The name is bobcollum

bobcollum

Rookie
Sep 1, 2011
where I'm located
Hello usmessageboard.com, I'm bobcollum.

Maybe someone here will recognize me from somewhere, but I highly doubt it. I've been surfing the political webs since around 2003 and as much as it drives me crazy sometimes I keep coming back for more. I try to be thoughtful and respectful to people since I expect the same for myself from others. I'm in my 30's and the product of a Libertarian father and a mother that if she had been a political junkie, would have been towards the left. You could and probably will call me a liberal, and I guess I am though I know nothing is perfect, including a political philosophy. I've never voted for a Democrat or a Republican in a presidential election, I'm an independent/third-party supporter in a big way. I like regulations, but I understand things with an original set of good intentions can become what it was designed to fight against, as size and complexity breed disorder. Politics and everything that comes with it is complicated, and more often than not consists of people arguing about which opinion is better. I believe informed and active civic participation is absolutely vital to the Constitution serving a useful purpose, and the lack of that is why we are where we are today.

I regularly vote for Ralph Nader, and I admire Ron Paul to a certain degree. I probably won't fit many generalizations(maybe a couple), so please don't bother.

I live in Massachusetts and I don't like long walks on the beach, since my ears tend to catch a lot of wind. I look forward to talking to you schmohawks in the future, and thanks for having me. :razz:

Last edited:
Hello Bob, welcome to the forum. We got a coffee shop. I haven't been there yet but I seen a few posts it seems very quaint and friendly. Maybe the hostess will be by to welcome you to the forum and give you a personal invite.

Maybe someone here will recognize me from somewhere, but I highly doubt it. I've been surfing the political webs since around 2003 and as much as it drives me crazy sometimes I keep coming back for more. I try to be thoughtful and respectful to people since I expect the same for myself from others. I'm in my 30's and the product of a Libertarian father and a mother that if she had been a political junkie, would have been towards the left. You could and probably will call me a liberal, and I guess I am though I know nothing is perfect, including a political philosophy. I've never voted for a Democrat or a Republican in a presidential election, I'm an independent/third-party supporter in a big way. I like regulations, but I understand things with an original set of good intentions can become what it was designed to fight against, as size and complexity breed disorder. Politics and everything that comes with it is complicated, and more often than not consists of people arguing about which opinion is better. I believe informed and active civic participation is absolutely vital to the Constitution serving a useful purpose, and the lack of that is why we are where we are today.

I regularly vote for Ralph Nader, and I admire Ron Paul to a certain degree. I probably won't fit many generalizations(maybe a couple), so please don't bother.

I live in Massachusetts and I don't like long walks on the beach, since my ears tend to catch a lot of wind. I look forward to talking to you schmohawks in the future, and thanks for having me. :razz:

Hey Bob. Are you sure you didn't misspell Gollum? Just askin'.

Welcome!
:D

Your leanings and label will be coming shortly. What entitlements do you currently enjoy?

Greetings and Welcome.

I am new to the board myself.

I hope it works out for you.

But, I am also hoping Scott Brown stays.

Greetings and Welcome.

I am new to the board myself.

I hope it works out for you.

But, I am also hoping Scott Brown stays.

Thanks...to be honest, I don't dislike Scott Brown that much(aside from his support of the Patriot Act), but Warren is someone that I trust and respect quite a bit. If you don't know much about her, you should check some of her interviews on youtube. She's more honest and forthright than your average status quo politician, and she has a track record of being for middle-class Americans something that I think is vital and should be a prerequisite for a congressperson. She will go after the people that rip us off. That's why she wasn't made director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Republicans threw out some road spikes.

Senate Republicans Block Prospect of Warren

Last edited:
polls_retard_3424_939800_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

.............WHO GIVES A SHIT???:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back