The next Republican President

There is no way in hell, a trumper can win in 2024. We almost lost free elections and representative democracy with trump and the trumper support what he did and tried to do. Electing a trumper would be saying "fine, we don't want it" and it would be over. Once gone, you can't get it back without a shooting war, town to town, state to state.

I think DeSantis could win. He's sort of Trump with out the toxicity and shitty personality of Trump that turned so many people off from him.
Dems will run against DeSantis as TRUMPLite
Of course they will, but it wasn't really Trump's agenda that turned people off. Most of his agenda tended to be fairly popular among everyday Americans. It was his toxic personality and ultimately, his poor handling of COVID in the beginning stages of the pandemic, that did him in. Don't forget, Trump increased minority support from his first election and the prior two Republican candidates, so he was doing something right in that regard and even though he failed to get reelected, he got more votes than Obama did either time. It would be wise for the Republicans to embrace his "American First" platform minus being assholes.

You just don't see the hate coming from Democrats, huh? You only see it when it's a Republican

Civil War in the Gop may obviously lead to a Trump 24 bid. But after that is over with they still have to find a leader that will unite the country.

Sides are forming with the ousting of Cheney but are the smart ones keeping their head down so that they carry no baggage into that fight ?

A trumper would repel the moderates and a growing majority of Goppers after 2 defeats.

Someone like Cheney would not get the support of the Trump rump.

They need a candidate who can unite the right. Who is that person ?

They are in a difficult position at the moment.
The next republican president isn't a major player yet. Probably still at a local politics level, a city councilman or something. None of the current crop of state level or above can win.
Disantis can easily win, moron. I know how you hate that fact.

Of course they will, but it wasn't really Trump's agenda that turned people off. Most of his agenda tended to be fairly popular among everyday Americans. It was his toxic personality and ultimately, his poor handling of COVID in the beginning stages of the pandemic, that did him in. Don't forget, Trump increased minority support from his first election and the prior two Republican candidates, so he was doing something right in that regard and even though he failed to get reelected, he got more votes than Obama did either time. It would be wise for the Republicans to embrace his "American First" platform minus being assholes.

You just don't see the hate coming from Democrats, huh? You only see it when it's a Republican
A false dilemma, also referred to as false dichotomy, is an informal fallacy based on a premise that erroneously limits what options are available. The source of the fallacy lies not in an invalid form of inference but in a false premise. This premise has the form of a disjunctive claim: it asserts that one among a number of alternatives must be true. This disjunction is problematic because it oversimplifies the choice by excluding viable alternatives

Civil War in the Gop may obviously lead to a Trump 24 bid. But after that is over with they still have to find a leader that will unite the country.

Sides are forming with the ousting of Cheney but are the smart ones keeping their head down so that they carry no baggage into that fight ?

A trumper would repel the moderates and a growing majority of Goppers after 2 defeats.

The next republican president isn't a major player yet. Probably still at a local politics level, a city councilman or something. None of the current crop of state level or above can win.

Funny, the exact same thing that you and all the whack job Democrats said after W.

There are commercial on your cartoons?
And what state level or above political office was Cheeto Jesus holding at the time?

Sure. Check out the date on this thread that aged so incredibly well.

Read what I actually posted, instead of what you wish I had. You'll find that it's quite often more than a little bit different.

Sure. Check out the date on this thread that aged so incredibly well.

Read what I actually posted, instead of what you wish I had. You'll find that it's quite often more than a little bit different.

I know what you said. The point is that you can't predict anything this far out. Politics change on a dime and the electorate has a short memory.

Yeah, he's so well known you can't even spell his name.

There is no way in hell, a trumper can win in 2024. We almost lost free elections and representative democracy with trump and the trumper support what he did and tried to do. Electing a trumper would be saying "fine, we don't want it" and it would be over. Once gone, you can't get it back without a shooting war, town to town, state to state.
You have lost your mind. Congratulations

In 2024 the democrats will either put up an 82 year old Xiden, NFW.
Or, most likely "Heels Up" (un-electable) Kamala Harris.

The GOP has many good candidates that now know the winning policies, "America First Populism". Just look at the democrats that will vote GOP, starting with the KeystoneXL construction workers, then throw in the UAW union folks who saw GM build their new EV plant in Mexico.

Here are a few names to pick from to put up against Kamala:
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
Not Hogan, Rubio, Christie, Graham, or any Trump

I could get behind Noem, Haley, Rubio, and DeSantis. I don't know enough about Cotton or Jordan. Hogan, Christie, and Graham could never win the primary. Any former member of the Trump admin is not going to be viable, so forget about Pence or Pompeo. Cruz I doubt I would vote for.
Cotton is ex-military, young, competent, energetic, low negatives,
Jordan, very popular Republican,
Agree that never-Trumpers need not apply.
Disagree that all former Trump admin guys are toxic.
Pompeo was first in his class at West Point
Pence is solid, competent, but not a flashy guy, did a good job leading Operation Warp Speed
Cruz came in 2nd to Trump in 2016. Very smart guy. Maybe he replaces Thomas on the USSC if he isn't the nominee?

Yeah, he's so well known you can't even spell his name.
<YAWN!>

We will not be united again. For that the media/entertainers have to call off their propaganda war to start. The Prog politicians have to start acting civil and responsibly. The Repubs elected who are not what they seem also need to represent their voters. They all smell blood. They are all backed by enormously powerful people.

The GOP has many good candidates that now know the winning policies, "America First Populism". Just look at the democrats that will vote GOP, starting with the KeystoneXL construction workers, then throw in the UAW union folks who saw GM build their new EV plant in Mexico.

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis

I could get behind Noem, Haley, Rubio, and DeSantis. I don't know enough about Cotton or Jordan. Hogan, Christie, and Graham could never win the primary. Any former member of the Trump admin is not going to be viable, so forget about Pence or Pompeo. Cruz I doubt I would vote for.
I d vote for Crenshaw

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis

Cruz is universally hated by both sides

While he thinks he is a shoe in for 2024, I don’t think he has a chance. I doubt he would even win Texas
If Ted Cruz is not the GOP nominee in 2024, how about he replaces Thomas on the USSC???

I think so. If they back trump in this they just prolong the pain. The key is how they break with his legacy.

I heard that is 2016 cupcake?

The Hill was an abomination and still would be. I never heard, even she would get rid of or ignore the votes cast for president and electors that represent that vote.
Are you sure you would be willing to give that up, permanently, just to win one election cycle, honey?
The majority of the county would not, and that is probably why the Hillary supporters did not attack Washington, get people killed and take over The Capital for a few hours. I'm telling you, right now, those Democrats are not going to give up the right to vote and have it count.

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
Most of those names are compromised in one way or another. The dems would be ecstatic if a character like Cruz ran.

unite the country

You're insane.

I heard that is 2016 cupcake?

The Hill was an abomination and still would be. I never heard, even she would get rid of or ignore the votes cast for president and electors that represent that vote.
Are you sure you would be willing to give that up, permanently, just to win one election cycle, honey?
The majority of the county would not, and that is probably why the Hillary supporters did not attack Washington, get people killed and take over The Capital for a few hours. I'm telling you, right now, those Democrats are not going to give up the right to vote and have it count.

They just burned our major cities all summer and looted innocent businesses with their “mostly peaceful” protests.

Forum List

Back