The opioid crisis: A 20-year conspiracy against patients

The Medication isn't the problem....people need to take responsibility for their actions.
Our huge omnipresent government has the FDA that is supposed to protect the American people from dangerous drugs. Clearly this isn’t working. The FDA protects big pharma.

Blaming the patient who often is following doctors orders, is dumb. These drugs can hook some people after one dose. They aren’t safe.

The Medication isn't the problem....people need to take responsibility for their actions.
Our huge omnipresent government has the FDA that is supposed to protect the American people from dangerous drugs. Clearly this isn’t working. The FDA protects big pharma.

Blaming the patient who often is following doctors orders, is dumb. These drugs can hook some people after one dose. They aren’t safe.

Bullshit...I have been prescribed those pills and they are not hooking people unless they crush and snort them.

Bullshit...I have been prescribed those pills and they are not hooking people unless they crush and snort them.
Get the F out of here. 400,000 Americans have died from opiates the past 20 years.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Get the F out of here. 400,000 Americans have died from opiates the past 20 years.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

I think a lot of people who die from opiates aren't using legally prescribed opioids. We've had people in our region who know how to cook up their own "China White" and sometimes they don't cut it right. I don't think Perdue can be blamed for that, can they?

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

People die every day you retard

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

And you love the killing, no doubt.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Oh yes I love it.....:trolls:

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

If you make a product that kills 400,000 people, don’t you think you ought to be in prison?

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Probably the biggest way the opioids kill people is by clogging up their systems. I was listening to the radio, and a tremendous doctor, Michael Pinkus, was on the air. He explained when they did the autopsy on the Duke back in 1977, they found 41 pounds of fecal matter stuck in his gut.

Couple of reasons for this. John Wayne had a highly carnivorous diet, which moves through your system more slowly. And the 2nd reason is that the Duke was suffering from cancer and on heavy duty opioids which slowed down his system.

He got clogged up and then expired.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

If you make a product that kills 400,000 people, don’t you think you ought to be in prison?

Not really. Mainly because most of those who died were not using the product according to the instructions on the label.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Not really. Mainly because most of those who died were not using the product according to the instructions on the label.
You are so full of shit. Many people were hooked by their doctors. Wake the fuck up!

You are so full of shit. Many people were hooked by their doctors. Wake the fuck up!

If someone was hooked by their doctor, what does the manufacturer have to do with it?

They are at least two people removed, as it was the good folks at CVS who actually sold the dope and the doc who wrote the script.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Cars killed twice that many in 20 years....wanna ban those too?
Do stupid things win stupid prizes...it's called 'dope' for a reason.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

That’s absurd.

They made a product that they knew was deadly and could cause immediate addiction in some people. Then they flooded pharmacies across the country to addict as many people as they could, while making huge profits. They lied to the FDA about the dangers of these drugs. Yet, you think this similar to car accidents.

Have you lost your mind? Please get informed.

I'm almost shocked (with an emphasis on almost) how many people posting on this thread know nothing about the cause of the opioid epidemic or what addiction even means.

If you want to know what addiction is I encourage you to stop eating altogether. You know longer have access to food. Your body starts to demand that you feed it. The hungrier you become the more your body demands that you find a way to eat. Each day that goes by your body and mind is becoming crazed and obsessed with the need and desire to eat. You will eventually reach a point that you will do ANYTHING to feed your body.

Now consider that process is amplified and accelerated 100X and within a couple hours every single day.

The drug manufacturers lied about the research results. They knew the drug was highly addictive. They lied to regulators, they lied to doctors and they lied to the public.

The FDA is also culpable and have acknowledged their role by not doing their diligence.

The doctors have acknowledged their role in this epidemic

The manufacturers intentionally manipulated data to hide the result of the addiction and even encouraged it through marketing.

This is a tragedy and its not done yet. It will most likely impact every family in America eventually.

I'm almost shocked (with an emphasis on almost) how many people posting on this thread know nothing about the cause of the opioid epidemic or what addiction even means.

If you want to know what addiction is I encourage you to stop eating altogether. You know longer have access to food. Your body starts to demand that you feed it. The hungrier you become the more your body demands that you find a way to eat. Each day that goes by your body and mind is becoming crazed and obsessed with the need and desire to eat. You will eventually reach a point that you will do ANYTHING to feed your body.

Now consider that process is amplified and accelerated 100X and within a couple hours every single day.

The drug manufacturers lied about the research results. They knew the drug was highly addictive. They lied to regulators, they lied to doctors and they lied to the public.

The FDA is also culpable and have acknowledged their role by not doing their diligence.

The doctors have acknowledged their role in this epidemic

The manufacturers intentionally manipulated data to hide the result of the addiction and even encouraged it through marketing.

This is a tragedy and its not done yet. It will most likely impact every family in America eventually.
It is surprising the number of ignorant uninformed responses in this thread. I don’t know how this is possible, when the facts have been readily exposed. You outlined them nicely.

IMO the Sackler family that got fabulously rich off of OxyContin, should have all their wealth confiscated and those family members involved in the business imprisoned. They are no different from a murderous cartel drug king. They have much in common with El Chapo and Pablo Escobar.

Now they seek bankruptcy protection to protect their wealth. What total bull shit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...es-special-protection-sackler-family-fortune/

That’s absurd.

They made a product that they knew was deadly and could cause immediate addiction in some people. Then they flooded pharmacies across the country to addict as many people as they could, while making huge profits. They lied to the FDA about the dangers of these drugs. Yet, you think this similar to car accidents.

Some cars can go 200 mph...deadly for me and you if you happen to be on the road.
All the ads are always about 'freedom' and 'fun'.
40,000 per year on average. Killed in these death machines...every year.

That’s absurd.

Some cars can go 200 mph...deadly for me and you if you happen to be on the road.
All the ads are always about 'freedom' and 'fun'.
40,000 per year on average. Killed in these death machines...every year.
LMFAO!

Is your last name Sackler?

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Probably the biggest way the opioids kill people is by clogging up their systems. I was listening to the radio, and a tremendous doctor, Michael Pinkus, was on the air. He explained when they did the autopsy on the Duke back in 1977, they found 41 pounds of fecal matter stuck in his gut.

Couple of reasons for this. John Wayne had a highly carnivorous diet, which moves through your system more slowly. And the 2nd reason is that the Duke was suffering from cancer and on heavy duty opioids which slowed down his system.

He got clogged up and then expired.

I can attest to that.
I'm on my 4th bottle of 40 after my hip replacement and diarrhea is definitely not a problem!! Part of it is the dehydration that comes with taking em,I'm up every two hours at night to take a leak. But thats still better than being up all night from the pain I suppose.

Personally I dont see how you'd get addicted to the things,I've never felt the euphoria some people say they get from em.

On the plus side the doc said it's time to ditch the walker and go with a cane,on the downside my hardwood floors are fucked from the damn walker.

That’s absurd.

Honest Docs wont prescribe them to the point of addiction.
Mine told me today that the last bottle of a lower dose is my last bottle.
I told him no worries here and is there a substitute that doesnt make me piss like a racehorse and shit like a rabbit.

Forum List

Back