The New Lies of the GOP

"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," President Donald Trump told veterans in 2018, referring to the media's criticisms of his administration. It was one of more than 30,000 documented falsehoods told by the then-President, the biggest being the Big Lie that he won the 2020 election.

The lying hasn't stopped. Now Trump and the Republican Party are spreading a false narrative about the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, depicting it as a peaceful event to save the nation from tyranny. Like any propaganda campaign, this one needs both noise and silence to be effective.

Flooding the media space with lies works best if inconvenient facts are denied and contradictory voices muted.

The new lies of the GOP and Tucker Carlson (opinion) - CNN

I was on another message board for several years long before Trump became president, and, unlike here, I used to post regularly there. But once Trump assumed office, and his daily lying started as president, I just didn’t want to immerse myself in it anymore. I mean, it just didn’t seem healthy to me.

What I write below was an epiphany I had years ago which now seems as if it was unknowingly a prediction of what was to come.

As I participated in that other message board, I recall being more than a little mystified at some of the arguments conservatives would come up with to support their positions because many of them were often not logical, or they were easily disprovable. Sometimes, their arguments were even nonsensical. It was a real head-scratcher until one day when I thought of something that I had previously never even considered before. It was this: Those conservatives didn't care about the truth at all. In fact, the truth was irrelevant to them.

While most logical people would abandon an argument that is easily disproved by the facts, conservatives, who I've come to believe are not motivated by logic in the first place, will embrace any argument, regardless of how nonsensical it is if they believe it can help to further their narrative or their agenda. And once one of them embraces the argument, they all jump on it to agree with one another.

For people who are not necessarily familiar with politics and/or current events because they are too busy with work and raising children, it might seem compelling to hear so many people embracing an argument if for no other reason that it's difficult for the average person to accept the idea that so many people would willingly turn a blind eye to the truth and willfully (and especially knowingly) accept a falsehood instead. In that sense, Trump was the perfect candidate for conservatives because he would both lead the way with falsehoods and follow the lead of others in supporting falsehoods.

Perhaps many people think they can justify doing so based on perceived ideological differences if and when they view opposing viewpoints in the simplistic black and white narrative of good versus bad or the even worse narrative of good versus evil.

But there's a huge problem in embracing this kind of political maneuvering. You see, it can be passed off as a game during a political campaign where scoring daily points is important when candidates are chasing poll numbers and favorability/unfavorability ratings, but it's not a game when it comes to governance. After all, when falsehoods are embraced and truth is ignored in forming public policy, the end results can and will be disastrous.

To make the point in a real world way, you don't need to look any further than the Soviet Union and Eastern European Warsaw Pact countries. For decades they made public policy decisions on falsehoods while ignoring facts to the contrary. That's why their economies were such a disaster and their societies were so dysfunctional after almost 50 years. Unfortunately, it's also the reason why America has had 550,000 deaths from Covid-19, most of which could have been prevented if the truth and not falsehoods, had dictated our Gov't policy from the very beginning once Covid-19 hit our shores.

RentFree.jpg

Communists trying to hide from their evil.

All this talk about communism in the year 2021 mystifies the hell out of me. In case you hadn't been paying attention, the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. And by 1991, the Soviet Union ceased to exist, and all those Communist countries in Eastern Europe became democracies.

There are 5 nominally communist countries in the world today: North Korea, Viet Nam, Laos, China, and Cuba.

You can't really count China as Communist since it's essentially a capitalist country that just so happens to be a one party state. Viet Nam has embraced capitalism too since they manufacture goods that we buy in our stores, just like China does. That leaves North Korea, Laos, and Cuba, and out of all those, only North Korea is a direct military threat to us.
It mystifies you because you're an imbecile. Communism is an idea - one that a large number of Democrats subscribe to.

LOL! In this country, we've got a damn site more to worry about from RW neonazis and White supremists who storm our Capitol in the name of overturning a free and fair election than we have to worry about a bunch of so-called Communists who are politically marginalized to the point that they have no influence.
ROFL! Thanks for proving you're an imbecile. You can't count the number of genuine neo nazis and white supremacists on your fingers and toes. On the other hand, about 80% of Democrats are hardcore communists.

You're a fucking communist, dumbass.
Non Sequitur

All this talk about communism in the year 2021 mystifies the hell out of me. In case you hadn't been paying attention, the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. And by 1991, the Soviet Union ceased to exist, and all those Communist countries in Eastern Europe became democracies.

There are 5 nominally communist countries in the world today: North Korea, Viet Nam, Laos, China, and Cuba.

You can't really count China as Communist since it's essentially a capitalist country that just so happens to be a one party state. Viet Nam has embraced capitalism too since they manufacture goods that we buy in our stores, just like China does. That leaves North Korea, Laos, and Cuba, and out of all those, only North Korea is a direct military threat to us.
It mystifies you because you're an imbecile. Communism is an idea - one that a large number of Democrats subscribe to.

LOL! In this country, we've got a damn site more to worry about from RW neonazis and White supremists who storm our Capitol in the name of overturning a free and fair election than we have to worry about a bunch of so-called Communists who are politically marginalized to the point that they have no influence.
ROFL! Thanks for proving you're an imbecile. You can't count the number of genuine neo nazis and white supremacists on your fingers and toes. On the other hand, about 80% of Democrats are hardcore communists.

You're a fucking communist, dumbass.
Non Sequitur
You obviously don't know the meaning of the term.

Ohhhh Pelosi isn't marginalized neither is Schumer, Nadler, Sanders, Warren, Cortex Cortez, Mullah Ilhan Omar or any of the other full blown communists. The entire democratic party has become loyalists to the communist cause. Are you saying they have no influence?

"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," President Donald Trump told veterans in 2018, referring to the media's criticisms of his administration. It was one of more than 30,000 documented falsehoods told by the then-President, the biggest being the Big Lie that he won the 2020 election.

The lying hasn't stopped. Now Trump and the Republican Party are spreading a false narrative about the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, depicting it as a peaceful event to save the nation from tyranny. Like any propaganda campaign, this one needs both noise and silence to be effective.

Flooding the media space with lies works best if inconvenient facts are denied and contradictory voices muted.

I was on another message board for several years long before Trump became president, and, unlike here, I used to post regularly there. But once Trump assumed office, and his daily lying started as president, I just didn’t want to immerse myself in it anymore. I mean, it just didn’t seem healthy to me.

What I write below was an epiphany I had years ago which now seems as if it was unknowingly a prediction of what was to come.

As I participated in that other message board, I recall being more than a little mystified at some of the arguments conservatives would come up with to support their positions because many of them were often not logical, or they were easily disprovable. Sometimes, their arguments were even nonsensical. It was a real head-scratcher until one day when I thought of something that I had previously never even considered before. It was this: Those conservatives didn't care about the truth at all. In fact, the truth was irrelevant to them.

While most logical people would abandon an argument that is easily disproved by the facts, conservatives, who I've come to believe are not motivated by logic in the first place, will embrace any argument, regardless of how nonsensical it is if they believe it can help to further their narrative or their agenda. And once one of them embraces the argument, they all jump on it to agree with one another.

For people who are not necessarily familiar with politics and/or current events because they are too busy with work and raising children, it might seem compelling to hear so many people embracing an argument if for no other reason that it's difficult for the average person to accept the idea that so many people would willingly turn a blind eye to the truth and willfully (and especially knowingly) accept a falsehood instead. In that sense, Trump was the perfect candidate for conservatives because he would both lead the way with falsehoods and follow the lead of others in supporting falsehoods.

Perhaps many people think they can justify doing so based on perceived ideological differences if and when they view opposing viewpoints in the simplistic black and white narrative of good versus bad or the even worse narrative of good versus evil.

But there's a huge problem in embracing this kind of political maneuvering. You see, it can be passed off as a game during a political campaign where scoring daily points is important when candidates are chasing poll numbers and favorability/unfavorability ratings, but it's not a game when it comes to governance. After all, when falsehoods are embraced and truth is ignored in forming public policy, the end results can and will be disastrous.

To make the point in a real world way, you don't need to look any further than the Soviet Union and Eastern European Warsaw Pact countries. For decades they made public policy decisions on falsehoods while ignoring facts to the contrary. That's why their economies were such a disaster and their societies were so dysfunctional after almost 50 years. Unfortunately, it's also the reason why America has had 550,000 deaths from Covid-19, most of which could have been prevented if the truth and not falsehoods, had dictated our Gov't policy from the very beginning once Covid-19 hit our shores.

CNN talking about lies...LOL

Well, when your answer to "they're lying to you" is "well, they lie too", means you seem to know you're being lied to.

Why would you stand for this? You have a vote, you could vote for REAL CHANGE, like Proportional Representation, so your vote actually counts, the will of the people matters etc.

Or is it that you like the lying, corruption and nonsense?

It's hysterical that you think that is what happened on Jan 6th.

And uncoordinated bunch of crazies go looking for trouble...not carrying any real firepower and it is an effort to overturn the election.

I laugh every time I hear it.
CNN told Mustang to be afraid. Obediently Mustang is afraid.

Ohhhh Pelosi isn't marginalized neither is Schumer, Nadler, Sanders, Warren, Cortex Cortez, Mullah Ilhan Omar or any of the other full blown communists. The entire democratic party has become loyalists to the communist cause. Are you saying they have no influence?
most democrats are corporate democrats, especially pelosi.

learn:

learn:

To learn one must first have an intelligent teacher.

Wolff is a massive fool and buffoon.

That article has to be the most dishonest, hypocritical piece of propaganda I've read lately. With just a few name changes it perfectly describes how the MSM, including CNN, covered the riots that occurred and are still occurring in blue cities across the country. What occurred in DC on Jan 6th was wrong, but it pales in comparison to the riots we're witnessing throughout the country, yet you commies are only getting hysterical about DC.

I guess the old mantra, blame others for what you are doing still holds true. The lefts narrative is just as provably false as what you claim Trumps narrative to be, yet you remain purveyors of leftist propaganda, willfully ignoring you're just as dishonest as you claim the GOP to be. Perhaps your BULLSHIT might mean something, IF you take care of your own house first. Till then, STFU.

More Trumplove from the closet manloving libbers

learn:

I didn't view your video about Marxism, but clearly there's been a political realignment in the last five years if non college educated Whites now believe that the Republican Party, long the political party of big business which has historically been opposed to unions and any form of a collective labor movement which just so happens to fight for the rights of people...like non college educated Whites, has switched sides and now supports workers as opposed to big business.

Having said that, perhaps you can answer a question for me...

Why would very educated wealthy people and big business continue to fund the GOP if they believed that the GOP's allegiance had shifted away from big business in favor of the labor class? The answer, of course, is that they would not.

So, the question is this: How can it be explained that Trump just hosted a big donor evening at Mar-a-Lago where the minimum donation was $400,000 which is a donation that is clearly beyond the reach of the working class. The answer is obvious to everyone except Trump's most ardent supporters who are rural uneducated Whites who believe that they've been forgotten and marginalized in the last couple of decades. It's because Trump has assured his big business donors that he still supports them and that his vocal support for the so-called 'forgotten Americans' is little more than pandering to the masses for votes. However, you can bet that verbal assurances alone would not sway these wealthy people without a more concrete assurance, and all Trump had to do was to point to the tax cut law passed in 2017 to prove where his true allegiance is. In case you need a reminder, Trump publicly stated on more than one occasion back in 2017 that his wealthy friends called him to beseech him not to sign that bill in to law as if it hurt them when, in reality, the tax cuts benefited the wealthy greatly while doing little to nothing for the working class whose rates actually went up.

That 2017 tax cut, known as the tax cut and jobs act, solidified for all time Trump's private life reputation as a con man.

Last edited:

Which is what you and the rest of the far Left want. Permanent one party rule.

Communism consistently fails yet communists persist in selling the same bill of goods. Venezuela is one country that insisted they were the ones to finally get Communism right.

To understand the origins and goals of the Democrat Communist Party you would have to look at the beginnings of the foundation, The Frankfurt Group. Year by year graduating class by graduating class communists have infiltrated every facit of American life. Political campaigns of Chesa Boudin, George Gascon, Kiesha Bottoms, many others have been bankrolled by George Soros.

Look into what's going on. You might even understand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Any questions ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

About Leftism being a Mental Disorder?

Folks you can't make this shit up.

WTF is happening when the left has to reach back three years to gin up anger related to the former president and pretend it's a political topic just when everyone is beginning to understand what a gigantic mess the Biden administration is.

Are you angry enough to take up arms against conservatives?

Forum List

Back