The Most Disreputable Institution In The Nation.

1. "The job of the newspaper is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

The famous quote is about a hundred years old and can be traced to the work of Finley Peter Dunne, one of the great journalists of the day, who wrote about politics and culture in the voice and persona of an Irishman named "Mr. Dooley."

2. We mourn the death, on this date, of the man celebrated for proclaiming the importance of a free press in a free society.
John Peter Zenger, (born 1697, Germany—died July 28, 1746, New York City), New York printer and journalist whose famous acquittal in a libel suit (1735) established the first important victory for freedom of the press in the English colonies of North America.
Britannica.com

With the understanding about a free press, unchained from power, the Founders honored the concept in our first amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

None of the unspoken promises of a free press apply today.

3. The media today serves the interests of the Democrat Party and the international Left….as an appendage of the DNC. Rather than news channels, we have Democrat news outlets. Not journalism….it’s politics by other means.
Anyone who can predict what a DNC press release will look like, can predict what CNN’s, the NYTimes, the WaPo reporting will look like.
Journalists???? Life-long Democrats pre-positioned in the media.

Watching the media interview a Democrat is like a member of the politburo being interviewed by a reporter from Pravda or Izvestia or Tass.

MarkTwain: If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

4. The real irony is not how closely the media mirrors the Soviet media, it that all that is left for us, the real Americans is samizdat.

Samizdat (Russian: самизда́т, lit. "self-publishing") was a form of dissident activity across the Eastern Bloc in which individuals reproduced censored and underground makeshift publications, often by hand, and passed the documents from reader to reader. The practice of manual reproduction was widespread, due to the fact that most typewriters and printing devices were inventorized and required permission to access. This grassroots practice to evade official Soviet censorship was fraught with danger, as harsh punishments were meted out to people caught possessing or copying censored materials. Wikipedia

Vladimir Bukovsky summarized it as follows:
"Samizdat: I write it myself, edit it myself, censor it myself, publish it myself, distribute it myself, and spend time in prison for it myself."

Pointless attempt at pushing her personnel bias.

How can you say it is pointless when you slithered in to object to it?

The federal government is the
Most Disreputable Institution In The Nation.

The most disreputable institution in the nation is trump u.
The government has that beat in spades

I'll give your anarcho-Communist view all the consideration it deserves.

You think your consideration means anything to me?

Besides you big government lovers think anyone who wants less government is an anarchist

Last edited:
1. "The job of the newspaper is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

The famous quote is about a hundred years old and can be traced to the work of Finley Peter Dunne, one of the great journalists of the day, who wrote about politics and culture in the voice and persona of an Irishman named "Mr. Dooley."

2. We mourn the death, on this date, of the man celebrated for proclaiming the importance of a free press in a free society.
John Peter Zenger, (born 1697, Germany—died July 28, 1746, New York City), New York printer and journalist whose famous acquittal in a libel suit (1735) established the first important victory for freedom of the press in the English colonies of North America.
Britannica.com

With the understanding about a free press, unchained from power, the Founders honored the concept in our first amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

3. The media today serves the interests of the Democrat Party and the international Left….as an appendage of the DNC. Rather than news channels, we have Democrat news outlets. Not journalism….it’s politics by other means.
Anyone who can predict what a DNC press release will look like, can predict what CNN’s, the NYTimes, the WaPo reporting will look like.

Watching the media interview a Democrat is like a member of the politburo being interviewed by a reporter from Pravda or Izvestia or Tass.

MarkTwain: If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

4. The real irony is not how closely the media mirrors the Soviet media, it that all that is left for us, the real Americans is samizdat.

Samizdat (Russian: самизда́т, lit. "self-publishing") was a form of dissident activity across the Eastern Bloc in which individuals reproduced censored and underground makeshift publications, often by hand, and passed the documents from reader to reader. The practice of manual reproduction was widespread, due to the fact that most typewriters and printing devices were inventorized and required permission to access. This grassroots practice to evade official Soviet censorship was fraught with danger, as harsh punishments were meted out to people caught possessing or copying censored materials. Wikipedia

"Samizdat: I write it myself, edit it myself, censor it myself, publish it myself, distribute it myself, and spend time in prison for it myself."

Freedom of the Press

Britannica.com

When the NYPost published the Hunter Biden/Ukraine emails, detailing how Quid Pro Joe took kickbacks from the Chines Communists......twitter and Facebook did their Democrat master's bidding.

But here is Politico 'journalist,' Jake Sherman apologizing....APOLOGIZING..... for sharing the story.

"‘Such a good boy’! Brave Politico firefighter begs Twitter’s forgiveness after getting suspended for linking to NY Post’s Hunter Biden scoop

Politico reporter Jake Sherman made the mistake of tweeting out the link to the New York Post’s story about Hunter Biden purportedly arranging a meeting between then-VP Joe Biden and a Burisma executive.

But not to worry: Jake won’t dare make that mistake again.

Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman

·
22h

I tweeted a link to the NYP story right after it dropped yesterday morning. I immediately reached out to the Biden campaign to see if they had any answer. I wish i had given the story a closer read before tweeting it.
@twitter
suspended me

Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman

·
22h

my goal was not to spread informatoin. my goal was to raise questions about the story -- as i did in subsequent tweets -- and see how the biden campaign was going to respond. They later did respond.

Jake Sherman

My account is clearly no longer suspended. I deleted the tweet."

1602866682169.png

Washington Post reporters used an anonymous unverified source that wasn't identified until he was dead and couldn't answer questions to bring down the Nixon administration. Yesterday a member of the media couldn't even bring himself to ask Biden about allegations of corruption concerning his son during an alleged town hall meeting.

Washington Post reporters used an anonymous unverified source that wasn't identified until he was dead and couldn't answer questions to bring down the Nixon administration. Yesterday a member of the media couldn't even bring himself to ask Biden about allegations of corruption concerning his son during an alleged town hall meeting.
I did not know Deep Throat spilled the beans about any of Nixon's kid. All I read and heard was about Nixon. You got a link saying that, as it sounds incorrect?

Obviously, you are painting with too broad a brush. The WSJ and some other outlets are not propaganda arms of the DNC.

The insidious aspect of the Press is the presentation of the news as much as the reporting of it. I saw an AP article this morning stating that, "despite the President's goading, Biden declines to weigh in on the Law & Order issue." The same story could well have been headlined, "Cowardly Biden afraid to talk about..."

And in this Election Year, it is like the various Media outlets are competing to see which one can be most creative in slandering the President with apparent factual reporting. Like last time, one of the main reasons I will vote for Trump (early and often, thanks to the mail-in gambit) is to shut these bastards up, if only for a few days.
However they're damned few and far between.

I did not know Deep Throat spilled the beans about any of Nixon's kid. All I read and heard was about Nixon. You got a link saying that, as it sounds incorrect?
For all Americans knew deep throat might have been complete fiction but Nixon was a republican so it was O.K. to use unverified information from an anonymous source at the time. Democrats don't need an anonymous informant to get to the bottom of the Biden Ukraine/China connection, all they need to do is ask the guy if he used his position in the Obama administration to enrich his son and himself but they can't bring themselves to do it.

Forum List

Back