The new armes forces BDUs (aka ABUs) - like/hate/other?

What do you think of the armed services' "new" uniforms?

• Like a lot

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Like somewhat

• Dislike somewhat

• Dislike a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (desc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bill5

Jul 26, 2011
Just wondering. I know they've been around for awhile, but I was one of the last to change over. Generally speaking I like that we FINALLY got away from the Vietnam-era BDUs which were frankly idiotic for several reasons - eg the shiny boots. ah military intelligence :rolleyes: Love these new suede or whatever they are on the new ones. Also love the no-ironing thing and none of this summer vs winter version bit.

Last edited:
If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm not interested in your opinion.

He does make a valid point. I know what you're referring to but I sure as hell won't vote on it because you haven't provided enough information for people to make an informed choice.

Grow the fuck up.

Since the recent repeal of DADT there is going to be another change to the uniforms.

They are to be designed by Armani and have a more tailored look to them.

And no more olive drab green or brown desert colors.

Now the uniforms will be in flamboyant colors like magenta are pink and of course with matching boots and other accessories. :cool:

Since the recent repeal of DADT there is going to be another change to the uniforms.

Now the uniforms will be in flamboyant colors like magenta are pink and of course with matching boots and other accessories. :cool:

The Carmen Miranda look, it'll be all the rage!

I can't speak for the Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coasties - but I can speak for the Nav. My thoughts?

Aboard ship -

Sailors belong in dungarees.

Once they make Chief, they belong in khakis.

I can't speak for the Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coasties - but I can speak for the Nav. My thoughts?

Aboard ship -

All I can say for the new Navy BDUs is don't fall overboard unless you're wearing an emergency locator beacon.

navy1-660x575.jpg

Last edited:

You brute!

I am not one to make rash decisions but when it comes to you I am watching to see how your posts pan out with what little I have come to know. If I catch you being disrespectful or purposefully difficult, I don't care if it is even toward someone I struggle with, I am going to be quite the bitch in return toward you.

While your name may indeed represent several different things, I am not a complete twit as to be dismissive or unreasonable with you.

And the Chiefs went ballistic when Khakis for E-6 and under were authorized.

083108nt_khaki_800.JPG

This is the only one I personally know of at the moment and it's for high school rotc. As for anything outside of that I'm not in a position to necessarily have an opinion. I am not the one wearing such.

I am not one to make rash decisions but when it comes to you I am watching to see how your posts pan out with what little I have come to know. If I catch you being disrespectful or purposefully difficult, I don't care if it is even toward someone I struggle with, I am going to be quite the bitch in return toward you.
Oh no, how will I get to sleep tonight knowing this?

:rolleyes:

I tend to give what I get. I got a snotty reply, so do the math.

You want to discuss things with me, fine. You want to instead have hissies and "be a bitch," fine. I really don't care. If you do the latter in the heat of a discussion it's no big, but if you do it just to make it personal and be a bitch, I'll simply ignore you as I do all bitches. In fact, if I bother you that much, simply put me on ignore. Wouldn't that be easier than trying to engage in childish little cat fights?

Have a nice day. Can we get back to the actual topic now?

Oh no, how will I get to sleep tonight knowing this?

:rolleyes:

I tend to give what I get. I got a snotty reply, so do the math.

You want to discuss things with me, fine. You want to instead have hissies and "be a bitch," fine. I really don't care. If you do the latter in the heat of a discussion it's no big, but if you do it just to make it personal and be a bitch, I'll simply ignore you as I do all bitches. In fact, if I bother you that much, simply put me on ignore. Wouldn't that be easier than trying to engage in childish little cat fights?

Have a nice day. Can we get back to the actual topic now?

Indeed...

For future reference it may be to your own best interest to inform potential voters the specifics and major details of the subject in which you expect for them to vote on. Don't leave it to the individual to do ALL the research for themselves...

Aboard ship -

All I can say for the new Navy BDUs is don't fall overboard unless you're wearing an emergency locator beacon.

WTF? x 2

Geeze, and everybody thought the Navy went to shit when Zoomy allowed beards and mustaches

Last edited:

Aboard ship -

WTF? x 2

Geeze, and everybody thought the Navy went to shit when Zoomy allowed beards and mustaches

Remember the blue and grey polyester blend work utilities with the ball cap? The officer style white slacks, button up shirt and cap with the pewter emblem for enlisted?

WTF? x 2

Remember the blue and grey polyester blend work utilities with the ball cap? The officer style white slacks, button up shirt and cap with the pewter emblem for enlisted?

Sadly, yes. I kept the polys as a back up when the ship's laundry was down or lost everybody's shit. Tossed the ball cap over the side and bought a ship's ball cap. The base commander at 32nd St. outlawed them as non regulation beyond the piers and a bunch of us had to go buy new uniform ball caps.

Forum List

Back