The other woman: New information comes out about Martin Luther King Jr.'s paramour

More and more it's looking like MLK wasn't the saint everyone has always painted him to be.

By The Conversation | Posted June 29, 2019 at 06:15 AM

In a recent article published in Standpoint Magazine, Pulitzer Prize-winning Martin Luther King Jr. biographer David Garrow details new information about King he discovered in FBI documents. The most damaging is that King may have witnessed – and encouraged – a sexual assault at a Washington, D.C. hotel in January 1964.

Some historians have cautioned against taking too much stock of Garrow’s findings; the FBI, after all, has a well-known track record of trying to undermine the beloved civil rights leader.

But in the ensuing controversy, one aspect of Garrow’s explosive, 7,800-word article has gone largely overlooked.

Garrow publishes content from FBI files noting that a woman named Dorothy Cotton was King’s “constant paramour.” He also details FBI wiretaps from 1964 noting that King’s wife, Coretta, “berated” him “for not spending enough time alone with her.” At the time of the phone call, according to the FBI files, King was with Dorothy at a hideaway apartment in Atlanta. Garrow, at one point in his piece, calls Cotton “the most important woman in King’s life.”

The other woman: New information comes out about Martin Luther King Jr.'s paramour

Interesting, all this muckraking dedication to rumors about a guy who died half a century ago, while Kristin Anderson, Lisa Boyne, E. Jean Carroll, Rachel Crook, Jessica Drake, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, Alva Johnson, Juliet Huddy, Ninni Laaksonen, Jessica Leeds, Temple Taggart McDowell, Mindy McGillivray, Jennifer Murphy, Cassandra Searles, Natasha Stoynoff, Ivana Trump, Karena Virginia and Summer Zervos are all independently just "lying".

Innit.

Partisan hacks. Such cat toys.

A woman just accused Trump of rape last week and folks like this Dick Head OP label her a lying bitch, but he will go after a man who altered the history of America who has been dead for 50yrs. It's a fucking disgrace.
When liberals pay women to accuse republicans of rape not knowing when or where. You have no credibility.

Oh so now they are paying them to make accusations. Smfh.
Well when you don't when or where. What do you call it?

More and more it's looking like MLK wasn't the saint everyone has always painted him to be.

In a recent article published in Standpoint Magazine, Pulitzer Prize-winning Martin Luther King Jr. biographer David Garrow details new information about King he discovered in FBI documents. The most damaging is that King may have witnessed – and encouraged – a sexual assault at a Washington, D.C. hotel in January 1964.

Some historians have cautioned against taking too much stock of Garrow’s findings; the FBI, after all, has a well-known track record of trying to undermine the beloved civil rights leader.

But in the ensuing controversy, one aspect of Garrow’s explosive, 7,800-word article has gone largely overlooked.

Garrow publishes content from FBI files noting that a woman named Dorothy Cotton was King’s “constant paramour.” He also details FBI wiretaps from 1964 noting that King’s wife, Coretta, “berated” him “for not spending enough time alone with her.” At the time of the phone call, according to the FBI files, King was with Dorothy at a hideaway apartment in Atlanta. Garrow, at one point in his piece, calls Cotton “the most important woman in King’s life.”

Interesting, all this muckraking dedication to rumors about a guy who died half a century ago, while Kristin Anderson, Lisa Boyne, E. Jean Carroll, Rachel Crook, Jessica Drake, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, Alva Johnson, Juliet Huddy, Ninni Laaksonen, Jessica Leeds, Temple Taggart McDowell, Mindy McGillivray, Jennifer Murphy, Cassandra Searles, Natasha Stoynoff, Ivana Trump, Karena Virginia and Summer Zervos are all independently just "lying".

Innit.

A woman just accused Trump of rape last week and folks like this Dick Head OP label her a lying bitch, but he will go after a man who altered the history of America who has been dead for 50yrs. It's a fucking disgrace.
It bothers you! King was supposed to be a man of God. Just like those priests. And King had something to go home to. Those priests were verbally butchered by the likes of you and the Progs and others. You don't like religion anyhow. This shows you that men can be frauds. It smells doesn't it? So are you judging King by the color of his skin or the content of his character? But then again what he was is what exists in the poverty areas today. Do you deny it? You won the prize. Wrongs corrected that needed to be. And yet it is mayhem in those areas. Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, decade after decade.....A whole system devised on making a currency out of the the system set up to help others live and get out of poverty. Sort of a fiat currency carved out of a fiat currency.

I guess that sounded good to you when you thought about posting it.

Innit.

When liberals pay women to accuse republicans of rape not knowing when or where. You have no credibility.

One thing I feel in my spiritual gut, one is sitting at the right of Christ and the other when its his time, unless he repents and I don't see that happening, will fry like a nugget in hell, along with Mitch and the rest of these racist nuts who constantly validate and rubber stamp this monster.
If you support abortion, you will see the devil when you die. Sorry.

Innit.

You should be mad at your own Lefty Brothers, Brutha. They are the ones who specialize in digging up old dirt and trying to make it relevant. Based on that same standard you have only yourselves to blame if ghosts from the past that happen to be true pop up and smear reputations that are important to you.

What would Christine Blasey Ford say about Dr. King's treatment of women?

Jo

The same folks who hated Dr. King when he was alive are the same dick heads who hate him today and try to do anything they can to tarnish his image. Dr. King has a federal holiday in his name, you assholes should think about that the next King Holiday you are enjoying when your off from work.
Actually I think King did a great thing, but the way liberals ruin reputations on republicans. It's only fair that your guys get the same.

…..but, but, but you dickheads claim Dr. King was a republican.
But, but, but I don't care who the dickhead is. Take him out, by liberal standards King is a God even though he was a Republican. So you okay if he raped a couple of women?

Innit.

One thing I feel in my spiritual gut, one is sitting at the right of Christ and the other when its his time, unless he repents and I don't see that happening, will fry like a nugget in hell, along with Mitch and the rest of these racist nuts who constantly validate and rubber stamp this monster.
I feel sorry for you pogo to think like that.

Innit.

No such thing as "the devil".

That's exactly why I put a "funneh" on it.

OH SHIT IT'S ------------- da debbil!! :dev3: :rofl:
onoz-omg.gif

OK everybody... anthropomorphize the unknown on three, ready.... one... two... :eek-52:

We is even up. I feel sorry for you having to believe in monsters under the bed. :itsok:

Unfortunately when you die, you will figure out. You're a liar.

That's exactly why I put a "funneh" on it.

OH SHIT IT'S ------------- da debbil!! :dev3: :rofl:
onoz-omg.gif

OK everybody... anthropomorphize the unknown on three, ready.... one... two... :eek-52:

We is even up. I feel sorry for you having to believe in monsters under the bed. :itsok:
It's a God above, the monster under your bed. Unfortunately will be YOUR reality one day.

Why the fuck do cities keep renaming certain streets Micheal King BLVDs is fucking pathetic. Blacks and Browns will not behave in a less savage manner as a result of this patronizing bullshit. If streets in crime ridden cities were renamed Andrew Jackson Street, the savages might behave. Andrew Jackson, as many of you know, did not give a fuck about savage behavior, he simply eradicated it.

You should be mad at your own Lefty Brothers, Brutha. They are the ones who specialize in digging up old dirt and trying to make it relevant. Based on that same standard you have only yourselves to blame if ghosts from the past that happen to be true pop up and smear reputations that are important to you.

What would Christine Blasey Ford say about Dr. King's treatment of women?

Jo

The same folks who hated Dr. King when he was alive are the same dick heads who hate him today and try to do anything they can to tarnish his image. Dr. King has a federal holiday in his name, you assholes should think about that the next King Holiday you are enjoying when your off from work.
Actually I think King did a great thing, but the way liberals ruin reputations on republicans. It's only fair that your guys get the same.

…..but, but, but you dickheads claim Dr. King was a republican.
But, but, but I don't care who the dickhead is. Take him out, by liberal standards King is a God even though he was a Republican. So you okay if he raped a couple of women?

Dr. King never claimed to be a republican, that is right wing bullshit. I don't know about liberals, but to me Dr. King was a man who sacrificed his life for the good of ALL Americans. Just because you try to smear his name and claim he raped a couple of women doesn't make it so.

When they find proof of the secret trips MLK made to Cape Girardeau to pass the torch of civil rights to the young Maha Rushdie, that will be when his statues will be toppled over.

Forum List

Back