CDZ The Most Important Four Words in Politics

Read the fucking Constitution.

How about you try reading it, and try to imagine how the different people are supposed to represent their constituents and do what it is you think they are supposed to do.

How do they agree to write legislation - how does that work?

Was it the secretaries who were supposed to write the legislation for the legislator to vote on???

Is that in the Constitution???

If you would have taken the time to actually read and understand what the Constitution says. . . Maybe you wouldn't have so many questions about it.

One can argue that government agencies need reforms, but government in itself is not the problem. This is what Will was talking about. Going to extremes.

I can agree with this. We have a very good system of government - one with built in checks and balances designed to spread power and justice throughout federal, state and local governments rather than accumulating in the hands of a few.
I always wonder what exactly do folks mean when they say we need to 'transform' our system.

That is easy....they want to get rid of the checks on power and the balances that disperse power and attempts to keep it from accumulating into a small number of hands......

If you hear a politician utter the words "transform America," you have just heard someone who wants absolute power and is planning on destroying the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights....the fundamental outlines of how we put checks and balances on the tyrants.

One can argue that government agencies need reforms, but government in itself is not the problem. This is what Will was talking about. Going to extremes.
No. The entire design of the government is flawed, and it can be corrected by reordering the system.

The Founders, and subsequent generations, did not have all of the information necessary for organizing a better system, nor the sophisticated man power. And so, the erroneous organization leads the legislators to this partisan strategy game, that we all recognize, that trickles down and causes the social chaos we endure - and then it cycles, because the improper proportional representation scheme leads the politicians to have to "fight" for their constituents.

How is that supposed to work??? How do they work together to compose legislation - how does that work?

The American legends that have been devised to lead us to believe that true justice is possible cannot be achieved under the direction of the 18th century three-part model. The exercise of the 1787 federal Constitution successfully lead to the end of slavery in America, and that was about all it was good for. The design of the government is inherently flawed, and cannot meet the demands of diversity that the nation has evolved to, nor the expectations of a relatively more sophisticated citizenry than the people of the 18th century.

And you are why they created the checks and balances.....they didn't want people like you to be able to accumulate power.....hence the checks and balances limiting your ability to gain power........

The design of the government is as close to perfect as they could get given the circumstances of the time......

The four most important words in politics?

GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM
And the gop does it’s level best trying to make Govt. Unworkable. They lead in corruptness and recessions. They are the biggest complainers of the government yet do their best to get as much money as possible on the other side.

The problem I have with your train of thought is that Trump's best friend is Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns the controlling stock in Fox News.
Nothing honest about Ailes or Fix News.
I'm referring to Fox because they were the only honest news outlet
during 3 years of Russiagate and another year of Ukrainegate....it had nothing to do with Murdoch - all his commentators have free reign over their own shows.
Seriously. Tucker Carlson head writer is a devout racist , homophobe and writes everything Tucker says on the air. Was Faux honest about all the sexual harassment going on at Faux....nope. Tucker is on “vacation” which is a euphemism for, let’s wait a few days for the dust to settle before we fire him.

Seriously. Tucker Carlson head writer is a devout racist , homophobe and writes everything Tucker says on the air. Was Faux honest about all the sexual harassment going on at Faux....nope. Tucker is on “vacation” which is a euphemism for, let’s wait a few days for the dust to settle before we fire him.
Fox News would tank in the US if thgat happened right now, and Tucker will make 10 times more with his own podcast or a Spotify contract.

Yep.....exactly.

For the democrat, you have these 4 words...

Government is our God.
Government became "We the corporations"
instead of "We the people"........that's the problem.
View attachment 359704

The most powerful corporations in the country all support democrats...you realize that...right?
Our government IS a corporate entity operating not under the constitution but Statutory law which is the law of commerce i.e "Admiralty Law brought upon the land". Angelo is 100% correct.

The four most important words are ones not often said by either side. I'm not always right.

With the advent of the internet, is there really any excuse for anyone (especially politicians) to be wrong about ANYthing?

What we have is a bunch of fucktarded politicians who are either lazy, deceitful or both. The truth is out there to be found about just about anything. Getting people to accept and respect that truth is a whole nother problem.

Fox News would tank in the US if thgat happened right now, and Tucker will make 10 times more with his own podcast or a Spotify contract.
We will see. Like their problems with Bill O. they’ll wait to see what their sponsors have to say. Money does more talking then outright ethics. It’s not like audience at Fox and Carleton especially isn’t a lot different then the writer in question. It isn’t like Fix depends upon minority viewership for survival directly. Maybe they buy his story that he and his racist writer were not close otherwise. Sponsorship will have the final say, as always.

I preferred the time when it was more the way Tip O'Neill put it, All politics is local. Then the national political talking heads came along and late night comedians became political commentators and politics turned to a country-wide football game mentality.

I preferred the time when it was more the way Tip O'Neill put it, All politics is local. Then the national political talking heads came along and late night comedians became political commentators and politics turned to a country-wide football game mentality.
With the internet and wall to wall coverage of every event thousands of miles away, even a sneeze in NY seems local to any on line Viewer anywhere on earth.

The problem I have with your train of thought is that Trump's best friend is Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns the controlling stock in Fox News.
during 3 years of Russiagate and another year of Ukrainegate....it had nothing to do with Murdoch - all his commentators have free reign over their own shows.
In the Trump administration, lying and stealing is rewarded an$ honesty will get you kicked out faster then. anything. Tucker will do fine. But, Pence has been an outstanding butt boy. It’s hard to imagine that he’ll ever fall out of favor.

In the Trump administration, lying and stealing is rewarded an$ honesty will get you kicked out faster then. anything. Tucker will do fine. But, Pence has been an outstanding butt boy. It’s hard to imagine that he’ll ever fall out of favor.
Someone's misquoting me here. I didn't say any of the above. See post #16

All politics takes place on a slippery slope. The most important four words in politics are up to a point.
George Will

I am not a huge fan of George Will but he nailed it on the head with that pithy statement. Both Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, don’t seem to grasp the simple concept that there are limits. Just because you agree in part to some position does not mean you need to go to the extreme.

It is a concept no one these days seems to get.
Will nails every time out:
George will is the gold standard for political commentary, the fact that you are not a huge fan and don't see that his statement is only pithy because it is beneath him like few others and because of what you claim it represents in your words shows its real value...I'm a democrat who has learned how to deal with the problems my party is suffering through [white liberal privilege] I highly recommend if you read Will, Sowell, and Malkin [sp] to fix the party...careful though, it is hard to dispute logic when you are done.

BTW the 4 most important words in politics used to be "ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL" ...but I bow to the infinite wisdom of Will

Read the fucking Constitution.

How about you try reading it, and try to imagine how the different people are supposed to represent their constituents and do what it is you think they are supposed to do.

How do they agree to write legislation - how does that work?

Was it the secretaries who were supposed to write the legislation for the legislator to vote on???

Is that in the Constitution???

Well, I would like to see lawmakers write the laws, but at the end it doesn't matter who writes it, but who vote on it.

If law is for the good of everyone, I don't mind if you write it. Problem is not that special interest groups write laws, problem is that laws like that are getting passed.

The four most important words in politics cannot be “Government is the Problem” because ... politics is all about governing! Whether you discuss the act and art of governing, the institutions of government, whether you talk about Greek polities, or the Roman Empire, or the U.S.A., or a state or province, we are talking about ... GOVERNMENTS.

There is no getting around the need for government, whether on a local, provincial, or national level. Indeed, we are fast entering an epoch where even the largest and strongest national governments must give up some of their sovereignty by entering into agreements on trade, commerce, tax, diplomatic and immigration matters. World courts, world wide agreements on dealing with ecological and nuclear dangers, all are leading the world to move slowly towards ... world government.

“State power” at its most fundamental is usually defined as the power to control the legislature, the courts, the police and army. Those who think “the government” is a fundamental problem (in the sense of a bad institution to be weakened or removed as much as possible) must be in favor of “defunding” all these. Anarchists, libertarians, and communists who want the state to “wither away” have sometimes advanced their own theories of how this can happen. Most have proved absurd in our modern post-industrialized world.

Many big corporations in actual fact want to weaken government in all areas where it limits their potential profits and scope of action. Some conservatives dream of replacing the state with private police, education, courts, ad infinitum. On all these questions, where does “MAGA” really stand?

Thanks for post 38 & 39, like informative posts when I agree, agree in part, or sometimes when I disagree. Since we have dumbed down the responsive button with all silly faces & no informative button, sometimes this is the only way can reply.

Forum List

Back