The new "Coming 2 America" movie review

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
With great anticipation I watched the new movie on Amazon Prime last night.
What a pathetic waste of time. On a 1 to 10 scale, I give it a big fat Zero.
The title of the movie should be changed to, "The Hood goes to Africa".
Sure there were a few of the old characters from the original "Coming to America" who made a cameo appearance.
But the cast of new characters devolve the once unique storyline into lame ghetto stereotypes that weren't the least bit funny or entertaining.
It's a comedy movie minus the comedy. ... :cool:

Last edited:
..it's ok for THEM to say the ''word''/stereotype/etc.....
...Murphy never impressed me...all he did was use foul language .....fake and shallow

I didn’t like the first one

I thought Coming 2 America was well done. I recommend it

I liked the original. This seems like it suffers from what every sequel suffers from...repetitious tiresome
unoriginality.

The original was just okay... the impressive parts was Hall and Murphy playing so many different characters.
Parts of it were pretty funny, but the romantic girl chasing was bleh

With great anticipation I watched the new movie on Amazon Prime last night.
What a pathetic waste of time. On a 1 to 10 scale, I give it a big fat Zero.
The title of the movie should be changed to, "The Hood goes to Africa".
Sure there were a few of the old characters from the original "Coming to America" who made a cameo appearance.
But the cast of new characters devolve the once unique storyline into lame ghetto stereotypes that weren't the least bit funny or entertaining.
It's a comedy movie minus the comedy. ... :cool:

I agree it was a bad movie. The one thing I was really surprised with was how low budget it was. I didn’t think it was unwatchable though

This seems like it suffers from what every sequel suffers from...repetitious tiresome
unoriginality.
I thought there was a witty, self-reflective, ironic line, where the young couple was talking about American movies, and they commented on sequels, and this point was observed. IMO? I think Murphy and Hall? Along with many of the other huge legendary black American movie stars that make cameo appearances, did this all for the money. . . They were all, probably just taking Bezos for a ride. :heehee:
I didn’t think it was unwatchable though

Ditto.

No way in hell I would ever, EVER pay for it though.

Watch it for free if y'all like. I did.

Coming 2 America​

(The music Murphy does at the end it interesting. I think we all sometimes forget, especially when you go to his YouTube Channel, that he is an accomplished musician. He shows off his talent again, at the end of the movie. :heehee:)

Eddie Murphy Was Crushed By A Rumor About Dave | Letterman​

Eddie talks about his music career, why he never came on Dave's show before, "Beverly Hills Cop and more. (Air date: 12/17/84)

Forum List

Back