The only hope

You mean this all loving compassionate god is punishing people for the sins someone else committed

And why does any god consider knowledge a sin?
1. Knowledge is not considered a sin. Mankind wanted to know both good and evil. God warned against wanting this knowledge, but didn't forbid it. He did lay out some of the consequences that were in front of us if we wished to gain the knowledge of both good and evil. We would miss the mark of doing good (sin) in this journey.

2. God is not punishing people for the sins someone else committed. What someone else does, affects us. The story of Adam and Eve is the story of mankind, not two individuals. We all want to learn both good and evil.

1. Knowledge is not considered a sin. Mankind wanted to know both good and evil. God warned against wanting this knowledge, but didn't forbid it. He did lay out some of the consequences that were in front of us if we wished to gain the knowledge of both good and evil. We would miss the mark of doing good (sin) in this journey.

2. God is not punishing people for the sins someone else committed. What someone else does, affects us. The story of Adam and Eve is the story of mankind, not two individuals. We all want to learn both good and evil.
He didn't forbid it but yet he punished anyway

That’s why I said “save one.”
Tell me with all the “Gods” there are, how do you know yours is the only true God?
It is a matter of looking at the Way of life that comes from God. His Laws and Ways have proven true in my life; therefore I follow that Truth. I imagine Hindus do the same. Neither of us are atheists in any sense of the word.

Semantics
Doubtful. When someone jumps off a roof and breaks a few bones, is that punishment or consequences? Contrast that to a child who deliberately smashes a vase and is sent to his room. Punishment. The vase didn't send him to his room, someone outside the vase and the boy sent him to his room.

We can be precise in word usage without it being "semantics".

Doubtful. When someone jumps off a roof and breaks a few bones, is that punishment or consequences? Contrast that to a child who deliberately smashes a vase and is sent to his room. Punishment. The vase didn't send him to his room, someone outside the vase and the boy sent him to his room.

We can be precise in word usage without it being "semantics".
When someone does something and gets sentenced to eternal damnation that's punishment.

So you are judged and condemned by a Bible Verse? Does it call you by name? (Psst, there also lots of verses about eternal life.) Stop condemning yourself. Jesus said we are the salt of the earth, the light of the world. Start there.

how does eternal punishment contradict eternal life?

One must live for all of eternity to be punished eternally no?

how does eternal punishment contradict eternal life?

One must live for all of eternity to be punished eternally no?
I am not that concerned about life after death. Taking a look at the original languages there is a connotation that it is the fire is eternal. Being cast into an eternal fire has a different connotation from being there for all eternity. Fire also is used to signify purification. In other words, the purification fire is eternal, no one needs worry about it going out before they have a chance of purification. Trying to read the Bible from a modern 21st century cultural perspective in the language we use today, doesn't always give us the precise rendition of the original. Therefore, I don't worry about what comes after. I am still working on what is best for today.

So god created Satan to abuse the creations he supposedly loves then promises a kingdom of love without Satan

Why not just do that from the very beginning?

The being who became satan was a very powerful angel being. He rebelled. And lied to Eve to get her to eat what was forbidden. So now we have this heartless world. I for one am sick to the core looking at it everyday. Come Jesus.

The being who became satan was a very powerful angel being. He rebelled. And lied to Eve to get her to eat what was forbidden. So now we have this heartless world. I for one am sick to the core looking at it everyday. Come Jesus.
Still created by god.

Satan could have just as easily been smote him as he did so many other people he created but instead he chose to let Satan wreak havoc among his children.

It's not unlike allowing a pedophile free access to your own children.

Still created by god.

Satan could have just as easily been smote him as he did so many other people he created but instead he chose to let Satan wreak havoc among his children.

It's not unlike allowing a pedophile free access to your own children.

Those children chose with their free will to rebel as well. God handed all of them, free of charge, everlasting life, never sick or going without. The rebellion in Eden chose this system. It is almost done. We are at the end of these last days. Those who know God, knows he had no choice but to allow this. Once its done God promised it will never occur again. People will be living by love, not profit or pleasure.
It was a direct challenge in front of all creation to Gods universal soveriegnty, So once and for all time it is being proven that God is correct.
I dont want to know bad, just looking at this world daily is ripping my heart apart.

Those children chose with their free will to rebel as well. God handed all of them, free of charge, everlasting life, never sick or going without. The rebellion in Eden chose this system. It is almost done. We are at the end of these last days. Those who know God, knows he had no choice but to allow this. Once its done God promised it will never occur again. People will be living by love, not profit or pleasure.
It was a direct challenge in front of all creation to Gods universal soveriegnty, So once and for all time it is being proven that God is correct.
I dont want to know bad, just looking at this world daily is ripping my heart apart.
That everlasting life was never free. One had to obey god without question to get it.

And no one knows any gods.

That everlasting life was never free. One had to obey god without question to get it.

And no one knows any gods.

God advises his creation of the best path for lasting happiness. It benefits us and all around us as well. Like he says no cheating on ones mate--Is he correct??? Yes is my answer. He is always correct. He sees it all. We see our little existence and a little news. God makes decisions that are best for all for all time. No mortal knows what that is like.
The most valuable possession of any creation is life given to us free of charge. All were given free will to choose to listen to God or rebel.

God advises his creation of the best path for lasting happiness. It benefits us and all around us as well. Like he says no cheating on ones mate--Is he correct??? Yes is my answer. He is always correct. He sees it all. We see our little existence and a little news. God makes decisions that are best for all for all time. No mortal knows what that is like.
The most valuable possession of any creation is life given to us free of charge. All were given free will to choose to listen to God or rebel.
So those are the only 2 options?

Listen and obey or rebel?

You certainly have placed a limit on yourself

So those are the only 2 options?

Listen and obey or rebel?

You certainly have placed a limit on yourself

There couldnt be any other options. God didnt want robots, he wanted us to choose with our free will to listen to him. Over 99% have not listened to him very much all through history. Its a very sad world we live in. Its almost done.

Forum List

Back