f8
1/60
200 ISO
Aperture Priority
Tripod

View attachment 60825

The moon with Venus attending.
/—-/ Love my D90
I liked mine a lot also. I traded it in on a Used D7000 with only 600 miles on it! It is different to say the least and it took me a while to get used to the differences. I can use higher ISO speeds without any degradation of the images and they are more sharp. I also started using back button focus which I recommend.

Here's an image that shows just how sharp the images can be.

View attachment 220274
/——-/ I set my quality at RAW. Telling the D90 to shoot raw is very simple; you just select one of the rawoptions from the Quality menu that you saw in Chapter 6. After all the JPEG options, you'll find the raw options. Raw tells the camera to save a raw file, while Raw + Fine, Normal, and Basic tell the camera to save a raw file and a JPEG file. You can then enlarge them for a bill board with no loss of sharpness raw setting nikon d90 - Google Search

A thread for the pictures where the photographer just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

To start it off; Kingfisher kissing...

perfect-kingfisher-dive-photo-wildlife-photography-alan-mcfayden-311.jpg

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher
A high speed camera would have saved him a lot of time.

yeah, but thats like fishing with dynamite. takes all the challenge out of it

Feb, 2015.
Early morn
NIkon D90
55-300 mm lens @ 300
f8
1/60
200 ISO
Aperture Priority
Tripod

View attachment 60825

The moon with Venus attending.
/—-/ Love my D90
I liked mine a lot also. I traded it in on a Used D7000 with only 600 miles on it! It is different to say the least and it took me a while to get used to the differences. I can use higher ISO speeds without any degradation of the images and they are more sharp. I also started using back button focus which I recommend.

Here's an image that shows just how sharp the images can be.

View attachment 220274
/——-/ I set my quality at RAW. Telling the D90 to shoot raw is very simple; you just select one of the rawoptions from the Quality menu that you saw in Chapter 6. After all the JPEG options, you'll find the raw options. Raw tells the camera to save a raw file, while Raw + Fine, Normal, and Basic tell the camera to save a raw file and a JPEG file. You can then enlarge them for a bill board with no loss of sharpness raw setting nikon d90 - Google Search
I did it for a while, but saw no real difference in RAW or FINE JPEG. But I didn't blow them up that much. I just have a 32 inch monitor, and they look good on it. Unless I screw up. That's one reason I decided to use the back button focus thing. Too many times I would have a shot ready to take and I would let go of the shutter button and would inadvertently move the camera a little and when I pressed the shutter button to shoot the picture it would refocus and sometimes wouldn't be focused on what I had originally wanted. But I miss the D90. I was totally used to it. While this D7000 is excellent it is so different that for a while I thought about getting a my D90 back.

A thread for the pictures where the photographer just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher
That's really hard to believe. I had my D90 for 7 years and only took about 16000 images.
/—-/ I took a photography class at the community college and a student said she takes at least 1,000 photos a day to get a few perfect shots. I started with film and a Cannon FTB and an Argus rangefinder. I processed my own film and we were taught to set up each shot with care. Out of 36 exposure i’d Get at least 20 decent shots. Very little waste.

That's really hard to believe. I had my D90 for 7 years and only took about 16000 images.
/—-/ I took a photography class at the community college and a student said she takes at least 1,000 photos a day to get a few perfect shots. I started with film and a Cannon FTB and an Argus rangefinder. I processed my own film and we were taught to set up each shot with care. Out of 36 exposure i’d Get at least 20 decent shots. Very little waste.
I started with some old Canon film camera. Had the dark room stuff too. I took a lot of pictures back then.

I started with some old Canon film camera. Had the dark room stuff too. I took a lot of pictures back then.
/—-/ I switched to slides. It was the trend till digital took over

I still have a few hundred old slides I took. After about 1985 I quit messing with it all until around 2001 or 2002.

I still have a few hundred old slides I took. After about 1985 I quit messing with it all until around 2001 or 2002.
/——/ I couldn’t get a replacement bulb for my slide projector. I may have them digitized

/——/ I couldn’t get a replacement bulb for my slide projector. I may have them digitized
I was going to do it but just didn't. But I have scanned most all the old prints I have. Some of them are pretty good and some, well, they just suck!

Digital is so much easier and the gratification or sadness is instant! ;) This was taken just over the Virginia state line from Tennessee,one of my favorite shots.

daisies.jpg

Not a pro shot.
But I think a cool one at the old bridge just south of 7 mile bridge near Marathon Key, Fl. I took a couple weeks ago...
20190224_180309.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back