The Obesity Epidemic

It seems that you have arbitrarily decided what 'God's perfect will' is. Not a good idea.

The most recent biblical instruction regarding eating meat suggests that it is ok unless it offends another or if your conscience bothers you about eating it. This in regard to meats (which includes actual flesh) offered to idols (and later sold in the marketplace).

Today we freely eat meat raised for our consumption that has not been offered to idols. So, no one should be offended, and our consciences should be ok.

Additionally, and very importantly, we are in the NT church age, and we are also in the time period of the conferring of the "blessings of Abraham" upon our nation. These God-given blessings have historically included great agricultural wealth, including magnitudes of "flocks and herds" of animals; the land "flowing with milk and honey". The agricultural wealth of America is unprecedented in world history, along with the other aspects of wealth, power, and influence.

Oh, so you think I made up Genesis 1:29-30? And I also made up the prophetic scriptures regarding the future world of peace and non-violence, such as Isaiah 11:6-9? I didn't make up those things, it's in the bible, in black and white.

In Genesis 1 God Himself stated a number of times after creating this world and life (and after He gave all of creation a plant-based diet) that it was "very good." (Genesis 1:31).

It doesn't say those words after God gave us over to our sinful hardened hearts, when He permitted flesh to be eaten in some circumstances. It only says, "it was very good" in the beginning, which was God's intent for mankind.

So it's not "arbitrary" to say that God's perfect will is a world of peace and harmony, love, non-violence, eating things that were designed to be food (not things that scream in fear and horror)..... when HE HIMSELF clearly stated it was "very good" and it is generally accepted among all Christians that God's perfect will is how things will be in the new Heaven and Earth, which is similar to how things were in the pre-fall world.

Oh, so you think I made up Genesis 1:29-30? And I also made up the prophetic scriptures regarding the future world of peace and non-violence, such as Isaiah 11:6-9? I didn't make up those things, it's in the bible, in black and white.

In Genesis 1 God Himself stated a number of times after creating this world and life (and after He gave all of creation a plant-based diet) that it was "very good." (Genesis 1:31).

It doesn't say those words after God gave us over to our sinful hardened hearts, when He permitted flesh to be eaten in some circumstances. It only says, "it was very good" in the beginning, which was God's intent for mankind.

So it's not "arbitrary" to say that God's perfect will is a world of peace and harmony, love, non-violence, eating things that were designed to be food (not things that scream in fear and horror)..... when HE HIMSELF clearly stated it was "very good" and it is generally accepted among all Christians that God's perfect will is how things will be in the new Heaven and Earth, which is similar to how things were in the pre-fall world.
Adam and Eve were naked and not ashamed as well. How do you deal with that? ;)

If everyone went 'Garden of Eden' vegan civilization would collapse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back