The Orthopedic gave me a new diagnoses for chronic F up back

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Basivertebral nerve in the vertebral body.

The nerves that are driving me NUTS are on the actual Vetbrae body

My facet joints are good. The Damaged disk is causing Edema and the build up is killing my nerves on the Vertebrae body.

The Doctor said in years past I would be shit out of luck.

Luckily that god there is new new procedure out now but I have to pay CASH
I could get it in Jan

With my crum dumb luck the procedure wont work.
I have zero optimism these days

PT really helped me greatly in 2021
In last June is when it was bad

How much "cash". If you have nerve ablation it could regrow in a year, rinse and repeat. Better than constant pain...if you can afford it.

How much "cash". If you have nerve ablation it could regrow in a year, rinse and repeat. Better than constant pain...if you can afford it.
This is like a nerve ablasion but its a new procedure as the nerves are on the Vet body now.
IT grows back in 2 years as Ablasion grows back in 9 months or so

around 15 G

It wont be 100 percent

But If I get only 50 I would be happy

Basivertebral nerve in the vertebral body.

The nerves that are driving me NUTS are on the actual Vetbrae body

My facet joints are good. The Damaged disk is causing Edema and the build up is killing my nerves on the Vertebrae body.

The Doctor said in years past I would be shit out of luck.

Luckily that god there is new new procedure out now but I have to pay CASH
I could get it in Jan
I had a blood vessel get twisted that was putting pressure on my spinal cord at the T-12, and I was losing my ability to walk. Thankfully there is a procedure now a days that allows you to operate that close to the spinal cord (there was still a chance of nicking it, and paralysis) but thankfully that didn't happen. The doc got in there and resectioned the blood vessel without damaging the spinal cord. This was in 2012, and he said 10 years previous, he couldn't have done it.

The bad news is he did a shitload of nerve damage in getting to the blood vessel, which has led to loss of feeling in my foot. I was not warned of this, just of being so close to the spinal cord, and having it nicked. Ask your surgeon what kind of nerve damage will result from surgery.

Forum List

Back