The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

antiquity

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2012
Northwest Peninsula
I watched the Seahawk/Chargers game last night and was amazed at the large amount of Seahawk fans at the game...with a stadium of only 27-29K seats it is a sad day for NFL football in Los Angles. The stadium was only about 3/4 full for the Chargers game and a lot appeared were Seattle fans.

I wonder if a buyer will come forward and buy the Charger franchise and move the team to a more supportive city.

This is exactly what I said would happen.:lmao: I said way back during football season that the Chargers would have the exact same problem the Rams experienced when they moved to st louis.

Other than the Warner/Faulk years in st louis,the Rams the majority of their time in st louis for 22 years,always had a half empty stadium with the few fans that did show up always being from the opposing team.:lmao: Thats what will continue to happen with the chargers as well..It has nothing to do with being a preseason game.:D

It was a sad day indeed for NFL football in Los Angeles for the Chargers thats for sure,theres no doubt about that.:biggrin:

I dont know why it amazes you that most the fans there were Seahawk fans.

there are no Charger fans in LA whatsoever.This is exactly what I expected to see in the stands because most Charger fans in san diego that were polled,to their credit,they said they would not go up there to LA and watch them and I commend them for their loyalty to their city.:thup:

I said this last spring and I'll say it again.Bringing in another NFL football team in LA other than the Rams is suicide for the NFL.

I think everybody here can agree two teams in LA has NEVER worked. The NFL never pays attention to history of course though.

LA is Rams country.They could care less about the Chargers OR Raiders.Last year when the Rams had their first preseason game,as you can see in this pic below,it was a packed house,not an empty seat in the house.

14034975_10153625379745981_4256356311572215270_n.jpg

Contrast this to the Chargers game in this pic below.:lmao:Looks like the NFL is too embarrassed to post any pics of the tiny turnout at the Chargers game because this is the ONLY pic I could find. these are LOWER level seats and yet very few bodies in them.same as the Rams days in st louis.:rofl::lmao:

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

"ALSO" contrast this preseason game in LA against the Seahawks against the Seahawks/Chargers home opener in SAN DIEGO two years ago.as you see in the video below,a packed house,not one empty seat and the majority were not Seahawk fans either.:D

I have a hard time believing that after this season when Spanos finds that only about 20,000 fans show up for each game all year ,that he will be so embarrassed he will want to go back to San Diego in a heartbeat.:rofl:

In this video below in the link NFL on twitter,you see some Seahawk fans in the stands celebrating after intercepting Rivers for a touchdown.I cant find it now but I also saw a picture of the fans in the stands of this interception and i could tell the majority of them were all jumping up and down celebrating which proves the majority that showed up were indeed Seahawk fans.:haha::lmao::rofl:

NFL on Twitter

Last edited:
check this out below.:D

Despite the fact that it's only preseason, when teams move there's usually a certain buzz around a team's first game in a new stadium. The Los Angeles Chargers' move, however, has been controversial from the jump. For their preseason opener on Sunday night, 21,054 fans went to the StubHub Center (which has a capacity of 27,000) to see the Chargers get routed by the Seahawks. For comparison, the Los Angeles Galaxy of the MLS had 25,667 in attendance the previous night.:lmao:

the number of no-shows Sunday night seemed stark considering that StubHub is less than half the size of every other NFL stadium and the Chargers, with a high-powered offense, were playing their first game in a new city after moving from San Diego.:lmao::rofl::haha:

The smallest crowd the Chargers drew in Qualcomm Stadium last season was 52,165 for their home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars. They drew 46,524 and 47,407 for preseason home games against the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

52,165 for the pitiful Jaguars and 47,407 for the pitiful Niners as well in PRE SEASON games?

Thats pretty impressive especially considering that last year everybody knew they were leaving them.:thup:

I mentioned that there are no charger fans in LA which is why they will always have the same problem all year long the Rams always had in st louis,a half empty stadium with most fans being from the opposing team.:lmao::rofl:

Here is the proof.When the LA Times polled NFL fans in LA what team they wanted back the most these were the results,these results also happened in a nationwide poll by ESPN as well.

1.Rams came in first with 60% of the vote.
2.Raiders came in 2nd with 35%.
3.Chargers? third place with just a mere 5% of the vote.:rofl:

Even the Raiders always had half empty stadiums there only attracting gang members which was why the NFL did not want them as the second team there but they at least have MUCH more fans than the Chargers there.:lmao:

Last edited:
A sad day indeed when Spanos loaded up the U-Hauls and moved the Chargers out of San Diego up to LA. After his big fuck you to the fans in San Diego, I wonder if they would welcome the franchise back or would it have to return under new ownership?

A sad day indeed when Spanos loaded up the U-Hauls and moved the Chargers out of San Diego up to LA. After his big fuck you to the fans in San Diego, I wonder if they would welcome the franchise back or would it have to return under new ownership?

Yeah I think the only way the Charger fans in san diego would ever welcome them back is if Dean sold the team to his sons.They after all wanted to stay in san diego.

Unless spanos doesnt care about small crowds of only 20,000 or so for games and only 5,000 of them being charger fans,I dont know WHY he would want to stay there in LA.I mean WHY would you want to stay in LA and have crowds like THIS at all your games all year long every year?

Smaller stadium,Smaller crowds,Same result.
20799556_10155232682592713_7147653484480542278_n.jpg

20767748_1555101957879878_5507498118614117802_n.jpg

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

when you can have THIS in San Diego all year long in these two pics below?:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Yeah I think the only way the Charger fans in san diego would ever welcome them back is if Dean sold the team to his sons.They after all wanted to stay in san diego.

Unless spanos doesnt care about small crowds of only 20,000 or so for games and only 5,000 of them being charger fans,I dont know WHY he would want to stay there in LA.I mean WHY would you want to stay in LA and have crowds like THIS at all your games all year long every year?

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

when you can have THIS in San Diego all year long in these two pics below?:cuckoo:

I was a huge fan of the San Diego Chargers. They were my favorite team growing up because they passed the ball and had bad ass receivers like Lance Alworth and Gary Garrison and their uniforms were bad ass. I don't see any way that Los Angeles will ever support them. I think this move will end up biting them in the ass in a big way.

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

I was a huge fan of the San Diego Chargers. They were my favorite team growing up because they passed the ball and had bad ass receivers like Lance Alworth and Gary Garrison and their uniforms were bad ass. I don't see any way that Los Angeles will ever support them. I think this move will end up biting them in the ass in a big way.

Yeah like I said earlier I have a hard time believing that spanos after seeing all those empty seats at all those games wont want to go back to san diego in a heartbeat after this season.Lol If he doesn't,well i guess he actually doesn't care about empty seats.

that is so cool to hear that the chargers were your favorite team growing up.:thup: Like you said so well,they uniforms were bad ass.:thup: If not for the Rams,thwy would have been my favorite team growing up as well but the Rams uniforms in LA were even more bad ass so they were my fave. the chargers were my second favorite though because their uniform colors are the same.they were both bad ass though with the yellow pants they always wore.:):thup:

check out these 2 short videos,this is comedy gold,this guy nails it saying exactly what i said how last year the Rams filled a 90.000 seat stadium with not an empty seat in the house and the chargers could not even fill a 27,000 seat stadium with just a mere 20,000 that turned out.:haha:

Last edited:
Sorry to report that Offensive lineman George Fant went down with a major injury. The Hawks can ill afford any injuries to offensive linemen. Other wise the Hawk looked reasonable well in the game against the Vikings who will probably challenge the Packers in the NFL North. I am really excited about Williams at WR...impressive over the first two preseason games.
I have three concerns so far that I have seen though...one: Offensive line still weak. Two: defensive backs having trouble with the long pass and Three: lack of a pass rush.

Your thoughts and observations so far....

Sorry to report that Offensive lineman George Fant went down with a major injury. The Hawks can ill afford any injuries to offensive linemen. Other wise the Hawk looked reasonable well in the game against the Vikings who will probably challenge the Packers in the NFL North. I am really excited about Williams at WR...impressive over the first two preseason games.
I have three concerns so far that I have seen though...one: Offensive line still weak. Two: defensive backs having trouble with the long pass and Three: lack of a pass rush.

Your thoughts and observations so far....
Hope the Seachix don't have the injury bug. Hit the Vikes really bad last season. Always hate to see injuries like this in pointless preseason games.

I agree about the injuries...and about the injuries in preseason games, I think since the coaching staff knows who will start the regular season before the preseason starts. The preseason games only settle who the back ups will be and I think elimination of two preseason games would be in order....Look according to rules over the past few seasons preseason practice tackling isn't even permitted.

Wasn't the lack of attendance/interest in LA the reason the Chargers left LA and moved to San Diego in the first place? Isn't it the same reasons the Rams fled to St Louis 20 some odd years ago?

Wasn't the lack of attendance/interest in LA the reason the Chargers left LA and moved to San Diego in the first place? Isn't it the same reasons the Rams fled to St Louis 20 some odd years ago?

Those are fair questions.:thup:

To answer them,the first question is true.Second one is not.could not be further from the truth.

Here are the facts for question one.
1.The lack of attendance/interest in LA for Chargers games was for sure the reason they did leave LA for san diego after being there for one year. The Chargers could not compete with the Rams in attendance.The Rams dominated the market.

Despite being a playoff team and winning the division with a winning record of 8-4 and making it to the AFC title game,the Chargers average attendance per game that season was just 14,000. Many times they could only fill about 10% of the seating capacity in the LA coliseum.

That same season,the Rams had the same record but was on the losing side going 4-8 yet their average crowds they drew were around 77,000 which was impressive especially back then when baseball was americas favorite pastime and football took a back seat to it.That was the average attendance around the NFL. The majority of the time the Rams were in LA,they were always in the top five in league attendance.

Dont take my word for it on those attendance numbers for the rams and chargers,you can look it up and see for yourself.:)

Here is an article from Chargers owner Barron Hiltons interview to the LA TIMES back then talking how he could not compete with the Rams in attendance and why he needed the move to SD.:)

San Diego Chargers have long history of flirting with Los Angeles move

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Chargers sometimes filled just ten percent of capacity at The Coliseum in 1960 — their first and only season in the city.

As Jack Wang noted, here’s what former Chargers owner Barron Hilton said about the Rams and Chargers playing in the same stadium:

“There’s no doubt in my mind that we’ve got to get out of Los Angeles. We can’t compete in the same market with the Rams. A lot of cities would like to have us. . . . I’d prefer to put the club in San Diego.”

Facts for question two.
2. As I said before,the majority of the time the Rams were in LA they were always in the top five in league attendance.They even set a record for the highest attended game in NFL history that has yet to be broken.

It actually wasnt until the early 90's that the Rams started having attendance problems and that was not because of the lack of interest in the Rams but because they hated the OWNER of the team.She was a bitch.She was smart in one way though.

She was a showgirl from st louis,so she intentionally gutted the team trading away their great players Eric Dickerson,all pro Kevin Greene,pro bowler and future hall of famer Toby Harrah still in his prime and many other talented players so they would be a crappy team and the fans would hate her so much they would stop showing up for games and she would get her wish to move the team to her hometown in st louis and claim she to the fellow owners she had such bad fan support she needed to move them. It worked because like i said,the fans stopped showing up for games because they hated the OWNER of the team,not because of the poor play on the field.the fans BEGGED her to sell the team and she refused.:mad: she is burning in hell right now along with Al Davis and Dean Spanos will later join them.

whats funny is the tables have been turned on for the fans in st louis because Kroneke did EXACTLY what that bitch Georgia Frontiere did.He was never serious about winning in st louis.He knew first hand from living in st louis how the fans there are fair weather fans,how they wont support losers so he hired the worst coach in the world possible which was the reason he kept him for so long in st louis.:D

But now that he is in LA,he is NOW trying to win as he has proven with the firing of Fisher and the hiring of offensive minded Sean Mcvey to tutor Jared Goff and by going out and getting a legitimate number one reciever and home run threat in Sammy Watkins.:thup:

It wont happen all of s sudden this year that they have a winning record of course,they are still rebuilding but at least now that they are in LA,Kroneke has proven he is serious about winning.:thup: a couple of years from now,i see them being a playoff contender.

Last edited:
The Rams moving to Stank Louis was the most retarded thing in the world to be allowed by the NFL and the Chargers going to LA is right up there with them..Economists correctly back then said that was a horrible mistake to make leaving the second biggest media market in the country for a small no name hicktown .:rolleyes: what a joke.

The city never even wanted them. The first year they were there,and the last SEVERAL years they were there in stank louis,this is what the crowds ALWAYS looked like at all their games.Thats what the st louis papers would always claim was rocking the dome.:rofl::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

526193_10151118487880981_813277931_n.jpg

10606215_1471924763079217_8664616694931188706_n.jpg

This was a game against the Vikings a few years ago.If not for the Viking fans that showed up,you would have only like 5,000 fans in the place,no joke.the majority were viking fans.:lmao:

I went to stank louis one year,their last year there to see your Seahawks,a division rival and a team that has been in back to back superbowls.same thing,I looked around and it looked like there were no more than 20,000 people in the stands with 15,000 of them being Seahawks fans for the HOME OPENER no less.:lmao:

well that it what is going to go on year after year in LA for the chargers as well.this rivals that move as the most asinine move in NFL history.:rolleyes:

There is a REASON the Rams survived in LA for over 50 years.The majority of their time in LA,it was not uncommon at all to see crowds like this over the five decades they were there.:) Neither the Chargers OR Raiders were ever embraced in LA,nobody cared about them.They DID however LOVE the Rams as evidence in these pics in videos below.

This pretty much debunks the myth that LA does not love the Rams. they only dont like the Raiders and Chargers.:biggrin:you wont find ONE EMPTY SEAT in any of these videos or pics in these games played in LA of Rams games.

13903202_10153617266340981_8567173648073823974_n.jpg

12522923_10153186645440981_316798932467506546_n.jpg

11863445_10152926757965981_4184734366658901418_n.jpg

10268497_10152227286170981_1405492854074756648_n.jpg

1186826_10151595321420981_957641037_n.jpg

404956_10151244863725981_2113127440_n.png

20061_279954290980_1896777_n.jpg

Last edited:
God the NFL owners are the biggest morons in the world.Two teams in LA has NEVER worked,never will,they seem to be in denial on that.:rolleyes:

They are too stupid to understand obviously that just because it works in new york doesnt mean it will ever work in LA.:rolleyes: they have the population to support two teams but they only have passion for the Rams cause they have the history there. what the morons in the NFL dont get is two teams will never work in LA because unlike New York where they got nothing better to do that watch football,,they already have UCLA and USC they support so anything more than one team the Rams,will NEVER work and has and will always be a major disater that will explode on them.:rolleyes::rolleyes-41::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I sure am thankful that it was the chargers as the second team as i always said it would be because having the raiders in LA would split the Rams fanbase down the middle and hurt them drastically where the chargers are no threat to them EVEN if they win as history proves.:up:

one final thing on this,talking about how the Raiders were never embraced in LA the whole time they were there,the Raiders have a national cult following and even THEY bombed horribly in LA. The support was so terrible for the Raiders in LA with half empty stadiums all the time even when they were great as i just got done showing,that the whole time they were in LA,they were NEVER on Monday night Football where the Rams were many times in the 1970's when they played at the Coliseum because they always drew packed crowds like the ones in my pics i posted.

Lets see,the Raiders who have a national following yet bombed in LA and drew so badly they were never on monday night football as a result,they bombed in LA yet the owners allowed a team that has only a 5% fanbase in LA much worse than the Raiders to come to LA? whats wrong with this picture? how can these owners be so stupid,do they not even care about them having so many empty seats for charger games or what? does Spanos even care?:cuckoo:

Here is a great excellent article on WHY the Chargers will never be embraced in LA EVEN if they win.could not have said it better myself.:thup:

An Open Letter To Los Angeles Rams Fans
Here are many reasons.

The first and foremost is that the Chargers belong in San Diego.

2.For all their efforts after one year, they fled L.A. for the greener pastures of San Diego — L.A. already had a professional football team: the Rams.

So now the Chargers come waltzing back to Los Angeles after 50 years away. They argue that they can win the fight for L.A. by earning it; however, Chargers’ ownership is naïve to think by moving 200 miles up the coast, Angelenos will simply drop their love affair with the Rams for carpetbaggers.

3.Los Angeles will always be a Rams town.

4.The Rams were the first team to move west, the first team to win a professional sports championship for Los Angeles,.

5.What have the Chargers ever done for the city of Los Angeles? Nothing. Instead, they left our city after one season.

6.The Rams remain the “soul” of Los Angeles, embraced by Los Angeles’ other most beloved symbol of life in the most beautiful city in America: “Hollywood.”

It’s time for Rams fans to let the Chargers know that they’re mere pretenders of the throne and will never succeed in Los Angeles.:beer::up::happy-1::happy-1::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I watched the Seahawk/Chargers game last night and was amazed at the large amount of Seahawk fans at the game...with a stadium of only 27-29K seats it is a sad day for NFL football in Los Angles. The stadium was only about 3/4 full for the Chargers game and a lot appeared were Seattle fans.

I wonder if a buyer will come forward and buy the Charger franchise and move the team to a more supportive city.

Only talking about this again since the Chargers were mentioned in the OP here. To bad the city of LA cant do this,that would be great.:up:

21077569_10154602109670981_1045543208121980926_n.jpg

Back to this being a Seahawk thread.....Last pre-season game for the Seahawks tonight. Hope no one gets hurt. I am sure the starters won't play for long if at all.

Now that the drama is over and Saturday night we (the fans) will know who is on the finally rooster (I have a feeling the coaching staff has known for about a month give or take a players or two) Seattle went undefeated in the preseason.... but as we know that doesn't mean squat....in 2008 the Detroit Lions was undefeated in the preseason and lost all 16 games in the regular season.

Now my concerns with a few items....
My #1 one concern is lack of discipline on both sides of the ball is aggravating, too many stupid penalties.
Welsh is not a adequate kicking replacement as he has trouble with kick offs, too many kicks are returned and few are for touch backs or out of the end zone.
Pass rush and run defense is weak at times especially on 3rd down.
Offense line while at time is/has improved it seems at the worst time to fall flat. Maybe its Wilson who at time seems like a deer in the head lights.
Running backs...hard to tell at this time because of injuries to starters, but Collins is not the answer as a adequate backup...run up and fall down is not going to cut it.
Griffin as starter over Lane is strange...Griffin was picked apart in the preseason.
As of last year I still have a problem with the offensive play calling by Bevell.

Now I know why Griffin was picked over Lane...Lane is considered trade bait.
Not real surprised that Austin Davis will be backup...Boykin was/is pick prone.
I was surprised that Williams was cut...he made some spectacular catches in the pre-season. I hope he is put on the taxi squad.

Some interesting trades and I hope they pan out....Kearse had a so-so season last year so I guess he was expendable.
Rubin was expendable because of the acquisition of Sheldon Richardson.

Forum List

Back