a gun at a pregnant woman's uterus during a robbery.
Shit happens, though, and the universe has a way of balancing out.

the cops are NOT the cause of these incidents
The cops respond to criminal activity. The suspect can decide whether or not to escalate the situation. Floyd could've stayed calmly in the squad car instead of insisting on a different form of restraint. Poor choices can sometimes prove fatal.

Last edited:

~~~~~~
I have a great deal of experience specifically in restraining people and controlling them on the ground. A great deal.
One of the most important aspects of holding a subject down is pinning them in a way that they can't cause themselves any facial damage because facial damage is highly liable in court.

I fought in MMA and bounced one of the roughest bars in America... the most important thing is your liability profile post incident and if your subject has a busted lip you might wind up in jail even though you didn't do anything wrong.. that's why making sure they can't hurt their face is one of the most important things you must do in arrest procedures from a purely logistic standpoint

It's terribly entertaining to see how foolish and emotional people are over a subject they know absolutely nothing about

At my age I have to depend on my friends Smith and Wesson.....

I have done many but a low level

BJJ is so complex and silly with its infinite guard and half guard games that you need an IQ of 200
To break the guard you can posture up and strike or get super low and strike

~~~~~~

Do you carry a 9mm ??

~~~~~~

Do you carry a 9mm ??

~~~~~
No, just a plain ole .357 j frame revolver. Although I am looking to pick up upa Sig 365.

~~~~~~

Do you carry a 9mm ??

~~~~~
No, just a plain ole .357 j frame revolver. Although I am looking to pick up upa Sig 365.
A .357 would be instant death but I heard of many surviving multiple .38 rounds or 9 mm

yes you do

No, you don't. It seems like more/better training would save police officers a lot of headaches and legal troubles later on. Of course, that's easier said than done.

~~~~~~
Polive officers continue to train more per year than Army soldiers do.
Unk is a giant ignoramus and low life
Why?
and you are a RACIST

~~~~~~

BJJ is really just Judo ground work

its incredibly applicable to real-world arrest procedure where as the Israeli system is literally built from the ground up for urban pacification

The simple Logistics demand that you pin the subjects upper body so they can't thrash around causing themselves facial damage

~~~~~~

Do you carry a 9mm ??

~~~~~
A .357 would be instant death but I heard of many surviving multiple .38 rounds or 9 mm
The CIA research suggests that the 9mm is the king of caliber because it's easy to keep on target.

I've always assumed we'd go to a Centerfire rifle style cartridge in a pistol format one day

Once they privatize the American police they'll all be carrying vectors anyway LOL

In today’s mma : bjj was once the king but now it’s been relegated to the 4th
BJJ lost its way because it was obsessed with the sports format naturally as this is the most profitable exercise any martial art can engage in

I hold multiple black belts but the Tai jitsu format is definitely the king of law enforcement tactics except for the Russian and Israeli systems designed specifically for law enforcement

yes you do

No, you don't. It seems like more/better training would save police officers a lot of headaches and legal troubles later on. Of course, that's easier said than done.

~~~~~~
Why?
and you are a RACIST
If you're just going to repeat your mindless mantra, go sit in the corner, idiot.

......The simple Logistics demand that you pin the subjects upper body so they can't thrash around causing themselves facial damage
If you intend to control someone on the ground for any period of time, you need to account for the hips as well. Hips, shoulders, head. Screw what the idiot may do to his own face. Keep the camera on.

yes you do

~~~~~~
Why?
and you are a RACIST
If you're just going to repeat your mindless mantra, go sit in the corner, idiot.
RACIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Forum List

Back