The New Pause lengthens by another month to 5 years 7 months

It's not a pet theory, dude. The earth really did transition from a greenhouse planet to an ice age about 2.7 million years ago. Maybe you should listen to the podcast of the geologist you like listening to who explained the oxygen isotope data.

All you have to do is look at the annotations on the charts I posted to see it.

Your chart clearly shows the cooling tread starting at 50 million years ago ... why do you say 2.7 million? ...
Holy fuck, dude. Seriously?

You can't see the slope change that occurred with northern hemisphere glaciation?

View attachment 465123

Do I need to annotate this graph to?

View attachment 465124

Now you understand why I blast him, he is too busy trying to flaunt his superiority, that he makes embarrassing statements from ignorance. I understood your chart from the start, since it is easy to read and understand it.

Have known this for years too, that is why I don't bother you over it.

But ReinyDays if you want to know why the planet began cooling ~50 million years ago... the answer is azolla.

Last edited:
It's not a pet theory, dude. The earth really did transition from a greenhouse planet to an ice age about 2.7 million years ago. Maybe you should listen to the podcast of the geologist you like listening to who explained the oxygen isotope data.

Your chart clearly shows the cooling tread starting at 50 million years ago ... why do you say 2.7 million? ...
Holy fuck, dude. Seriously?

You can't see the slope change that occurred with northern hemisphere glaciation?

View attachment 465123

Do I need to annotate this graph to?

View attachment 465124

Now you understand why I blast him, he is too busy trying to flaunt his superiority, that he makes embarrassing statements from ignorance. I understood your chart from the start, since it is easy to read and understand it.

Have known this for years too, that is why I don't bother you over it.
He's being a shit stirrer. He knows better.

ReinyDays

1615140233196.png

1615140121180.png

1615140175678.png

Milton Humason had NO higher education behind astronomy or physics, yet manage to make a very important scientific discovery, heck he dropped out of school at age 14!

Owlcation

Milton Humason: The Man Behind the Hubble Law

Jul 28, 2020

Leonard Kelley

Excerpt:

Humason’s astronomy career really began in 1902, when he moved to Los Angeles at the age of 12. Near there is Mt. Wilson, the location of the observatory that he would eventually work at for over 60 years. At 14, he decided to quit school and work at the mountain observatory, with the goal of living there. Clearly, the location was a fixation for the young man, and he started to help the staff build the telescopes that were built for them (Voller 52).

In fall of 1917 he got a job as a janitor there, mostly by virtue of his personality. The staff loved him and began to instruct him on some of the techniques of astrophotography. George Ellery Hale, the director and founder of the observatory, noticed that Humason had great potential and promoted him from janitor to night assistant. By 1922, 20 years after Humason first moved to LA, he was further promoted to the stellar spectroscopy department. This would forever shape his career, for it was at this time that Edwin Hubble was collecting data which would lead to the famous result of universal expansion (52, 54).

More about uneducated lout Humason, from Wikipedia:

"Humason dropped out of school and had no formal education past the age of 14. Because he loved the mountains, and Mount Wilson in particular, he became a "mule skinner" taking materials and equipment up the mountain while Mount Wilson Observatory was being built. In 1917, after a short stint on a ranch in La Verne, he became a janitor at the observatory. Out of sheer interest, he volunteered to be a night assistant at the observatory. His technical skill and quiet manner made him a favorite on the mountain. Recognizing his talent, in 1919, George Ellery Hale made him a Mt. Wilson staff member. This was unprecedented, as Humason did not have a Ph.D., or even a high school diploma. He soon proved Hale's judgment correct, as he made several key observational discoveries. He became known as a meticulous observer, obtaining photographs and difficult spectrograms of faint galaxies. His observations played a major role in the development of physical cosmology, including assisting Edwin Hubble in formulating Hubble's law. In 1950 he earned a D.Sc. from Lund University.[1] He retired in 1957. "

bolding mine

=======

Did he get snobbed into success?

snicker...

2.7 million years ago was when the planet was transitioning to an ice house planet. That was when northern hemisphere glaciation became a thing. That you fail to see the importance of that transition in the discussion of earth's climate is shocking.

No offense but you clearly don't understand the earth's climate history. Based upon your statements I can tell you have never investigated any of this for yourself. You are commenting on things you have no understanding of. But's what's worse is that you are dismissing from a position of ignorance without doing any due diligence. This is not me telling you these things. This is me relaying to you what I have learned from others who have studied the past climates of the earth to better understand the geology of the earth.

There's clear and convincing data that glaciers were entering the oceans at 25º latitude in both hemispheres ... and at several occasions in the Earth's geologic history ... why are you using the term "rare" to describe what seems to be fairly common? ...
No. That is not the current belief. It was not fairly common prior to 2.7 million years ago.

It ought to be self evident that the threshold of initiation of extensive continental glaciation in the northern hemisphere is 280 ppm and not 400 ppm. But in case that isn't obvious to you, here's a paper on it.

Forum List

Back