Zone1 The NFL and lack of diversity

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Black people who follow the NFL are aware of this, much more so than white people. There is a class action lawsuit against the NFL for its hiring practices, being accused by former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores and many other former head coaches and assistant coaches, for passing over qualified black applicants in the hiring of black head coaches.

But that is another story for another day. This story is about the NFL Network and its media operations, who have no black faces on the executive board, but these men represent the media arm of the league, one that is 70% black. Goodell had his Super Bowl presser today and took questions, and they were some pretty tough questions at times. The most compelling question was raised by a black reporter Jim Trotter, who works at the NFL Network, and who asked about no black executives with the NFL Network executive board, and what I found interesting is he asked Goodell the EXACT same question at last years Super Bowl presser, (I don't know his answer then), and here we are again. Goodell immediately sidestepped the issue by saying "I'm not aware of the media hiring practices" or some other such non-answer, which immediately irked Trotter, who threw his arms up in the air, and Goodell replied "are you going to let me answer your question?", which, of course, he never did but still kept blathering. I am impressed by Jim Trotter and his reporting, and he never got an answer to his question from Goodell.

Last edited:
Black people who follow the NFL are aware of this, much more so than white people. There is a class action lawsuit against the NFL for its hiring practices, being accused by former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores and many other former head coaches and assistant coaches, for passing over qualified black applicants in the hiring of black head coaches.

But that is another story for another day. This story is about the NFL Network and its media operations, who have no black faces on the executive board, but these men represent the media arm of the league, one that is 70% black. Goodell had his Super Bowl presser today and took questions, and they were some pretty tough questions at times. The most compelling question was raised by a black reporter Jim Trotter, who works at the NFL Network, and who asked about no black executives with the NFL Network executive board, and what I found interesting is he asked Goodell the EXACT same question at last years Super Bowl presser, (I don't know his answer then), and here we are again. Goodell immediately sidestepped the issue by saying "I'm not aware of the media hiring practices" or some other such non-answer, which immediately irked Trotter, who threw his arms up in the air, and Goodell replied "are you going to let me answer your question?", which, of course, he never did but still kept blathering. I am impressed by Jim Trotter and his reporting, and he never got an answer to his question from Goodell.

maybe its just me but all the players look black as coal

Forum List

Back