The old "Frivolous Lawsuit" meme.

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
It started back when Ronald Reagan introduced the American public to the lady who spilled coffee in her lap and sued McDonalds. Despite the Gipper's incredulity, the coffee really WAS hotter than it needed to be. It melted the lady's pants and caused burns that required extensive skin grafts.

In another case from the 80's that got some media attention, a recent college graduate without health insurance was hit by a falling tree while jogging on a windy day. He sued the wealthy property owner and the owner's tree service, and the case was settled for millions of dollars. But the accident left him needing extensive medical attention, and he ended up confined to a wheelchair for life. It had caused physical pain, mental anguish and physical impairment, as well as the reduced capacity to work and earn money. What other recourse did he have but to sue?

So what you're saying is that if we had universal healthcare, there wouldn't be as many frivolous law suits? Perfectly logical.

Sure, could be. But that wouldn't account for the "physical pain, mental anguish and physical impairment, as well as the reduced capacity to work and earn money"

I mean, I'm sure that everyone can see that there are other things besides economic losses that demand compensation, right?

I bet the conservatives felt that the poor man left in a wheelchair should have paid his medical bills himself because he should have been insured.

Right, righties?

I bet the conservatives felt that the poor man left in a wheelchair should have paid his medical bills himself because he should have been insured.

Right, righties?
You know who's the king of frivolous lawsuits? Trump

Forum List

Back