CDZ The ONE Gun Law that Would Reduce School Shootings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
I am FULL Libertarian on the Bill of Rights and freedom/liberty in this country. But MAYBE NOW -- after seeing the MOST COMMON thing between these recent school school shooting tragedies is the 18 to 21 ages of MOST of the shooters. You cannot purchase a handgun until 21. That's standing law. The right to own and carry firearms IS an individual right divorced from the "militia" concept by SCOTUS law -- BUT -- a militia wouldn't ACCEPT most of these school shooters and neither should we. And if they DID -- they'd have invested in FIXING the mental clarity required to carry a firearm into battle.

And as much as it PAINS ME TO ADMIT THIS -- I dont think kids are maturing as fast as they USED to. They dont live in the real world for more than 4 or 6 hours a day. Clearly, a significant majority of these kids shooting up schools are not mature enough to make decisions to take a life because they haven't learned the value of REAL ACTUAL life because of time spent in the virtual world and gaming.

SO -- I fully back raising the age for purchase/possession of rifles with clips/magazines to 21.

It's one thing to have a kid steal a gun or illegally purchase a weapon to act on his intentions of killing other children, but a whole other matter if an immature kid with observed and recorded mental issues is found to have LEGALLY purchased the weapons and tools required to shoot up a school. So while we're at it -- toss in the body armor and other tactical gear that school shooter select for their criminal acts.

We ALL KNOW that the vast majority of school shooter fall into this age bracket. And we ALL KNOW that most of these had interactions with parents, law enforcement, school officials, friends that suggest mental instability but were not pursued to the point of excluding them from the privilege of getting a background check on their firearms purchase request. We could stop a significant number of these events. I'm estimating from memory that there's been at least 5 major school and OTHER locations mass shootings where the kid legally PURCHASED the weapon(s) in the past 10 years. In the past WEEK -- we've had this happen in the Buffalo grocery shooting AND now in Uvalde. In both cases, the sirens of immaturity and mental instability were blasting LOUDLY.

I'm not generalizing to ALL kids in this age bracket. Some are flying airplanes, driving commercial trucks, or volunteering in our military forces at those ages. The vast majority is not the concern here. Just like it is in the adult population.

MERGING THIS INTO EXISTING THREAD.. Didn't see the earlier threads on the question.

Merged the existing ones here ---

Last edited:
I will follow as close as I can... I'm not convinced...

I will follow as close as I can... I'm not convinced...

Found 2 other threads with the same idea in politics. Merged them here:

And closed this one. Bad moderator... :spank:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back