The PA Governor is asking PA residents to wear masks

I am a life-long Pennsylvanian, and I don't particularly like Governor Wolf, but so what?

His directive was quite clear, however, I interpret it in my own way.

(a) Stay at home, and
(b) Wear a mask when you go out.

So, I go out whenever I feel like it...mainly to get food, drugs, and to exercise (walk, hike, bike). Sometimes I go out just for a ride in my car or motorcycle. But when I go somewhere where I will necessarily be in close proximity with other humans, I wear a mask.

And I consider myself to be in compliance with the Governor's directives.

I'd make a mask out of a bra...maybe panties.

Be obnoxious about it!!! :banana:

When I had to wear a tie...I made a STATEMENT with my ties!

I have my old Nixon mask... does that count?

I am a life-long Pennsylvanian, and I don't particularly like Governor Wolf, but so what?

(a) Stay at home, and

So, I go out whenever I feel like it...mainly to get food, drugs, and to exercise (walk, hike, bike). Sometimes I go out just for a ride in my car or motorcycle. But when I go somewhere where I will necessarily be in close proximity with other humans, I wear a mask.

I don't think masks have much effectiveness in protecting you from others as there is too much air leakage around the edge. The main point in wearing a mask is to catch the aerosol coming out of your mouth if you cough or sneeze. If you don't cough or sneeze or aren't infected, then there is little real point in wearing the mask.

And if the 6' rule helps, why the mask? And if the mask, why the 6' rule? And if these things are really so important, then why weren't they implemented a month ago BEFORE the infection rate was high? It might have kept it from getting so. And they could have set a date and central places where you could get one rather than just announced it and left it up to people to now try to pull one out of their ass now that they are hard to find!

Is this the best our "leadership" can do for us???

Besides, it all kind of a joke anyway-- -- -- anyone with half a brain knows that if someone coughs your way and the aerosol gets in your eye or you touch something then later rub your eye or nose, etc., you'll pick up some virus anyway.

Last edited:

(a) Stay at home, and

Did you read the recent story about the chick in York County who was fined for taking a drive? That's a bit ridiculous.

A mask only does good if the wearer is sick. Otherwise a mask is useless except for one thing. It lets you feel like you are doing something and in control.

My neighbor had a contractor in working on her A/C system. The police came and told the guy to go home. Waited while he packed up his shit and left.

A golf driving range had been open - machine only. No human contact. They were forced by the police to close entirely.

Pretty fucking ridiculous, if you ask me.

Forum List

Back