The Overturning of Roe v Wade

Its just my opinion and expectations, but I doubt that the Supreme Court will overturn Roe vs. Wade anytime soon. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the supreme court allows more restrictions on abortions such as the first 20 weeks of preg. Like it or not, popular public opinion does have an effect on the court. Also, 50 years of precedent has a great effect on the court.

I understand that opinion as it is very realistic.

However, given that the efforts to get the issue back before the courts will continue unabated. . . I have to conclude that it is inevitable that the SCOTUS will one day revisit Roe.

Especially given the conflicts between Roe and the many fetal homicide laws.

It can not be Constitutional for the government to establish a human being in the womb is a "person" in one situation (fetal homicide laws) and at the same time DENY they are a "person" in another situation (abortion laws.)

Sooner or later the SCOTUS will have to be compelled to address that disparity.
A fetus isn’t an independent life. It is a life form within another person. It is literally a part of the mother who is growing the life out of her bodies cells. So by killing a mothers unborn you are killing a piece of the mother. For a mother to have an abortion she is taking a piece of herself by her choice. It is indeed a very sensitive and complicated issue
a prisoner also is not an independent life
Of course they are. They just aren’t free
they aren't independent
Dude, just quit this one. You’re embarrassing yourself
are they independent or dependent?

A fetus isn’t an independent life. It is a life form within another person. It is literally a part of the mother who is growing the life out of her bodies cells. So by killing a mothers unborn you are killing a piece of the mother. For a mother to have an abortion she is taking a piece of herself by her choice. It is indeed a very sensitive and complicated issue

All of those claims are so easily refuted by even an 8th grade biology teacher.

Possibly by the students as well.
I disagree

Under existing fetal homicide laws, How many murders can a person be charged with for killing a pregnant woman?
I don’t know. How many?

I think you are lying to me.
I’m not lying just trying to get you to make your point out a little quicker

Its just my opinion and expectations, but I doubt that the Supreme Court will overturn Roe vs. Wade anytime soon. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the supreme court allows more restrictions on abortions such as the first 20 weeks of preg. Like it or not, popular public opinion does have an effect on the court. Also, 50 years of precedent has a great effect on the court.

However, given that the efforts to get the issue back before the courts will continue unabated. . . I have to conclude that it is inevitable that the SCOTUS will one day revisit Roe.

It can not be Constitutional for the government to establish a human being in the womb is a "person" in one situation (fetal homicide laws) and at the same time DENY they are a "person" in another situation (abortion laws.)

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over

The true believers on the left used to predict the end of the world under nuclear warfare and later the end of the world due to man made global warming. The left wing can't exist unless they are facing a disaster sponsored by the media. Roe is so entrenched in society that it is doubtful that the S.C. will ever take it up but it's a good tool for left wing recruitment these days.

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
answer the fucking question you pathetic piece of shit
are prisoners dependent or independent lives?

I disagree

Under existing fetal homicide laws, How many murders can a person be charged with for killing a pregnant woman?
I don’t know. How many?

The point is that the law already defines and recognizes "children in the womb" in "any stage of development" as separate human beings from their mothers.

Thus there are two or more murder charges possible for someone killing children in the womb, as is determined by how many children there are.

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
They are independent you turd. They can live and breath on their own. They aren’t being grown out of cells inside another fucking human. Seriously how retarded are you?

I disagree

I don’t know. How many?

The point is that the law already defines and recognizes "children in the womb" in "any stage of development" as separate human beings from their mothers.

Thus there are two or more murder charges possible for someone killing children in the womb, as is determined by how many children there are.
That’s interesting. I haven’t read those laws which is why I asked you and didn’t just answer. I wasn’t lying. Do those laws call the fetus a separate independent human life? Or two lives existing in one human?

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
They are independent you turd. They can live and breath on their own. They aren’t being grown out of cells inside another fucking human. Seriously how retarded are you?
no they are not independent because they are dependent on the state

I disagree

I don’t know. How many?

That’s interesting. I haven’t read those laws which is why I asked you and didn’t just answer. I wasn’t lying. Do those laws call the fetus a separate independent human life? Or two lives existing in one human?

You can not murder the same person twice, can you?

Consider, conjoined twins that share a body their entire life.

Are they one person or two?

The laws (I think rightly) say they are two.

This is not rocket surgery.

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
Whatever you say dude. I can’t debate this stupidly. You win. I’m insane

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
Glad you recognized your stupidity there is hope for you

I disagree

I don’t know. How many?

It’s a good question... the differentiating factor being that a mother is literally growing a life in her body and conjoined twins are two independent lives connected to eachother by tissue. There have been twins born where one is a fully formed human and the other are unformed cells in which case the unformed cells are removed. They have a term called a parasitic twin. I don’t believe removing those cells is considered a homicide. Correct me if I’m wrong

they aren't independent
Stop buddy. It’s over
Glad you recognized your stupidity there is hope for you
Yes, outstanding victory. Go grab a cookie and a beer. Job well done

I disagree

I don’t know. How many?

It’s a good question... the differentiating factor being that a mother is literally growing a life in her body and conjoined twins are two independent lives connected to eachother by tissue. There have been twins born where one is a fully formed human and the other are unformed cells in which case the unformed cells are removed. They have a term called a parasitic twin. I don’t believe removing those cells is considered a homicide. Correct me if I’m wrong

Factually, biologically it is what it is.

The laws may not make it criminal (the removal of a parasitic twin.) However, that does not change what it factually IS.

I disagree

I don’t know. How many?

Factually, biologically it is what it is.

The laws may not make it criminal (the removal of a parasitic twin.) However, that does not change what it factually IS.
Well the laws seem to define it in different ways depending on the situation. It is a life, hence the extra homicide charges for killing a pregnant woman. But there is a difference between viable and unviable hence the ethical removal of a parasite twin. Then there is abortion which gives authority to the host mother, with limitations, over what is done with the extra life form that she is growing inside her.

Well the laws seem to define it in different ways depending on the situation. It is a life, hence the extra homicide charges for killing a pregnant woman. But there is a difference between viable and unviable hence the ethical removal of a parasite twin. Then there is abortion which gives authority to the host mother, with limitations, over what is done with the extra life form that she is growing inside her.

I have a whole thread on that.

What did you learn from that discussion?

The poll reflects what I already knew.

I am always open to learning new things. However, as a general rule, I don't normally ask questions about things unless and until I already have a good idea about what the answer is.

The poll reflects what I already knew.

I am always open to learning new things. However, as a general rule, I don't normally ask questions about things unless and until I already have a good idea about what the answer is.
How about details? Do you think it’s constitutional? I you understand the opposition to that argument? Do they make valid points?

Forum List

Back