The new "4400" TV show - a woke wet dream

ProfessorHawthorne

Mar 22, 2021
About 10 or 15 years ago, there was a show called The 4400 on USA network (back when USA actually had its own programming). My wife and I watched it, as initially, it was a pretty good sci-fi show.
Last weekend, I was perusing the channel guide on the Tivo for something new on my OTA channels. I found "4400" on the CW. Yeah, I know, not the best place to find programming for an old geezer like me. Anyway, it was a premiere and the description sounded like the original somewhat. So, I recorded it. We watched it last night.

I checked the credits at the end to see if it was a joint NAACP/BLM production. So far, all the prominent characters are black and not to worry, some of them are indeed gay. And yes, we already have white security people mistreating the prominent black characters. It can only get "better" from here. I guess at some point they will introduce some Hispanic characters so that they can be mistreated also. Since most of these people are from the past, I'm sure we'll get lessons on previous transgressions. It is a woke wet dream.

Cheers

About 10 or 15 years ago, there was a show called The 4400 on USA network (back when USA actually had its own programming). My wife and I watched it, as initially, it was a pretty good sci-fi show.
Last weekend, I was perusing the channel guide on the Tivo for something new on my OTA channels. I found "4400" on the CW. Yeah, I know, not the best place to find programming for an old geezer like me. Anyway, it was a premiere and the description sounded like the original somewhat. So, I recorded it. We watched it last night.

I checked the credits at the end to see if it was a joint NAACP/BLM production. So far, all the prominent characters are black and not to worry, some of them are indeed gay. And yes, we already have white security people mistreating the prominent black characters. It can only get "better" from here. I guess at some point they will introduce some Hispanic characters so that they can be mistreated also. Since most of these people are from the past, I'm sure we'll get lessons on previous transgressions. It is a woke wet dream.

Cheers

I tried watching it years ago. I could not get though the pilot. I got to the point when the cop character was giving one of the young victims a hard time, blaming him for the incident.

Too stupid to deal with.

How offensive is it that a show would actually have black, Hispanics, Gays, even Asians

Dont they realize these shows are supposed to be about white people?

Didn't see any of that series, but nowadays the new series have unrealistically brilliant, powerful women as leads while the guys are all written as stupid shits.

"La Brea" (sucks) and the Netflix' "Lost In Space" come immediately to mind.

Cheers

The ratings will reflect the popularity of the show. Remember the Ghostbusters remake?

The next step is, of course, for leftist regimes like Biden's to subsidize movies and TV that no one likes, but sticks to the agenda (think PBS/NPR, but on a Hollywood scale).

LOL

How offensive is it that a show would actually have black, Hispanics, Gays, even Asians

I know - what's wrong with these people. The great liberal cry that TV and movies should better reflect society! Blacks make up about 14.2% and gays around 0.6% of the population. A little basic math tells us that about one black person among 6 white people should be about right. Maybe about a half of one gay person per 99 straight folks would satisfy the requirement. I guess we will continue in "reparation mode" for the near future - you know, making up for all our previous transgressions by skewing the societal "reflection".

Also, I learned from watching commercials that white people no longer shop at Target and only black folks buy SUVs and oh, white guys no longer marry white girls and have kids. I had totally missed the boat on that.

Cheers

I know - what's wrong with these people. The great liberal cry that TV and movies should better reflect society! Blacks make up about 14.2% and gays around 0.6% of the population. A little basic math tells us that about one black person among 6 white people should be about right. Maybe about a half of one gay person per 99 straight folks would satisfy the requirement. I guess we will continue in "reparation mode" for the near future - you know, making up for all our previous transgressions by skewing the societal "reflection".

Also, I learned from watching commercials that white people no longer shop at Target and only black folks buy SUVs and oh, white guys no longer marry white girls and have kids. I had totally missed the boat on that.

Cheers

OMG! :ack-1:
Poor oppressed white people

Ever see mixed race couples on TV :ack-1:

mst3k-logo.jpg

Negroes and Beaners and Gays……Oh My!
Negroes and Beaners and Gays….Oh My!

You missed the point. And yes, I think you know you did.

I watched David Letterman show on Netflix this morning and Dave Chappelle was his guest.
It wasn't long at all, minutes, before Letterman starts talking about race, slavery. George Floyd.
Why?
Because Chappelle is black.
They ended up spending at least a third of their time talking about blacks.
I found myself wishing I was in the audience and I could ask Chappelle "Do you ever get tired of interviews with white people and every time they bring up your race?"

Didn't see any of that series, but nowadays the new series have unrealistically brilliant, powerful women as leads while the guys are all written as stupid shits.

"La Brea" (sucks) and the Netflix' "Lost In Space" come immediately to mind.
I wanted La Brea to be worthwhile but it is typical Hollywood network woke shit. It even has its queers.

Not worth watching.

Hell they make everything now with blacks. Annie, the wonder years, highway to heaven, Cinderella, and a whole lot more.

But you never see black movies or shows made with white people.

Everytime now I see something remade with all blacks I instantly lose interest.

I don't watch any TV shows or movies any more with woke diversity. They are sickening.

I'm watch a lot less nowadays and I am not missing much.

Hell they make everything now with blacks. Annie, the wonder years, highway to heaven, Cinderella, and a whole lot more.

But you never see black movies or shows made with white people.

Everytime now I see something remade with all blacks I instantly lose interest.
It is not inclusion and used in sense. It is dominance and not the norm.

Forum List

Back