The Natural, Butch Reed, has passed

Modern day is not bad. WWE has people like Rhonda Rousey training some of there people. So they know a lot of moves but lately they rely too much on following the story line. Heres another good one with Buddy Colt vs. Dory Funk for the NWA title.

Modern day is not bad. WWE has people like Rhonda Rousey training some of there people. So they know a lot of moves but lately they rely too much on following the story line. Heres another good one with Buddy Colt vs. Dory Funk for the NWA title.

i raise you...

EvzyzzGXEAA2qhE

I still miss Rowdy Roddy Piper (Roderick Toombs) The kilt and bagpipe thing was a cool schtick. Especially funny when he shot the occasional beaver on Piper's Pit :lol:

On July 31, 2015, Toombs died in his sleep at the age of 61 at his summer residence in Hollywood, California.[149] His death certificate cites a cardiopulmonary arrest caused by hypertension, listing a pulmonary embolism as a contributing factor; TMZreported this as a heart attack caused by the embolism.[150][151][152] Toombs' long-time friend Bruce Prichard revealed on his podcast that he received a voicemail from Piper the night of his death. In the message, Piper indicated that he had not been feeling well and that he would be going to sleep it off.​
News of his death broke minutes before the Hall of Heroes dinner to cap off the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Legends FanFest in Charlotte, North Carolina, where about 600 current and former wrestling personalities and fans had gathered. He received a ten-bell salute after the planned salute to fellow former professional wrestler Dusty Rhodes, who had died the previous month.[153] Another ten-bell salute was given at the beginning of the August 3, 2015 episode of Raw.[154]
WWE CEO Vince McMahon said, "Roddy Piper was one of the most entertaining, controversial and bombastic performers ever in WWE, beloved by millions of fans around the world. I extend my deepest condolences to his family."[151] Film director John Carpenter said, "Devastated to hear the news of my friend Roddy Piper's passing today. He was a great wrestler, a masterful entertainer and a good friend."[151]
In an HBO Real Sports interview conducted by Piper in 2003, he had predicted that he was "not going to make 65" because of his poor health, and that he made his 2003 return to WWE because he could not access his pension fund until reaching the age of 65.[155]
Toombs was cremated and his ashes were scattered at his home in Gaston, Oregon.​

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back