The NYT's Bill Keller: All Bush's Fault

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(And of course, its also those e-e-e-evil Republicans. As my sister in law is fond of saying "The Republicans hate him because he's black!"
Reply: "But he was elected president because he was black!"
Sister in law: "Its all the Republicans fault!"

Talking to her is sort of reminiscent to listeing to that video production interviewing Obama voters after the 2008 election "How Obama Got Elected". Same with any Democrat.)

"By BILL KELLER

Published: September 18, 2011

Just a few winters ago my wife and I took our daughters to witness the inauguration of a man who had campaigned on hope and embodied possibility. We are pretty immune to political euphoria, but, circulating among the footsore pilgrims, we could imagine our country had embraced the idea that we were all in this together. When the newly sworn-in president congratulated us all on choosing unity of purpose over recriminations and worn-out dogmas, we wanted to believe that we had done exactly that.

Inaugurations, of course, are ceremonial ephemera. After the “Ask not” comes the Bay of Pigs. After the 60-plus approval rating comes the 9-plus unemployment rate. But it is worth pondering how we got from that day to this partisan clamor, how we lost that sense of common cause, and how it became a consensus of the commentariat that Barack Obama is in serious danger of being a one-term president.

The decline in Obama’s political fortunes, the Great Disappointment, can be attributed to four main factors: the intractable legacy bequeathed by George W. Bush; Republican resistance amounting to sabotage; ..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/opinion/filling-in-the-blanks.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1&ref=opinion

For your viewing and listening pleasure:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8]How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

blame-18524889352.jpeg

You can't have 2 wars and a tax cut at the same time and expect to be prosperous. Obama is doing little to stop it outside of winding down the wars but letting the tax cuts alone will continue to be a burden because we continue to pay a percentage of the war cost well after the gunfire has stopped.

Forum List

Back