The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

We were perfectly right in nuking Nagasaki...my only regret is that we didn’t dust Tokyo on the way back.
I would not go that far

the japs were not bad people underneath the bushido bs and I’m glad we didnt kill more than we had to
Hind sight is 20/20 but one wonders if we could have avoided the battle of Iwo Jima which was just a few months before. We lost thousands of men there.

We could have avoided that battle, but fdr didn’t want to.

Bullshit.
there are plenty of historians who disagree with the ones you offer
American military commanders of that time recognized the unnecessary, immoral nature of the weapon that truman used to slaughter civilians just as fdr wanted. MacArthur informed fdr in significant detail before the Yalta Conference that overtures to surrender were being proffered, but fdr ordered him to ignore them. This is well before Okinawa. The scumbag fdr wanted blood and he would have it; American as well as Japanese.
MacArthur was a general not a diplomat

and a good general too in my opinion

but planning for the biggest invasion in history was still going on up until the japanese surrendered

and that didnt come till after the bombs were dropped

We were perfectly right in nuking Nagasaki...my only regret is that we didn’t dust Tokyo on the way back.

You regret that MORE civilians weren’t killed?
I regret that so many Americans were killed. Do you?

Don’t answer a question with a question. I’ll be happy to answer yours after you answer mine.

Sorry to have painted you into a corner like that.

Are you afraid to answer my question? I'm not afraid to answer yours.

Its a BS question. No I don’t want more civilians killed. But killing them ultimately brought the war to an end quicker. So nuking the shit out of the Japs [sic]—who started it—was a good thing.

You're contradicting yourself.

nope.

nuking those cities brought the war to an end. that’s a good thing. Thinking the japs [sic] may have given up sooner had we dusted Tokyo is a logical [sic].

The war was near its end regardless of the bomb, we didn't have any more than those two at the moment anyway, and your bloodthirsty glee at the prospect of incinerating even more civilian women and children is utterly UN-AMERICAN. The war could have ended without killing hundreds of thousands more women, children, and the elderly (AND American servicemen); could have ended much sooner if fdr hadn't insisted on killing those civilians. Military leaders of that day recognized this. You are just trying to puff your chest out vicariously because you are personally weak and utterly bankrupt morally. Your character is just as filthy as your fellow democrat abortion-lovers.

I would not go that far

the japs were not bad people underneath the bushido bs and I’m glad we didnt kill more than we had to
Hind sight is 20/20 but one wonders if we could have avoided the battle of Iwo Jima which was just a few months before. We lost thousands of men there.

Bullshit.
American military commanders of that time recognized the unnecessary, immoral nature of the weapon that truman used to slaughter civilians just as fdr wanted. MacArthur informed fdr in significant detail before the Yalta Conference that overtures to surrender were being proffered, but fdr ordered him to ignore them. This is well before Okinawa. The scumbag fdr wanted blood and he would have it; American as well as Japanese.

Your imagination is running away with you.

Amazingly, despite all of that, the japs in the field were not surrendering at all.

:eusa_think:

Don’t answer a question with a question. I’ll be happy to answer yours after you answer mine.

Its a BS question. No I don’t want more civilians killed. But killing them ultimately brought the war to an end quicker. So nuking the shit out of the Japs [sic]—who started it—was a good thing.

nope.

nuking those cities brought the war to an end. that’s a good thing. Thinking the japs [sic] may have given up sooner had we dusted Tokyo is a logical [sic].

The war was near its end regardless of the bomb, we didn't have any more than those two at the moment anyway, and your bloodthirsty glee at the prospect of incinerating even more civilian women and children is utterly UN-AMERICAN. The war could have ended without killing hundreds of thousands more women, children, and the elderly (AND American servicemen); could have ended much sooner if fdr hadn't insisted on killing those civilians. Military leaders of that day recognized this. You are just trying to puff your chest out vicariously because you are personally weak and utterly bankrupt morally. Your character is just as filthy as your fellow democrat abortion-lovers.

Strangely, 4 months before we nuked the Japs your surrender happy Japanese killedthousands of Americans at Iwo Jima. ARe you dishonest, ignorant, or both?

PS: fuck you

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

I have provided documentation.

nope.

Strangely, 4 months before we nuked the Japs [sic] your surrender happy Japanese killedthousands of Americans at Iwo Jima. .....

Don't ever use the word "logic" again, you idiot.

nope.

Strangely, 4 months before we nuked the Japs [sic] your surrender happy Japanese killedthousands of Americans at Iwo Jima. .....

If the japs wanted to surrender, they would have. That’s logic shit brains.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

Your cherry picked nonsense is as silly as you are full of shit

nope.

If the japs [sic] wanted to surrender, they would have. That’s logic shit brains.

No it's not, dimwit.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

Your ignorance is your own fault.

"Take, for example, Admiral William Leahy, White House chief of staff and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the war. Leahy wrote in his 1950 memoirs that "the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender." Moreover, Leahy continued, "in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children." "

"President Dwight Eisenhower, the Allied commander in Europe during World War II, recalled in 1963, as he did on several other occasions, that he had opposed using the atomic bomb on Japan during a July 1945 meeting with Secretary of War Henry Stimson: "I told him I was against it on two counts. First, the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing. Second, I hated to see our country be the first to use such a weapon." "

"Admiral William "Bull" Halsey, the tough and outspoken commander of the U.S. Third Fleet, which participated in the American offensive against the Japanese home islands in the final months of the war, publicly stated in 1946 that "the first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment." The Japanese, he noted, had "put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before" the bomb was used. "

"Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "

"Doug Dowd, a Pacific-theater rescue pilot who was slated to take an early part in the invasion of Japan if it had come to that, recently stated that it was clear in the final months of the war that the Japanese "had lost the ability to defend themselves." American planes "met little, and then virtually no resistance," Dowd recalled. He added, "It is well-known [now] that the Japanese were seeking to make a peace agreement well before Hiroshima." "

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

Amazingly, despite all of that, the japs in the field were not surrendering at all.

:eusa_think:
Or at least not until they heard their emperors voice announcing surrender

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

You mean opinion

historians disagree with each other all the time

and yours are definite WAYOUT outfielders

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

You mean opinion

I mean documentation.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

You mean opinion

I mean documentation.
No thats a crackpot historians opinion

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

You mean opinion

I mean documentation.
No thats a crackpot historians opinion
A source is not an opinion.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.
Again for the slow and STUPID, all Japan offered was a ceasefire, return to 41 start lines and no concessions in China. The Government records PROVE that your claim is bullshit.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

NO, you have provided opinions, no actual documents support your idiotic claims or you would produce them, you have opinions after the fact by people NOT in the know of the strategic picture in the Pacific. A historians opinion with out ACTUAL documents to back that opinion is worthless and that's all you have. The Government records CLEARLY show what was and was not said by the Japanese Government.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

Your ignorance is your own fault.

If the japs wanted to surrender, all they had to do was surrender. Instead, they continued to fight. The Killing of Americans does bother you, doesn’t it?

Forum List

Back