The non-Trump 2024 field start to make their move: Christie, Pence, Cruz, Haley, Asa Hutchinson, DeSantis, Pompeo, Cotton, Hawley, Tim Scott, Youngkin

i left out the potential candidates who are already running this year, because they will be too busy governing, (if they win their races that is) Abbott, Brian Kemp, Kari Lake, JD Vance etc

state who you want to win! there's plenty of options! one of these in the title will be the next president, i do believe!

Wow, do we have short memories!

2016? When it was Trump against a large field of Republican contenders that was collectively known as “The Clown Car?”

Each of them got a relatively small percent of the vote, with Trump having a large plurality. Unfortunately for project Never Trump, as those with the least votes dropped out, it turned out that Trump was the second choice for most of the non-Trump voters.

I have some ideas on why, but I won’t digress. Suffice to say that is what happened, and no one Republican had a chance. There was no strength in numbers in that instance.

There is only one strategy for a non-Trump Republican to win the nomination: All other non-Trump Republicans unite behind a single champion and hope that he can over-come both Trump’s popularity with his base, and the growing unpopularity of the Democratic fascists, who most voters know will be knuckled under to by the typical non-Trump Republican politician.

Egos will get in the way. No matter how much establishment Republicans may want to get “their” party back (it’s actually the voters’), none of them will sacrifice their hopes of running against Biden just to make sure Trump is not the nominee. Each will want to be the one who usurps Trump.

They won’t bow out, hoping to be rewarded with the Sec Trans job or some ambassadorship.

Do often wish for things you know will not come true? Seems like a waste of time to me.
The OP asked my opinion and thoughts. I gave them. Several people with no chance, including the ones I chose, were in the thread title. If they only wanted the thread to be about Trump and Desantis, they shouldn't have listed everyone else.

Forum List

Back