The Oscars are no longer relevant.

From now on the Academy won't consider a movie for an Oscar unless there's a specified diversity in their cast.

This is absolute insanity folks:

View attachment 387658 Well Fuck Hollywood. They are dead to me. Good TV shows are all but gone and I can't tell you the last time I saw a new movie that was any good, in fact, I haven't bothered to see a new movie or go to the theater in YEARS! Nor do I bother paying for HBO or any of that crap. Not worth it, besides, I don't need it.

You can do far better for FREE just getting ME-TV and other channels over the air showing re-runs of GOOD TV programming and movies from the past!
Totally agree! I've become addicted to Turner Classic Movies, Flix, Me-TV and C-SPAN. I'm watching The Lion Hunters on TCM right now. Talk about diversity!
A couple of my favorite shows on TV are The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.
Both have gay actors.....but they don't rub it in your face.
Modern Family has a Gay couple that is hilarious, and the way they show their relationship is both funny and charming.
That's the way you win people over.....not by washing the viewers' faces with your brand of sex.

I would add that when The Orville managed to appear on TV, they had a "gay couple," one was an alien "Bortus" who was a bridge officer and his male companion. In the show, their race is all male (no females), but they act like a gay couple, fight constantly, and are the funniest thing on the show.

Forum List

Back