The Only Thing About OWS I Find Even Vaguely Understandable

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Okay, these folks have me convinced that they're mostly just a bunch of whackjobs. Here's the blurb from Wiki:

The participants of the events are mainly protesting against social and economic inequality, corporate greed, and the influence of corporate money and lobbyists on government, among other concerns.[10][11] Adbusters states that, "Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America."

So what are they gonna do? Pass laws that people can't get TOO rich? Will we have statutes against emotions / character flaws?
"The citizens shall not be jealous, sentimental or greedy..." WTF?

The only thing I can understand is the concern about corporate influence and lobbyists. Hell, I can even agree that's bad for our government.

I wonder. Will it also apply to unions?

Okay, these folks have me convinced that they're mostly just a bunch of whackjobs. Here's the blurb from Wiki:

The participants of the events are mainly protesting against social and economic inequality, corporate greed, and the influence of corporate money and lobbyists on government, among other concerns.[10][11] Adbusters states that, "Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America."

So what are they gonna do? Pass laws that people can't get TOO rich? Will we have statutes against emotions / character flaws?

The only thing I can understand is the concern about corporate influence and lobbyists. Hell, I can even agree that's bad for our government.

Pass a law putting a ceiling on how much wealth greedy Americans can amass? Not likely. This is the US of A, where money has more value than ideals, morals, principles and sometimes even life

What should become law, however, is making the wholesale outsourcing of American jobs a criminal offense. That might slow down America's gluttonous appetite for attaining more and more wealth a tiny bit. The upside, some Americans would go back to work. As for diminishing Daddy Warbucks treasure chest, well since America doesn't work for $5.00 a day perhaps it could..

But even that might be too late to stop the damage already done to us by us. Nothing is built or manufactured here anymore. Our once prosperous steel mills and foundries are silent and cold. While in pursuit of the almighty dollar, which isn't worth $.50, we let everything that once made us the most envied nation slip away.

It has never been Government's function to create private sector jobs or keep the nation employed. The only jobs government generates are government jobs and there are more than enough of those already. And even if corporate America were to have a sudden epiphany causing them to give a fat rat's ass about about the situation, would they be able to effectively find new needs. Jobs fill a need. Where no need exists there is no need for a job.

And finally, IMHO, there is something off-kilter, sinister and decidedly unhealthy about anyone who can't ever get enough money. What floors me is that these a**holes insatiable greed is defended as if it defined who we are. Perhaps it is. If so, God help us. But I'm not sure He can do anything or for that matter would.

Last edited:

I wonder why these people were not supporting the TEA Parties.

I wonder why these people were not supporting the TEA Parties.
Because to bite the hand of government would be to bite the hand they belive is supposed to feed them.

The criticism of the wall street protesters is another example of the right wing in America showing their true colors. Freedom is a word they use constantly in defending wrongs, but if regular people exercise their freedom, no longer does freedom mean freedom. It shows clearly why the ideology driven right wing fails when given the reigns of governance, they simply cannot act in ways that work for America, as they are stuck to slogans and empty words. Without instructions from right wing radio and corporate think tanks, the right wing is lost and unable to perform. As I have noted many times they fail in power, they have no concrete accomplishments, and out of power do the only thing they can do, scapegoat and whine and whine and whine. Whine on wingnuts, whine on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

Quick aside:

"Winner of the Whackjob Post So Far: USArmyRetired (Palin Supporter: I'm sorry, but the experiment at having a negro as president has failed. We don't need to do it again. We need to stick with presidential tradition of having a white in power of the most powerful office on earth.":l

Just so you know. This is an example of how libs work. They send out posters to make you hate a potential candidate.

They swarm boards attempting to portray themselves as supporters of certain candidate to make joe six pack hate their guts. .:lol: worked in 2006 and 2008 but the news finally is old and we can turn it around without the likes of the morons like McCain who run around apologizing for every conservative breath you take.

Seriously, if you ever go to Team Sarah, you will not find one racist pig there like your winner.

Oh and most importantly, take a look at your winners post. Think about the fact that Sarah is married and totally in love with her husband who is Yu'pik.

This is how the libs screw up. They can't help themselves but go over the line. Too funny.:eusa_angel:

The criticism of the wall street protesters is another example of the right wing in America showing their true colors. Freedom is a word they use constantly in defending wrongs, but if regular people exercise their freedom, no longer does freedom mean freedom. It shows clearly why the ideology driven right wing fails when given the reigns of governance, they simply cannot act in ways that work for America, as they are stuck to slogans and empty words. Without instructions from right wing radio and corporate think tanks, the right wing is lost and unable to perform. As I have noted many times they fail in power, they have no concrete accomplishments, and out of power do the only thing they can do, scapegoat and whine and whine and whine. Whine on wingnuts, whine on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

hehehehe

only in America can left wing nutbars bitch about obesity and poverty in the same breath.

Now to your point that the right wing is lost and unable to perform. Bite me. We just kicked left wing ass all over the place in the last election.

What part of the bitch had to give her gavel over to our side didn't you get? :lol: I know for me, I couldn't give a rats ass about the Presidential race. I want the Senate. That's the game now.

If Obama still remains in power, I want his nuts in a vice so hard he screams daily. I want the Congress and the Senate. Trust me. It's going to happen.:eusa_angel:

800 arrests and counting but the right are the "wingnuts"? lol only in America.

What wrongs? Our republic is working precisely as designed. Now these protesters are bordering on insurrection. Sit on your butts whine until dark. Disrupt commerce and you will be arrested or put down. You see our governments have unlimited power in putting down insurrections so you guys better get your message together quick.

hehehehe

only in America can left wing nutbars bitch about obesity and poverty in the same breath.

Are you truly that clueless? Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?

Well, there should be lots of time to tend a garden for their own veggies since uncle sam hasn't provided a living for them. I know it takes a bit of effort so likely not a viable option.

hehehehe

Are you truly that clueless? Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?

Who is forcing you to eat at McDonalds? That's right... no one. Grow a fucking spine. If you need someone to make your life choices, fine. Find a life coach.... we just don't need to elect them to look after the rest of us. We don't need it.

Idiot.

hehehehe

The homecooked meal if items are purchased in bulk and on sale. Added bonus: you can cook more than you need and freeze it for future meals. But admittedly, one would have to get off their drive-thru butt and actually 'do it themselves'.

So what are they gonna do? Pass laws that people can't get TOO rich?

I fail to see how the above question follows from your WIKI description.

Will we have statutes against emotions / character flaws?

Utopians (and these people appear to me to be of that ilk) typically expect human nature to change in order for their schemes to work.

Of course.

If we stop pretending that corporations are beings with rights, that would apply to all corporations, including unions.

Practically speaking, however, I cannot see how we can ever get money out of politics.

Certainly we cannot if we continue to essantially have the same election processes.

So what are they gonna do? Pass laws that people can't get TOO rich?

Well, it has been done before and when it was done, it was followed by the longest period of growth for the Middle Class in U.S. History. FDR put a maximum wage into place in 1942 and it stayed there in some form or another until the 80s.

Remember the 80s? It wasn't all about parachute pants and Madonna...there was also "Trickle Down". I remember both. Parachute pants worked out much better.

Yes, it will. Unlike so-called conservatives, that only seem to want to get Union money out of politics, liberals want to get ALL the money out.

If I could write the amendment, I would allow individual donations only in the Primary and those would be capped at $100 and would be 100% transparent. General Elections would be publicly funded and all debates broadcast on public television, not on corporate television.

Also in my perfect political world, no campaign commercials could hide behind names like "Americans for freedom and other empty platitudes". 100% transparency there as well. I want to know whether it is Soros or the Kochs and all their little Koch suckers supporting this candidate or issue.

If anyone wants to buy off a politician, they are going to have to do it illegally and under the table...where they can get caught and put in jail...not on the House floor.

LiveLeak.com - Boehner Hands Out Lobbyist Checks on House floor for subsidy vote

hehehehe

Well, there should be lots of time to tend a garden for their own veggies since uncle sam hasn't provided a living for them. I know it takes a bit of effort so likely not a viable option.

Grow a garden where?

Have you ever witnessed poverty?

Please help me understand your thinking. Is it really your belief that all poor people are just lazy "welfare queens in Cadillacs" that don't want to work?

Do you realize that for every ONE job out there, that there are FOUR people looking for it?

You wondered how there could be poverty and obesity at the same time and I explained, quite clearly, how that can happen.

hehehehe

Who is forcing you to eat at McDonalds? That's right... no one. Grow a fucking spine. If you need someone to make your life choices, fine. Find a life coach.... we just don't need to elect them to look after the rest of us. We don't need it.

Idiot.

In your haste to live up to your self ascribed "bitch" label, you didn't follow the thread. Funny how that makes ME an idiot.

Tinybrain was wondering how you can be poor and obese and I explained how.

Forum List

Back