The NFL's Roger Goodell is opposed to racism ... theoretically

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Gee, really, Roger is opposed to racism and police brutality. Wow! Who would have believed it?

However, like any good politician these days who are dealing with the protests, Goodell didn't say a damn thing.

Well, what did he say? Here are the important parts.

"We were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier" who were protesting police brutality. Oh, so that means the NFL was officially ignoring police brutality? I don't think so. Besides, this "brutality" involves a handful of bad cops, not the police in general.

In the roughly minute-and-a-half statement, Goodell did not mention Colin Kaepernick by name but he said the NFL will "encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest." Goodell said he would be "reaching out" to players who have "raised their voices."

What the hell does that mean? By encouraging players to speak out, is Goodell saying the NFL now endorses players taking a knee during the national anthem?

Of course not, Goodell didn't say that, but players can certainly infer that. That is what some players did, and Goodell seems to be approving the body language.

However, I doubt Goodell is approving such a gesture. So, in the end, essentially, Goodell didn't say a thing, and what little he did say was meaningless and is subject to harmful implications by the players.

What is the difference between a real person and a politician? A real person deals with the issues and answers questions directly.

A politician avoids the real issues and never answers questions directly. Instead, he/she pretends to answer by giving us B.S.

That is exactly what Goodell did with his short little speech.

This source helped with this report: "We were wrong," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says - CBS News

Gee, really, Roger is opposed to racism and police brutality. Wow! Who would have believed it?

However, like any good politician these days who are dealing with the protests, Goodell didn't say a damn thing.

Well, what did he say? Here are the important parts.

"We were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier" who were protesting police brutality. Oh, so that means the NFL was officially ignoring police brutality? I don't think so. Besides, this "brutality" involves a handful of bad cops, not the police in general.

In the roughly minute-and-a-half statement, Goodell did not mention Colin Kaepernick by name but he said the NFL will "encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest." Goodell said he would be "reaching out" to players who have "raised their voices."

What the hell does that mean? By encouraging players to speak out, is Goodell saying the NFL now endorses players taking a knee during the national anthem?

Of course not, Goodell didn't say that, but players can certainly infer that. That is what some players did, and Goodell seems to be approving the body language.

However, I doubt Goodell is approving such a gesture. So, in the end, essentially, Goodell didn't say a thing, and what little he did say was meaningless and is subject to harmful implications by the players.

What is the difference between a real person and a politician? A real person deals with the issues and answers questions directly.

A politician avoids the real issues and never answers questions directly. Instead, he/she pretends to answer by giving us B.S.

That is exactly what Goodell did with his short little speech.

This source helped with this report: "We were wrong," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says - CBS News

What he is syaing is that football is one of the shallowest opiates a person can take to while away the days in front of a television. Its always been liberal and its always been aimed at the lowest common denominator. It openly shits on the people who support it knowing they will not budge.

The only interest I have in the season is watching the Saints implode. Stabbing your QB in the back, especially an outstanding person like Drew Brees was disgusting. I'm disappointed in Brees but he still wants a shot at the Super Bowl and besides that his wife was all on board the BLM train. Maybe I'm wrong and the Kum Bay Yah Racial discussions they will be having are going to equate to great team unity and performance. I think it will be a cancer in the locker room. We shall see.

Honestly this this is another self inflicted blow by that idiot Goodell. He’s trying to pander to a mob that will never be satisfied

Forum List

Back