The New Survivor - I'm Waiting For Cries Of Discrimination

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
(CBS4 News) LOS ANGELES In just a few weeks, the new season of 'Survivor' takes 20 castaways to the Cook Islands, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean but this season, there’s a survivor twist.

For the past twelve seasons, the show has stranded Americans in exotic locations and split contestants into opposing tribes. They’ve been separated by sex, and by age and at times, by a bit of schoolyard diplomacy as contestants chose sides on their own.

But for season thirteen, producers have yet another controversial way to begin the game.

The twenty castaways will be split into four tribes – each divided by race.

There’s an Asian-American tribe, an African-American tribe, a white tribe, and a hispanic tribe.

“Some people will think this is controversial. Others will think, ‘What’s the big deal?’” host Jeff Probst said. “Either way, it’s going to be very interesting.”

Along with the usual real-estate agents and struggling actors, the cast of characters competing for the $1 million purse includes a heavy-metal guitarist, a female police officer who has been shot in the line of duty, a Vietnam War refugee who manages a nail salon and a gay fashion director for a denim company.

Set in New Zealand's Cook Islands, the location of the famous mutiny on the HMS Bounty, this season features a pirate theme, including Tribal Councils held on an elaborate shipwreck set built into the rocky coastline of a local island.

http://cbs4.com/entertainment/local_story_235102015.html

I think any cries of discrimination will be short-lived. They arent really discriminating, seeing as no group is barred from being on the show. Segregation maybe, but the contestants chose to be a part of the show (which is fake anyway). Just my $0.02

the swimming challenge when the black tribe drowns should be interesting?

wait did i say that outloud?

can't wait for the jews vs the muslims vs the christians vs the blue states

the swimming challenge when the black tribe drowns should be interesting?

wait did i say that outloud?

can't wait for the jews vs the muslims vs the christians vs the blue states

The blacks might be better at hunting though, cause they can blend into the shadows.

Wait did I say that outloud? ;)

Forum List

Back