The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

...So why people refuse to accept that most of the nation would have died fighting against hopeless odds rather than surrender, I have no idea.
You have no idea because you don't really understand the culture, then or now. You are obviously stuck in manga-boy level of simple-minded generalisms. You are also obviously ignorant of the history of the period.

...Yea, what Japan wanted was the same as what it accepted. .....
Yes, that's right. The only term insisted upon as a deal-breaker was the retention of the emperor. Guess what Truman agreed to after incinerating hundreds of thousands of civilians anyway?

...give us the exact text and reference to such a statement by anybody of importance in the Japanese Government where they made it known to others they were willing to give up.
Read the whole thread, lazy dog.

...And no, FDR did not "reject"...
He most certainly did. Have some self-respect and drop the fucking hero-worship. That blood-thirsty, racist, arrogant son of a bitch is not worth it.

MacArthur penned a 40-page letter to fdr himself outlining the peace overtures that he personally had learned of. This was even before Yalta. The scumbag fdr tossed it aside saying “MacArthur is our greatest general and our poorest politician.” Human life - of American servicemen or civilians anywhere - meant nothing more to him than a political game piece.

...And no, FDR did not "reject"...
He most certainly did. Have some self-respect and drop the fucking hero-worship. That blood-thirsty, racist, arrogant son of a bitch is not worth it.

MacArthur penned a 40-page letter to fdr himself outlining the peace overtures that he personally had learned of. This was even before Yalta. The scumbag fdr tossed it aside saying “MacArthur is our greatest general and our poorest politician.” Human life - of American servicemen or civilians anywhere - meant nothing more to him than a political game piece.

And yet no link to this letter ever.

"Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "

"William Leahy, President Truman’s Chief of Staff, wrote in his 1950 memoir I Was There that “the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.… in being the first to use it, we…adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.” "

"The Soviet attack changed all that," Charman said. "The leadership in Tokyo realized they had no hope now, and in that sense August Storm did have a greater effect on the Japanese decision to surrender than the dropping of the A-bombs."
The only problem with that often repeated quote is that the Japanese did not surrender.
The problem with your comment is that you fail to realize that Joe doesn't give a shit about actual history. All he cares about is trying to rewrite and then convincing people to believe is insane bullshit.

"William Leahy, President Truman’s Chief of Staff, wrote in his 1950 memoir I Was There that “the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.…
Bwahahahahaha! "Ready". They didn't surrender, you limp-wristed beta male. You just can't comprehend that all males aren't submissive pussies like you. Japan didn't surrender. And they weren't going to. Until we dropped the bomb on their ass.

"Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "

Retired Marine Corps Sergeant? There's a strategical expert for sure.

Japan was worse than the Nazis, with their sort of weird racist imperial worship of a man god. And don't forget to mention special UNIT 731. Or the rape of Nanking. The mass murders and atrocities the Japanese committed. Lets not forget that America tried to stop them by embargoing them and that's why the Japanese choose to attack us on December 7th 1941. Japan allied itself with the Fascists, so don't feel so sorry for Japan every August 6th. Its is regrettable, its sad. But it is on the Japanese, its karma. It's like that tsunami in 2011 and that weirdly karmic Fukushima nuclear meltdown thing. I wish them well..

Last edited:

Retired Marine Corps Sergeant? There's a strategical expert for sure.
How about Dwight D Eisenhower? How about Admiral William Leahy?

Forum List

Back