The month of Ramadan

Do car bombings stop during ramadan?

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

What a sick, sick thing to say. Pathetic.

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Man you are so full of shit.

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

But it is necessary to remember a few things.

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.

I think your heart is in the right place but to equate the treatment of gays in islamic countries with how they were treated in Western countries is naive. Even if we agree that past practices were wrong you can't explain why this is still the practice in islamic countries TODAY!

Care to venture an opinion on the treatment of women in islamic countries?

You mention TODAY.

Yes, you are correct, the Middle East is currently behind the West in its treatment of gays.

But kindly remember that cultures change at different speeds.

While the West was brutalizing gays, there were AT THE SAME various cultures in this world that did not persecute gays.

It took to the 1960s for America and most of Europe (with notable exceptions) to catch up with those cultures that had never persecuted gays.

Let's all hope that the younger people in the Middle East (and Africa) will help move their societies toward more tolerance.

Let's hope that the younger generations here in the US do the same. Quick story: I lived in an apartment complex in northern Virginia and had neighbors who were attached to the Pakistani Embassy. The husband used to visit me and sit in my rocking chair sipping a glass of pinot grigio (don't tell the wife!) while we discussed politics, religion, etc. He had been stationed before in Pyongyang and Ghana. I learned a lot. Unfortunately, his wife did not speak English, although she seemed well-educated. I once loaded him in the back of my little black Mercury Cougar hatchback (such a lemon), and with his wife in the front seat, I took off. What they got, after his wife and I joked through the language barrier that maybe we shouldn't let him out of the back seat, was a guided tour of Ford's Theater and the Peterson House across the street where Lincoln died. They seemed to be in awe of the whole thing and his wife, through her husband, peppered me with questions while looking at the artifacts in the basement museum. Interesting day.

Sometime later, I lent him money to pay for an operation for his father in Pakistan. The day that it was supposed to be repaid came and went. A few weeks later, he showed up with his checkbook and fresh-cooked goodies from his wife. He said that his wife wanted to know why I didn't come over and demand the money back. I just told him that I knew that they didn't have it then and that there was no need to embarrass them since I knew that when they had it, I would get it. I sized them up for being honorable people, and they were.

There was a group of Muslims that ordered a ton of pizza right before midnight on the last day of Ramadan. It made me think they must have used the modern time keeping methods of using 11:59pm as the end of the day instead of trying to find the moon. I saw a funny skit one time about a small group of Canadian Muslims arguing over when to start and end the holiday. One was using a telescope to watch for the moon. One claimed it was based on the time the moon appeared at mecca. I thought it was a light hearted way of showing how Muslims have theological differences among themselves too a lot like Christians do.

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.

I think your heart is in the right place but to equate the treatment of gays in islamic countries with how they were treated in Western countries is naive. Even if we agree that past practices were wrong you can't explain why this is still the practice in islamic countries TODAY!

You continue to shy away from discussing the outright disgusting treatment of gays by phony "Christian" cults right here in the USA by trying to turn the conversation toward treatment of LGBTs (and women) in foreign countries. Explain the behavior of such people as frankie graham and jeffress, the "Family Research Council," the "American Family Association." who pretend to be Christian and who operate right here in the good ole USA. Forget the cheap deflection and explain this trash.

Do Christians say mean things about LGBT’s sometimes? That’s awful. Let’s call the UN and get these human rights violations settled. First World Problems. Geez.

Reality can be harsh:

You continue to shy away from discussing the outright disgusting treatment of gays by phony "Christian" cults right here in the USA by trying to turn the conversation toward treatment of LGBTs (and women) in foreign countries. Explain the behavior of such people as frankie graham and jeffress, the "Family Research Council," the "American Family Association." who pretend to be Christian and who operate right here in the good ole USA. Forget the cheap deflection and explain this trash.

Do Christians say mean things about LGBT’s sometimes? That’s awful. Let’s call the UN and get these human rights violations settled. First World Problems. Geez.

There are even "Christians" who say mean things about Christians who are LGBTs. They also say mean things about Christians who are black.

Reality can be harsh:

Are you saying the official policy of any Christian church is to kill gays? I can say for a fact that the official policy of many muslim countries is to kill gays:

"Homosexuality violates Islamic Law in Iran and can be punishable by death. Several thousand people have been executed for homosexuality since the 1979 Islamic revolution, according to some rights activists."

Are you saying the official policy of any Christian church is to kill gays? I can say for a fact that the official policy of many muslim countries is to kill gays:

No. But the Muslims I know don't endorse this or do it themselves. Your new-found desire to protect LGBTs is hilarious. Now explain why so-called "Christians" from these pigsty sects in the US keep going after LGBTs.

Reality can be harsh:

Does this fact bother you?:

Several thousand people have been executed for homosexuality since the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran.

No. But the Muslims I know don't endorse this or do it themselves. Your new-found desire to protect LGBTs is hilarious. Now explain why so-called "Christians" from these pigsty sects in the US keep going after LGBTs.

So you know a couple of muslims. However you have no problem with a muslim country... let me repeat that - a muslim country executing thousands of homosexuals.

You are screwed up.

So you know a couple of muslims. However you have no problem with a muslim country... let me repeat that - a muslim country executing thousands of homosexuals.

You are screwed up.

Of course I have a problem with anyone who murders LGBTs or anyone else, moron. But what the hell are you trying to prove? I have no control over what happens in another country. However, I do have some say in what goes on here in the U.S. You have an obsession. A mental problem. I get it. Seek help. And don't bother anyone else.

The month of Ramadan, 9th lunar month

Ramadan begins on the 9th month of the lunar year. Also, traditionally, the beginning of Ramadan is decreed when a religious sees the first crescent moon.

Fasting, which concerns both food and drink, begins at dawn and lasts until sunset. Suffice to say that you have to be enduring to endure it throughout the day. But the motivation is great for believers because Ramadan is a period of intense spirituality. It also helps to regain awareness of the value of food and drink. Feeling hungry and thirsty is a way to come together with all those who are suffering.

Once the sun goes down ...

Once the sun sets, the houses come alive and the party begins! Ideally, all family members break the fast together and at the same time.

the month of Ramadan is the 4th pillar of Islam. Fasting is therefore compulsory during this period for both men and women from puberty, with the exception of the sick, pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding or are indisposed, or even travelers ... In some cases it is possible to postpone the fast, in others it will be compensated by donations to the poor. Ramadan is not only characterized by fasting: this period is one of abstinence, kindness, charity and meekness.

In addition to fasting, practitioners must observe very strict behavioral rules and respect certain prohibitions. During this ascetic period, they will not be able to have sex during the day, smoke, make obscene comments or put on makeup. It is important to note that inadvertent eating does not involve atonement or catch-up fasting. The dizzy person therefore enjoys a certain indulgence. Conversely, a deliberate transgression of the rules recommended by Ramadan cancels the fast.

Ali Dawah: Why Islam? | SPEAKERS CORNER

RAMADAN ADVICE | EESA | BRO HAJJI | AHMED ALI | LIBAN | #SPEAKERSCORNER

Dr Zakir Naik !! Ramadan Special with Questions & Answers || Peace TV Live YouTube || Episode 12

You are screwed up.

Of course I have a problem with anyone who murders LGBTs or anyone else, moron. But what the hell are you trying to prove? I have no control over what happens in another country. However, I do have some say in what goes on here in the U.S. You have an obsession. A mental problem. I get it. Seek help. And don't bother anyone else.

Come on. Tell me again how bad Christians are.

Here is an African web site dedicated to supporting LBGT+ issues. They list the countries dangerous for gays:

The list includes (All are MUSLIM):
The US is not on the list despite your claims of mistreatment. I wonder why?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Lysistrata

TheParser

surada

Thanks for sharing the topic

see here
القرآن يذهل العالم ويكشف 10 أسرار تاريخية عن الفراعنة ومصر القديمة لم تُكتشف إلا حديثاً

كيف عرف النبي ذلك؟! - حدث تاريخي مفصل يذكره القرآن بدقة ويفشل الكتاب المقدس في ذكره

أثبت لي أن عيسى هو المسيح الذي سيأتي في آخر الزمان! عدنان رشيد في حوار مع زائر

The Witnesses Of The Crucifixion & The Qur'an Part 1

Last edited:
Much of the false news about Muslims in the media is believed by ignorant people
صحفى أمريكي يفضح دور أمريكا فى العالم العربى والاسلامي
An American journalist exposes America's role in the Arab and Islamic world

هذا هوالإسلام الحقيقي | The Real Islam

British broadcaster George
المذيع البريطاني جورج◄ يفحم متصل يهودي يدافع عن اسرائيل ◄ بكلام
ناري لا يفوتك

Jewish Rabbi How Islam and Muslims treated Jews and the real threat to world peace

Here is an African web site dedicated to supporting LBGT+ issues. They list the countries dangerous for gays:

The list includes (All are MUSLIM):
The US is not on the list despite your claims of mistreatment. I wonder why?

Saudi Arabia has thriving gay communities in the larger cities. Its like the US was in the 1950s-1960s.. They are low profile.. The thing that is dangerous is molesting children. That is a death penalty.

The health benefits of fasting include detoxification, faster healing, radiant skin, and secretion of growth and anti-aging hormones. It is also good for the digestive system as it boosts metabolism, lowers cholesterol levels, and reduces appetite, thereby managing weight and obesity. It provides relief from epilepsy, arthritis, and other diseases.

من هم الغير مؤمنين؟

هل الله أولاً في حياتك ؟ | #مترجم ?Is Allah the Highest Priority in Your Life

IslamQA: Can you read Quran on a computer or smartphone without wudu?

The necessity for wudu only applies to reading from a book of Quran. It does not apply to reading Quranic verses on a smartphone or computer. Everyone, including menstruating women, are permitted to read Quranic verses on computers and smartphones without performing ablution.

is it possible to use your laptop or pc to read the qur'an for menstruating women

(because of sex or menstruation) should not touch the Qur'an from a book of Quran

If we refer to the opinion that it is permissible for a woman who is menstruating to recite the Quran, there is no harm in her touching the Quran contained in telephones and computers, because it does not really affect the Quran, but only the cell phone or the computer, however, the Quran being in the memory of a computer and the Quran contained in a memory of a cell phone or tablet, is not linked to no material religious provision in matters of ritual purification.

Indeed, the Muslim keeps in his memory certain suras of the Quran and despite this he goes to the toilet. Sheikh 'Abdurrahmân ibn Nâsir al-Barrâk, may Allah have mercy on him, said: "It seems that cell phones and other such devices are different from the printed copies of the Quran, because the verses contained in these devices are not not in the form of written letters but in the form of digital signals that the device reproduces and then erases when switching to another page. It is therefore permissible to touch a cell phone or an audio cassette on which there is Quran, just as it is permissible to recite it from it even in a state of ritual impurity. "

It is undoubtedly useful to mention here that the recitation of the Quran by a woman who is menstruating, whether by memory or by means other than a printed copy of the Quran, is a subject of discrepancy between ulemas. Most of the ulemas are of the opinion that this is forbidden whereas the imams Mâlik and Ahmad according to a version adopted by Sheikh al-Islâm ibn Taymiyya and the sheikh Ibn Bâz may Allah have mercy on them, think that it is permissible to the woman having her menses to recite the Quran. Sheikh al-Islâm Ibn Taymiyya, may Allah have mercy on him, said: "There is nothing in the Sunnah that indicates that the woman who has her periods cannot read the Koran and the hadith" The woman having her periods periods and the person in a state of major ritual impurity cannot recite the Quran"is judged Da'îf (weak) by all specialists in the field. At the time of the Prophet () women had their periods. However, if they had been forbidden to recite the Quran just as they had been forbidden to pray, the Prophet () would have indicated it to his community and the mothers of believers would have been informed. "

Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, said: “Among the things they are allowed to include is reciting the Quran during their periods, because they cannot make up for this missed reading time during their period. period of purity. Indeed, the period of menstruation can be prolonged. However, if the woman were forbidden to recite the Koran during this period, she would lose the benefit of reading it and she would probably forget what she memorized from the Koran outside of her period of menstruation. This is the opinion of Imam Mâlik and one of the opinions reported by Imams Ahmad and al-Châfi'î, may Allah have mercy on them all. The Prophet () did not forbid the woman who is menstruating to recite the Qur'an and the following hadith is not authentic: "The woman having her period and the person in a state of major ritual impurity cannot recite the Quran. " This is a hadith qualified as Ma'lûl (defective) unanimously by the ulemas of the hadith. "

1/2 لماذا موسى نبي ومحمد ليس نبياً؟ | محمد حجاب في حوار مع يهودي محترم الجزء الأول

2/2 لماذا موسى نبي ومحمد ليس نبياً؟ | محمد حجاب في حوار مع يهودي محترم الجزء الثاني

Reading Quran while in menses #HUDATV

Do keep in mind it would never occur to most Muslims to go out and bomb a car at any time. Ramadan is a holy month for Muslims, as Lent is for Catholics. It is a time of spiritual renewal.

sad to say----the "TERRORIST WATCH GROUPS" ---have determined that there is a slight, but statistically
significant increase in islamic terrorism during the
days of ramadan. "SPIRITUALLY"----the increase has
been interpreted as an emulation of "al nabi" who fought, killed and conquered Mecca----during Ramadan. Also----it may reflect a desire to FULFILL
"oaths"

Reality can be harsh:

Isn't true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill the other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

You are talking about a radical handful. Mostly remote village people who graft their primitive tribal customs onto religion. Kind of like people in Alabama with different dress.

the "handful" get more MOTIVATED during ramadan days as recorded by the Global Terrorism Database
in both "familial murder rate" and the political
expression of islam

Forum List

Back