The "no difference" theory is dead - homosexual parenting is not as good as hetersexual parenting.

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Homosexuals have been claiming for decades that same-sex couples make just as good parents as opposite-sex couples, and I've been saying for decades that claim is bunk. Now we have the proof:

Fresh research has just tossed a grenade into the incendiary issue of same-sex parenting. Writing in the British Journal of Education, Society & Behavioural Science, a peer-reviewed journal, American sociologist Paul Sullins concludes that children’s “Emotional problems [are] over twice as prevalent for children with same-sex parents than for children with opposite-sex parents”.

He says confidently: “it is no longer accurate to claim that no study has found children in same-sex families to be disadvantaged relative to those in opposite-sex families.”

This defiant rebuttal of the “no difference” hypothesis is sure to stir up a hornet’s next as the Supreme Court prepares to trawl through arguments for and against same-sex marriage. It will be impossible for critics to ignore it, as it is based on more data than any previous study -- 512 children with same-sex parents drawn from the US National Health Interview Survey. The emotional problems included misbehaviour, worrying, depression, poor relationships with peers and inability to concentrate.

After crunching the numbers, Sullins found opposite-sex parents provided a better environment. “Biological parentage uniquely and powerfully distinguishes child outcomes between children with opposite-sex parents and those with same-sex parents,” he writes.

As he points out, this has immense implications for public policy. The Elton John/David Furnish model of lavishing love and licorice on the offspring of surrogate mothers won’t do. Throwing down the gauntlet before supporters of same-sex marriage, Sullins contends that “the primary benefit of marriage for children, therefore, may not be that it tends to present them with improved parents (more stable, financially affluent, etc, although it does this), but that it presents them with their own parents.”

Homosexuals have been claiming for decades that same-sex couples make just as good parents as opposite-sex couples, and I've been saying for decades that claim is bunk. Now we have the proof:

Fresh research has just tossed a grenade into the incendiary issue of same-sex parenting. Writing in the British Journal of Education, Society & Behavioural Science, a peer-reviewed journal, American sociologist Paul Sullins concludes that children’s “Emotional problems [are] over twice as prevalent for children with same-sex parents than for children with opposite-sex parents”.

He says confidently: “it is no longer accurate to claim that no study has found children in same-sex families to be disadvantaged relative to those in opposite-sex families.”

This defiant rebuttal of the “no difference” hypothesis is sure to stir up a hornet’s next as the Supreme Court prepares to trawl through arguments for and against same-sex marriage. It will be impossible for critics to ignore it, as it is based on more data than any previous study -- 512 children with same-sex parents drawn from the US National Health Interview Survey. The emotional problems included misbehaviour, worrying, depression, poor relationships with peers and inability to concentrate.

After crunching the numbers, Sullins found opposite-sex parents provided a better environment. “Biological parentage uniquely and powerfully distinguishes child outcomes between children with opposite-sex parents and those with same-sex parents,” he writes.

As he points out, this has immense implications for public policy. The Elton John/David Furnish model of lavishing love and licorice on the offspring of surrogate mothers won’t do. Throwing down the gauntlet before supporters of same-sex marriage, Sullins contends that “the primary benefit of marriage for children, therefore, may not be that it tends to present them with improved parents (more stable, financially affluent, etc, although it does this), but that it presents them with their own parents.”

Oh I wish you conservatives never actually check your sources and stay uneducated and low information forever.

Here is the "unbiased" sociologist.

dad-134-1.jpg

I bet I know his next "groundbreaking" study will be. How Pedophilia helps kids become stronger.

And I like how "worrying" is a mental problem because kids never worry in heterosexual relationships. Guess my lawyer friend would have been better off with her crackhead mother than the Lesbian couple who raised her.

Oh I wish you conservatives never actually check your sources and stay uneducated and low information forever.

Here is the "unbiased" sociologist.

dad-134-1.jpg

I bet I know his next "groundbreaking" study will be. How Pedophilia helps kids become stronger.

And I like how "worrying" is a mental problem because kids never worry in heterosexual relationships. Guess my lawyer friend would have been better off with her crackhead mother than the Lesbian couple who raised her.
/thread

Oh look, a study to state the patently obvious.

When you live with freaks there's going to be problems for the kids raised in that environment.

A Catholic priest believes homosexuality is wrong? Wonder how he feels about diddling children?

The idea that same sex couples are equally good for children as biological couples defies nature and basic sense. You don't need a study to tell you that.

My father wasn't there for most of my life. I didn't meet him until I was 12, and my only bonding experience with him was smoking weed. My mother, believing that I needed a father figure in my life, married an abusive man. I was afraid to come home from school some days because I knew I was getting beaten for nothing.

Life sucks, and shit happens, whether you have two mother or fathers.

Could a study authored by Catholic priest who has been an outspoken critic of gay marriage and the gay lifestyle be just a bit biased?

The idea that same sex couples are equally good for children as biological couples defies nature and basic sense. You don't need a study to tell you that.
However, such a study does exist. And it wasn't done by a priest.

Page 8 (the left side on the green background) http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/pdf/Youth_Index_jan2011.pdf
In addition to indexing the happiness and wellbeing of young people, the report explores some significant demographic differences between young people. They include a comparison between those not in education employment or training with their peers...those without a positive role model of their gender in their lives (women without a positive female role model and men without a positive male role model) and their peers...those with fewer than five GCSEs graded A* to C (or equivalent) with their peers... Respondents are asked how happy and confident they are in different areas of their life. The responses are converted to a numerical scale, resulting in a number out of 100-- with 100 representing entirely happy or confident and zero being not at all happy or confident.
Page 10 (The bold largest heading above the material that followed it)
Young people without a role model of the same gender in their lives
The Daily Mail article from the Prince's Trust study... Teens without parent role model are 67 per cent less likely to get a job Daily Mail Online
Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess..
Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging.

I'm surprised that the OP didn't cite the Prince's Trust survey. It's of 2,000+ young adults self-reporting that growing up without a role model of their same gender (50% of kids in "gay marriage") left them emotionally and psychologically-scarred in significant ways. I can't think of anything worse than believing you can't find meaning of your place in the world. Talk about existential angst!

Single parents as I said are preferable to gay ones in that at least singles often still date and court the opposite gender...so that child would see that "mom still values men" in some small way. Two lesbians raising a boy...wow...what a mind bender....daily paraded lesson on "how your gender doesn't matter or fit in AT ALL in a woman's life..

This is going to be institutionalized child abuse if the High Court forces this on the states...

Okay- so I went and found the actual paper- here is the link

Emotional Problems among Children with Same-sex Parents Difference by Definition Paul Sullins - Academia.edu

And after a quick- and non-scholarly review- and admitting that my regression analysis skills are waaaay rusty- the author presents an interesting paper. I think it is worth noting that he likely does come from a background with a bias, but that doesn't mean that the paper shouldn't be read for what it is.

Read the paper

Here is one quote:
Biological relationship, it appears, is both necessary and sufficient to explain the higher risk of emotional problems faced by children with same-sex parents

One of his reviewers asked him why he thought that non-white children don't fit this model- that non-white children don't show this pattern- but I couldn't find in his paper where he answered that question.

And finally, the author himself notes that the sample size is really too small to be definitive- but suggests further studies should be done.

I'm surprised that the OP didn't cite the Prince's Trust survey. It's of 2,000+ young adults self-reporting that growing up without a role model of their same gender (50% of kids in "gay marriage") left them emotionally and psychologically-scarred in significant ways. I can't think of anything worse than believing you can't find meaning of your place in the world. Talk about existential angst!

Single parents as I said are preferable to gay ones in that at least singles often still date and court the opposite gender...so that child would see that "mom still values men" in some small way. Two lesbians raising a boy...wow...what a mind bender....daily paraded lesson on "how your gender doesn't matter or fit in AT ALL in a woman's life..

This is going to be institutionalized child abuse if the High Court forces this on the states...

Since the OP was about an actual paper regarding homosexual parenting, and the Prince's study has nothing to do with that- not surprising to anyone but yourself.

He admits in his paper he would need at least 800 same-sex couples to be a valid study, and yet he only studied 512 children of same-sex couples.

The greatest limitation of this study is its use of a representative sample of only 512 same-sex parent families, which is several times smaller than optimum for most population studies.

When you cant attack the message, attack the messenger! Classic lefty deflection.

The "sociologist" has published many studies and books against gay marriage so yeah, he is a completely biased source.

It would be like researchers from McDonalds stating "Eating 3 big macs a day cures cancer!" You would be skeptical.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back