The NFL is fining players for stiff arms now?

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
The NFL fines are stacking up for the Ravens. Matt Birk got slapped with a $5,000 fine for removing a microphone that the league requires guards and centers to wear. Ravens running back Ray Rice is lighter in the pocket today after he got fined $7,500 for a stiff arm he delivered in the Rams game. Video of the stiff arm is below, see if you can figure it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWltgkrb-U&feature=player_embedded]Ray Rice vs Rams - YouTube[/ame]

Ray Rice fined $7,500 for stiff arm after he got horse collared | Baltimore Sports Report

the ref said face mask, I am only assuming the film is close enough in to see that his hand was on his face mask not his chest?????

the ref said face mask, I am only assuming the film is close enough in to see that his hand was on his face mask not his chest?????

I dunno....the face mask the ref called was on the defensive back, not Rice.

Kinda bizarre.

I cannot see it close enough. a stiff arm should be perfectly fine, the idiots just want more scoring so if a player keeps running etc. thats a good thing so I don't see the point in trying to play it down.

look, the rules changes over the last 10 years has really gotten ridiculous, one day you won't even be able to tackle a QB even in the pocket, they will just have to touch him or get him any simple but escapable grasp to get a sack, watch.

and the whole replay crap is just BS....more commercials, that all that was about.

I cannot see it close enough. a stiff arm should be perfectly fine, the idiots just want more scoring so if a player keeps running etc. thats a good thing so I don't see the point in trying to play it down.

look, the rules changes over the last 10 years has really gotten ridiculous, one day you won't even be able to tackle a QB even in the pocket, they will just have to touch him or get him any simple but escapable grasp to get a sack, watch.

and the whole replay crap is just BS....more commercials, that all that was about.

For QB's I say just give them 2 flags hanging off their waist and get it over with.

New Topics

Forum List

Back