The old testament.

I guess I am just finding out who you are, and the word ‘impressive’ does not come to mind. You asked for evidence for God. I provided two modern day miracles witnessed and documented ---- 1) in 1968 in Zeitoun, Egypt where over the course of about 20 evenings more than 250,000 Egyptians saw the Virgin Mary walking and floating above a cathedral dome, including photographs that somewhat veiled her. 2) Fatima, Portugal when on July 13, 1917 three little children who the Virgin Mary keeps appearing to tell the villagers she said she will perform a great miracle on October 13th for all to see so all will know her words are from God. And it happens in front of 70,000 eye witnesses on that Exact Day!! And what is your “scholarly” response to all of this? >>> “What a load of rubbish.”

The irony of that response is unavoidable considering you first said this to me >>> “I challenge you and every person on earth to provide irrefutable evidence which can be asserted… I'm very good at this so be warned and wear a seat belt. It gets tougher from here on.”

LOL. Who are you kidding? You have nothing.

Another quote of yours >>> “There is no heaven or he'll and you have no evidence there is. Those people who supposed to have witnessed miracles, etc.? What a load of rubbish. You have been conned by very old trick.”

Oh? What trick is that, Colin? So far you have been short on specifics.

You again >>> “You believe in immaculate conception and virgin births etc but dismiss my view as false.”

I am not dismissing your view, I am providing evidence for the supernatural. But since you have not told me your view I will tell you what it is ---- You believe if you stare at a lump of coal long enough, one day it will turn into a little baby boy, all by pure chance and dumb luck. And you and Richard Dawson call that “science?” (see anecdote below) I have no misconceptions this will alter yours or anyone else’s views. I just think you deserve to be told directly that you fool no one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

“the illusion of design and planning.” -- right. That’s not science, Richard… that’s agenda.

The fact you believe in miracles doesn't surprise me. Most godbotherers will grab any event just justify their silly beliefs
Do you find it strange that at all these miraculous events, no God was ever seen?
What was this wonderful event performed in Portugal? Did God feel someone from a disease?
Explain it in detail.

It's the same when the Catholics want someone to be beatified towards sainthood. Surprise surprise they always find some obscure miracle that no one had ever witnessed. How did I know that?

There is no God and never has been. All your miracles etc equate to nothing but delusional. Trickery and conjuring by fraudulent charlatans always ready to take your money.

Sorry. I'm not fooled by that rubbish

The fact you believe in miracles doesn't surprise me. Most godbotherers will grab any event just justify their silly beliefs
Do you find it strange that at all these miraculous events, no God was ever seen?
What was this wonderful event performed in Portugal? Did God feel someone from a disease?
Explain it in detail.

It's the same when the Catholics want someone to be beatified towards sainthood. Surprise surprise they always find some obscure miracle that no one had ever witnessed. How did I know that?

There is no God and never has been. All your miracles etc equate to nothing but delusional. Trickery and conjuring by fraudulent charlatans always ready to take your money.

Sorry. I'm not fooled by that rubbish

Forget it. You tap dance around anything you have no answers for. I cannot take you seriously. Hope it all ends well for you.

Forget it. You tap dance around anything you have no answers for. I cannot take you seriously. Hope it all ends well for you.

I can u derstan you wanting to exit the debate when the best is turned up. You had nothing ftom the beginning and got lessons.

Dont threaten people with you suggestion I will come to a sticky end because I'm an atheist. You gave no knowledge of anything in that regard. Just more chin wagging directly from your silly bible.

The God of the old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:jealous and proud if it; a petty unjust unforgiving control freak, a conductive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, a misogynist, a homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, meglomanical, masochistic, capricious bully.

Robert Sherman once asked George Bush snr. Whether he recognised the citizenship and patriotism of atheists.
He said "no, I don't know they should be considered citizens nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under god"

This is what George washington and John Adams said and signed in 1797.
"AS the government of the United States is not founded on the Christian religion, it is declared by the parties that no religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption to the harmony"

That's not what a lot of people believe.
The " gods " of the Old Testament were many. The fact that Christianity used the Old Testament as a foundation to build their god upon only proves how very " human " the religion is.

Forum List

Back