Got to cut you off right there, without bothering with the rest. Morals ARE what we want them to be. It's what we all agree is reasonable as a society.

Can't be said better.

In Bible Times, they burned witches and owned slaves. God endorsed it in the bible as being okay. And we kept doing that for centuries.

Then we figured out there were no real witches (sorry, Wiccans!) and people owning other people was wrong. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

By law, you don't need to murder someone to be under arrest, but you can be detained and criminally charged by attempting to murder someone.

This also applies with witches in the past.

The crime indicted to Jesus by the Sanhedrin was "inciting Israel to apostasy".

About slavery.

Why do you live so well in a prosperous country? Because democracy, freedom and hard working people? ha ha ha ha

Reality is: because slaves.

The new slavery is not forcing individuals to make free work for you, but to make nations subdued under your power. When countries in South America won;t make trade with Venezuela, such is not because these other countries reject the regime in Venezuela, but because if they interchange trade with that country, then US, UK and other countries of Europe will boycott them as well.

Notice that countries which reject democracy and capitalism are "the enemies" and you have never asked you the question, why?

Each country has the right to have their own political style of government, but the powerful ones don't want them to be "independent" but slaves.

This is not about "sharing" a way of progress because reality is that if a nation rejects the imperial system, then the empire will force it to subdue itself.

Look at ancient Egypt. The empire enjoyed good life for its citizens, while the populations around were made slaves. This is why certain countries enjoy wealthy while the ones around have no chance at all to become powerful as well.

Then, we do support slavery, a different kind of slavery, but slavery at the end.

We have not changed our minds, we just have diverted the way we see slavery at our own convenience.

So you are admitting that you didn’t read it all, but believe you know it didn’t address your point?

again, you start off with a flawed premise.

Let's try this...

"The Sky is Pink with Purple Polka Dots"... No matter what you say to support that, it's silly. No need to read any further.
Again, you don’t even know my argument because you never read my argument. So you cannot know it was a flawed premise.

not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes, Joe.

Clearly there is no objective set of moral laws , in reality or in fantasy. Morality is a subjective collection of genetics, experience, personality, knowledge, and various other factors (like, chemical enhancement).

This is obvious in the fact that we have spent 100,000 years improving it, and we continue to work hard to do so.

Clearly, as has been shown true in all aspects of knowledge, a more scientific approach to morality is desirable. Base morality on human well being (not iron aged, selfish fantasies of special status or eternal life), and better moral landscapes will arise.

Look to iron aged myths, and what you get is ignorant, iron aged nonsense. Look to make objective ideas of human well being, and better outcomes will result
It is objectivity which tells us that there are standards because not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes.

Again, you don’t even know my argument because you never read my argument. So you cannot know it was a flawed premise.

not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes, Joe.

Sure. It was a flawed argument as soon as you said that morals come from an imaginary pixie in the sky.
Except I proved it n the part you didn’t read.

Forum List

Back