The new and “improved” USMB on the iPhone.

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
Often times the blinking cursor will be superimposed over an ad, so you can’t see what you are typing.
Any fixes in the pipeline?
65A8C1A8-020B-4BF2-9B78-2621D725966B.png

Often times the blinking cursor will be superimposed over an ad, so you can’t see what you are typing.
View attachment 335844
It's a mess. It's difficult to use on Android as well. The screen jumps around and you have to keep scrolling it to be able to see what you're typing.
I agree, the screen actually jumps and especially when i want to put an image the loading is very long sometimes, we see the loading at the bottom and after i try to post the screen jumps and once believe me or not i find myself in another thread while i posted :dunno:

The worst part of this “new and improved” format is expanding a quoted post:

View attachment 335877View attachment 335877
Have to keep scrolling down for miles and miles only seeing the same set of lines, then eventually see this:
View attachment 335878

That happens on my laptop, too. That's just laziness on the posters' part.

After so many times posters do that, it gets to the point that the only way that you can actually follow the conversation is to click on the 'expand' link, but then you have to scroll for five minutes. At least. And then it turns out it was a dumb post anyway. Like maybe someone just called the other feller a tard or something.

I agree, the screen actually jumps and especially when i want to put an image the loading is very long sometimes, we see the loading at the bottom and after i try to post the screen jumps and once believe me or not i find myself in another thread while i posted
yep, when I try to post an image other tabs pop up from below and my thumb hits "what's new" or "post thread" instead of pasting the image url... navigate back to the thread I wanted to post in... get taken to page 1 instead of the last page of the thread... scroll down past 20 messages to the reply box... post image verrrrry slowly so I don't get re-directed this time

the mobile version of USMB definitely tests one's patience

The worst part of this “new and improved” format is expanding a quoted post:

View attachment 335877View attachment 335877
Have to keep scrolling down for miles and miles only seeing the same set of lines, then eventually see this:
View attachment 335878

See the thread I posted tonight to remind folks to use "selective quoting" techniques. Rather than pounding the Reply button all the time.. I know I know -- message board software shouldn't ever do stupid shit like this.. But it crept in and Xenforo is not being super helpful about it...

View attachment 335844

Guess I'm gonna have to go mobile and play with it.. But lemme understand this.. You cannot simply scroll in the edit box PAST that point where the cursor is?? Or type a few "returns" and get the cursor to move?

Mobile doesn't do complex things well.. Touch screen user interfaces dont have simple scroll bars and devices that navigate multi-segmented pages as well as notebooks or desktops..

Depending on whether other "big mobile" members have ideas or similar experiences, best I can do is flag this thread for the IT staff and have them maybe toss a comment or two....

Do you have the pages "zoomed up" a lot??? If you OVERSTRETCH the visual extent by zooming, some elements ELSEWHERE out of the field tend to LEAP into places that they dont belong..

Another failure of mobile is the amount of information you can HAVE on the tiny screens -- be able to READ IT and STILL be able to hit all the touch zones.. If your field of view is truncated by "too much zoom" -- strange shit happens all the time..

Forum List

Back