The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

The brits did not have B29 bombers

No, they had Lancasters... But I'm sure we'd have sold them B29's if we asked them to. Funny thing was, American Bankers and Diplomats did what Hitler couldn't. Bankrupt the British Empire out of existence.
B29s were not necessary for europe

they were designed for the extreme distances found in the Pacific Theater

but the Lancasters or B29s would not have survived german jets deployed in quantity

We were perfectly right in nuking Nagasaki...my only regret is that we didn’t dust Tokyo on the way back.
I would not go that far

the japs were not bad people underneath the bushido bs and I’m glad we didnt kill more than we had to

but the Lancasters or B29s would not have survived german jets deployed in quantity

We had jets, too. So did the British.

1585407885019.png

US Aerocomet -

1585407921394.png

Gloster Meteor

What else you got?

We were perfectly right in nuking Nagasaki...my only regret is that we didn’t dust Tokyo on the way back.
I would not go that far

the japs were not bad people underneath the bushido bs and I’m glad we didnt kill more than we had to
Hind sight is 20/20 but one wonders if we could have avoided the battle of Iwo Jima which was just a few months before. We lost thousands of men there.

We had jets, too. So did the British.

View attachment 316321
US Aerocomet -

View attachment 316322
Gloster Meteor

What else you got?
The p-59 flew but it was not accepted for combat by the military

the meteor was a practical design and had a better power plant than the me262

but during WWII it never flew outside the UK so how it would have done against the germans is unknown

I would not go that far

Hind sight is 20/20 but one wonders if we could have avoided the battle of Iwo Jima which was just a few months before. We lost thousands of men there.

We could have avoided that battle, but fdr didn’t want to.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.
Dusting Hiroshima and Nagasaki did avoid us having to invade. So we did avoid battles.

You regret that MORE civilians weren’t killed?
I regret that so many Americans were killed. Do you?

Don’t answer a question with a question. I’ll be happy to answer yours after you answer mine.

Sorry to have painted you into a corner like that.

Don’t answer a question with a question. I’ll be happy to answer yours after you answer mine.

Are you afraid to answer my question? I'm not afraid to answer yours.

Its a BS question. No I don’t want more civilians killed. But killing them ultimately brought the war to an end quicker. So nuking the shit out of the Japs—who started it—was a good thing.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.

Attachments

• Daily_News_Wed__Mar_23__1955_3b (1).pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 17

Its a BS question. No I don’t want more civilians killed. But killing them ultimately brought the war to an end quicker. So nuking the shit out of the Japs [sic]—who started it—was a good thing.

You're contradicting yourself.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.
there are plenty of historians who disagree with the ones you offer

Its a BS question. No I don’t want more civilians killed. But killing them ultimately brought the war to an end quicker. So nuking the shit out of the Japs [sic]—who started it—was a good thing.

You're contradicting yourself.

nope.

nuking those cities brought the war to an end. that’s a good thing. Thinking the japs may have given up sooner had we dusted Tokyo is a logical.

I would not go that far

Bullshit.
there are plenty of historians who disagree with the ones you offer
American military commanders of that time recognized the unnecessary, immoral nature of the weapon that truman used to slaughter civilians just as fdr wanted. MacArthur informed fdr in significant detail before the Yalta Conference that overtures to surrender were being proffered, but fdr ordered him to ignore them. This is well before Okinawa. The scumbag fdr wanted blood and he would have it; American as well as Japanese.

New Topics

Forum List

Back