The Needed Addition to the President's Job Plan - Made in America

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
The President's plan is a good one. It's chock full of things that should make both sides happy...the key to compromise.

I do believe, however, that it is missing a key provision...that all infrastructure projects carry the "Made in America" label.

Solar panels and steel can't be bought from China. No outsourcing labor. Put AMERICANS back to work using AMERICAN products.

Which party, d'ya think, would give the most pushback on such a provision?

The President's plan is a good one. It's chock full of things that should make both sides happy...the key to compromise.

I do believe, however, that it is missing a key provision...that all infrastructure projects carry the "Made in America" label.

Solar panels and steel can't be bought from China. No outsourcing labor. Put AMERICANS back to work using AMERICAN products.

Another addition would be a way to pay for it that doesn't further discourage job creators.

Another addition would be a way to pay for it that doesn't further discourage job creators.

Sorry, but to push the meme that raising taxes on the wealthy hurts job creation, you would have to completely ignore the 50s and the 90s.

Taxes were higher under Reagan for pity sake...

Sorry, but to push the meme that raising taxes on the wealthy hurts job creation, you would have to completely ignore the 50s and the 90s.

Is that becuase Barry Sotero told you they were?

Idiot....

How much global pressure were our products and services under then compared to now?

It was difficult to pick up and move in the 50s, now it's almost an overnight job.

Idiot....

Yeah, he called me last night and we chatted. Fortunately, he provided actual data...

For seven of Reagan’s eight years in office, the top tax rate was higher than the current 35 percent. In six of those years, it was 50 percent or more. And every year that Regan was in office, the bottom tax bracket was higher than the current ten percent.

For a family of four, the “average income tax rate under Reagan in 1983 was 11.06 percent. Under Clinton in 1992, it was 9.18 percent. And under Obama in 2010, it was 4.68 percent.” During Reagan’s time, income tax revenue ranged from 7.8 to 9.4 percent of GDP. Last year, it was 6.2 percent and is not projected to climb back to 9 percent until 2016. In fact, in 2009, Americans paid their lowest taxes in 60 years.

Douche...

How much global pressure were our products and services under then compared to now?

It was difficult to pick up and move in the 50s, now it's almost an overnight job.

It was an "overnight" job in the 90s too. Raising taxes didn't hurt job creation then did it?

Now, back to "Made in America"...

I do believe "Made in America" bills have been introduced before...who introduced them? What stopped them?

This new stimulus gives each state about 2 billion. The funds just like last time will be diverted to pay for projects already underway.

This is just another union payoff.

This new stimulus gives each state about 2 billion. The funds just like last time will be diverted to pay for projects already underway.

The mistake with the last stimulus was in allowing governors to plug their deficits with it (ahem, Rick Perry). It is my understanding that the jobs bill money could only be used for actual "shovel ready" projects.

Idiot....

Yeah, he called me last night and we chatted. Fortunately, he provided actual data...

For seven of Reagan’s eight years in office, the top tax rate was higher than the current 35 percent. In six of those years, it was 50 percent or more. And every year that Regan was in office, the bottom tax bracket was higher than the current ten percent.

For a family of four, the “average income tax rate under Reagan in 1983 was 11.06 percent. Under Clinton in 1992, it was 9.18 percent. And under Obama in 2010, it was 4.68 percent.” During Reagan’s time, income tax revenue ranged from 7.8 to 9.4 percent of GDP. Last year, it was 6.2 percent and is not projected to climb back to 9 percent until 2016. In fact, in 2009, Americans paid their lowest taxes in 60 years.

Douche...

Barry aint no Reagan - hell, he ain't no Carter for that matter.

Put your nose back into Barry's ass now

link?

Idiot....

Douche...

Awww, facts hurt your feelings?

You're right though...President Obama is no Reagan. He hasn't raised the debt ceiling 17 times, taxes 11, granted amnesty to millions of illegals or sold arms to Iran.

Douche...

You're right though...President Obama is no Reagan. He hasn't raised the debt ceiling 17 times, taxes 11, granted amnesty to millions of illegals or sold arms to Iran.

How does Barry's ass taste ?

Douche...

nor is Obama back stabiing anti-labor president

How does Barry's ass taste ?

Can't argue the facts can ya, sad sack? Oh, and the President's ass is d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.

How's that spoiled Reagan ass? :lol:

It was an "overnight" job in the 90s too. Raising taxes didn't hurt job creation then did it?

I do believe "Made in America" bills have been introduced before...who introduced them? What stopped them?

When Clinton raised taxes it was pretty obvious a recovery was well under way. That sure isn't the case today.
Inflation was low, energy costs were low, not involved in as many global conflicts, the dot com boom was on, lots of differences between even the 90s and now.
I contend the 90s would've been even better (for all but the useless) than it was had it not been for the Clinton tax increases.

Made in America is great, and I try to as much as I can, but legislating the tax payer buy overpriced union products is something I don't support.

When Clinton raised taxes it was pretty obvious a recovery was well under way. That sure isn't the case today.
Inflation was low, energy costs were low, not involved in as many global conflicts, the dot com boom was on, lots of differences between even the 90s and now.
I contend the 90s would've been even better (for all but the useless) than it was had it not been for the Clinton tax increases.

Made in America is great, and I try to as much as I can, but legislating the tax payer buy overpriced union products is something I don't support.

Raising taxes on the upper 2% of Americans isn't going to hurt recovery. Cutting social safety nets WILL. Nothing in history supports your contention.

You Marxists love rummaging through others' wallets don't ya?

:lol:

Raising taxes on the upper 2% of Americans isn't going to hurt recovery. Cutting social safety nets WILL. Nothing in history supports your contention.

Yes, everybody knows that spending more money and taxing the shit out of 2% of the popualtion will fix everything.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back