The Obama effect continues...No 'special relationship' between Britain and US: MPs

The great divider strikes again, as the Brits no longer think that something that was said for over 60 years is relivent anymore.

No 'special relationship' between Britain and US: MPs

President Barack Obama's administration was taking a "more pragmatic tone" towards Britain than had been the case for some previous US administrations.

I guess Gordo didn't like those DVDs Barry gave him.

This president certainly has a nack for foreign relations, uniting and working well with others, and all around bonding with nations doesn't he? :lol: Well at least with Cuba, Venezuela........THEIR leaders approve of him............and of course his inner circle he surrounds himself with...etc.

I am not amused, he,Obama, is working FOR US........right?

oh well, cut yer losses,, I figured our special relationship was down the drain when the UK realeased the lockerbie bomber.

But he's tight with other Arabs

obama-bow.jpg

It's hard to take anything seriously that is posted on a rightwingloon's blog.

But I suppose we should give the wingnut credit for including the real problem.

In the report itself, the committee of members of parliament said there were "many lessons to be learned" from Britain's approach to the United States over the 2003 Iraq war.
Then premier Tony Blair stood shoulder-to-shoulder with president George W. Bush over the invasion despite a lack of wider international support.
"The perception that the British government was a subservient 'poodle' to the US administration leading up to the period of the invasion of Iraq and its aftermath is widespread both among the British public and overseas," it said.
"This perception, whatever its relation to reality, is deeply damaging to the reputation and interests of the UK."

Bribart isn't a 'blog'.

You really have become quit the spinner lately Rav, I guess all our protests are indeed making you nervous.

Good.

Very good.

In the report itself, the committee of members of parliament said there were "many lessons to be learned" from Britain's approach to the United States over the 2003 Iraq war.
Then premier Tony Blair stood shoulder-to-shoulder with president George W. Bush over the invasion despite a lack of wider international support.
"The perception that the British government was a subservient 'poodle' to the US administration leading up to the period of the invasion of Iraq and its aftermath is widespread both among the British public and overseas," it said.
"This perception, whatever its relation to reality, is deeply damaging to the reputation and interests of the UK."

News aggregator =/= blog.

AFP is wingnut?

Well, they are French, so I'll give you that one.

Bribart isn't a 'blog'.

You really have become quit the spinner lately Rav, I guess all our protests are indeed making you nervous.

Good.

Very good.
Oh, my bad. I suppose it was the prominent links to BigGovernment and BigHollywood that threw me off.

:rolleyes:

ass over rode yer circuits again huh? :eusa_hand:

The great divider strikes again, as the Brits no longer think that something that was said for over 60 years is relivent anymore.

President Barack Obama's administration was taking a "more pragmatic tone" towards Britain than had been the case for some previous US administrations.

Yeah, and no special realtionship exists between the Bank of England (the FED's largest initial investor) and the US Federal Reserve, either, right?

Why its almost as though the same elite running this nation, ALSO run England (note I did not say the UK?)

Obama seems to make a mess of everything he touches. He returned the desk that Victoria gave the U.S. Now this.
And his outreach to Iran, No.Korea, and Venezuala have produced nothing but jokes for those dictators.
In three years the next president will be spending time explaining how the Obama years were an aberration.

Bribart isn't a 'blog'.

Good.

Very good.
Oh, my bad. I suppose it was the prominent links to BigGovernment and BigHollywood that threw me off.

:rolleyes:
You shouldn't allow yourself to be so easily distracted, but it does explain the Barry support.

I have no idea whether this is a right wing blog or not, but the piece seems factual and even handed.

Way to miss the point. There was a very telling anecdote about Blair's attitude towards Bush just before the invasion of Iraq. Blair thought that he could use the "special relationship" to control Bush. This is where this is coming from, it has nothing to do with Obama.

The Brits fucked up when they thought they could nudge the Bush Administration on the basis of the historical relationship. Now they're going for "pragmatism". Good move.

It seems that Barak Hussein didn't apologize to the world for America enough.

Maybe he needs to send the Queen a new set of DVDs of his speeches?

The Obama effect continues... continued...

Power Line - President Obama finally generates bi-partisanship

327 members of the U.S. House of Representatives -- three quarters of that body -- have signed a letter expressing concern about "the highly publicized tensions" in US-Israeli relations. The letter leaves unsaid that President Obama has contributed mightily to both the tensions and their publicity, but that fact is almost too obvious to require recitation. The letter was addressed to Secretary of State Clinton, another major contributor to the problems it cites.

The 327 signatures reportedly were collected in just three days, so perhaps there were even more to be had. The important thing, though, was to send the letter quickly and thus to convey to the Israeli government and people that Congress overwhelmingly rejects Obama's strident approach to relations with Israel and expects the administration's differences with Israel to be smoothed over "quietly, in trust and confidence, as befits longstanding strategic allies."

Re-u-nit-ed and it feels so gooood. :razz:

Way to miss the point. There was a very telling anecdote about Blair's attitude towards Bush just before the invasion of Iraq. Blair thought that he could use the "special relationship" to control Bush. This is where this is coming from, it has nothing to do with Obama.

The Brits fucked up when they thought they could nudge the Bush Administration on the basis of the historical relationship. Now they're going for "pragmatism". Good move.

What a disappointing post. :eusa_hand:

There I was, enjoying all the crushingly funny jibes at Obama, and you have to go and post something astute and grounded in reality. How can anyone seriously address any current event without laying the blame for everything at Obama's door, irrespective of all historical influences? You even-handed hack!

Fortunately, your comments were a drop in the ocean, and I'm relieved to see we've got straight back to the DVD jokes without even missing a beat. That's more like it! :lol:

Obama Works to Repair America's Image in the World
Smiles and handshakes are a start, but Obama's real challenge will be to show results

By Thomas Omestad
Posted May 5, 2009
The few "Yankee Go Home" signs that greet him abroad seem almost an afterthought, and when he enters a room of world leaders, he is the most sought-after man for a photo op and a handshake. Such is the star power that has swirled around Barack Obama on his initial foreign travels as the U.S. president.

Forum List

Back