The New Racists: Annual White Privilege Conference Draws Thousands of Teachers

Perhaps it's just me, but this thread seems like a pathetic kneejerk response to criticism of the " black lives matter" movement.

MMdn9iB.jpg

According to their website, white privilege also is the ability to, "assume that most of the people you or your children study in history classes and textbooks will be of the same race, gender, or sexual orientation as you are."

I would add that it's also the ability to move into a new neighborhood and not having to be on alert that your neighbors might react negatively to your family's presence. It's also not having to worry that having a black-sounding name will limit your job prospects. And it's not worrying about whether your children might be more harshly disciplined in school because of their skin color, as many studies suggest. It's also about being able to go into certain high-end stores and not have employees automatically eye you suspiciously because of your race and treat you like a potential shoplifter.

Read more at Armstrong: White privilege is real

I love my white privilege !
Good for you.

Have you ever gotten on a bus and been the only white person?

According to their website, white privilege also is the ability to, "assume that most of the people you or your children study in history classes and textbooks will be of the same race, gender, or sexual orientation as you are."

I would add that it's also the ability to move into a new neighborhood and not having to be on alert that your neighbors might react negatively to your family's presence. It's also not having to worry that having a black-sounding name will limit your job prospects. And it's not worrying about whether your children might be more harshly disciplined in school because of their skin color, as many studies suggest. It's also about being able to go into certain high-end stores and not have employees automatically eye you suspiciously because of your race and treat you like a potential shoplifter.

Good for you.

Yes, including the driver, an African with some relative acting as English interpreter (not kidding) speeding through red lights. Picking up other African Immigrants with their bazillion offspring. I almost expected people to bring on goats or chickens or hang of the bumper and ride on the bloody roof, too. This isn't a joke. I couldn't even ask the driver's English speaking "friend" were the next transfer was, because neither one of them knew what a "transfer" meant. Really. This is what we have come to?

Good for you.

Yes, including the driver, an African with some relative acting as English interpreter (not kidding) speeding through red lights. Picking up other African Immigrants with their bazillion offspring. I almost expected people to bring on goats or chickens or hang of the bumper and ride on the bloody roof, too. This isn't a joke. I couldn't even ask the driver's English speaking "friend" were the next transfer was, because neither one of them knew what a "transfer" meant. Really. This is what we have come to?
I'm not sure what you mean. When you're the only ONE of something obvious, like race, you feel self-conscious.

Good for you.

I don't need to ride no stinkin' bus, I'm white !

Good for you.

I don't need to ride no stinkin' bus, I'm white !
I've been known to ride a bus, a subway, when I'm in the city. Cross country in a bus, is stinkin'.

Ok dammit.

I acknowledge and repent my inherent white privilege as they requested. There. It's done.

Did anything change?

No one asked anyone to repent. Just be grateful and try to treat others as you would like to be treated. Jesus Christ, why is that so hard for people?

The best way to get under the skin ( pun not intended) of these people, is instead of denying the existence of so-called "white privilege" start celebrating it and inform them that you intend to continue to take advantage of your privilege as long as possible.

Pretty sure the whole world already knows that if you scratch RWNJ traitors, you'll find the kkk.
I thought I saw you at the last meeting. You were the one in the corner picking his nose, right?

No one asked anyone to repent. Just be grateful and try to treat others as you would like to be treated. Jesus Christ, why is that so hard for people?
The vast majority of people do exactly that. Why is it so hard for the grievance industry to acknowledge that?

Forum List

Back